Are you happy we signed Dak

Are you happy we signed Dak

• Total voters

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
They need a QB, but they didn't need to overpay one who hasn't accomplished anything. Why do that? Dak is now making more money than a 7-time super bowl champion and all he has to show on his own resume is 1 playoff win in 5 seasons.

Dak fans rejoice while Cowboys fans shake their heads in shame for the stupidity that is the Dallas Cowboys.

And Dak fans wanted him to break the bank for reasons that had nothing to do with his play. See how this can be played both ways?

Should I sum up your stance for you?

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap::clap::clap::clap:

ondaedg

Reaction score
Absolutely. He has improved by 400yds per season since 2016, is one of the league leaders in GWDs, td:int, QBR, yards, wins, and he’s a respected leader in the locker room. We can now focus on drafting defense without worrying about a massive hole at QB.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Yes or no

I voted yes, for a few reasons.

First, I’m just glad this is over. In the end, we all root for the star. He’s a Cowboy now and probably one for life, so I’ve got his back.

Am I happy that Dak is signed? Yes. Am I happy with the deal? Heck no. Todd France fleeced Jerry Jones. Do I care about a rich obnoxious billionaire’s bank account? Also no. But I do care about the impact on the salary cap and our ability to acquire quality players.

So I’m not doing the dance of joy but what’s done is done. Now let’s build a young, hungry defense in the draft, sign Patrick Peterson, and let’s win a weak NFC and play Brady in the NFC Championship Game!

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Nope.

25 years without a NFCCG appearance. I have no faith in our front office to put a team around Dak. Maybe MM can pull a rabbit out of the hat, but I seriously doubt it.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Yes or no
not the size and cap impact of the deal but hes our qb our general and time to pout that behind us, thats business..im happy that parts over and we can get back to football..looking forward to hearing about his rehabs going great and hes actually doing walk throughs at OTAS and MCs so we can not focus on that because we all know thats the narrative now that hes paid..his ankle..

so aside from the business aspect , yes im happy daks still our guy but shifting focus to the field and future success..we wont know the true impact this deal has on the DCs until we see it come to fruition with results..

Doomsday101

Reaction score
How the QB market works and winning championships don't go hand in hand. That's the problem.

So be happy today for Dak. But Dallas took a huge L.

Now we wait until this deal is over before we can even think about competing again.

This deal was signed on a team trending down in a hurry with bad deals on the books. This was not the right deal for this team.

I will be and I do have faith that Dak can lead this team. Dallas save 15.5 mill vs the franchise tag this year, next year still under the 37 mill. You can sit there and compline this team is on trending down all you want that is your view but not 1 I share with you. Cowboys have many key players under contract and will be able to restructure as need be, likely including Dak in year 3 of the deal. You may not like how the market works but I sure as hell do not want to go backwards to the Henson, Hutchinson, Bledsoe and Testaverdy days. You think QB is that easy of a position good for you I totally disagree.

aikemirv

Reaction score
I voted no - but I am really indifferent to this team right now anyway until they can prove they can field a defense, because nothing really else matters until they do.

40 mill per year just lessened the chance they can.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I will be and I do have faith that Dak can lead this team. Dallas save 15.5 mill vs the franchise tag this year, next year still under the 37 mill. You can sit there and compline this team is on trending down all you want that is your view but not 1 I share with you. Cowboys have many key players under contract and will be able to restructure as need be, likely including Dak in year 3 of the deal. You may not like how the market works but I sure as hell do not want to go backwards to the Henson, Hutchinson, Bledsoe and Testaverdy days. You think QB is that easy of a position good for you I totally disagree.

You're such a good fan. Jerry loves your loyalty.

And yes.. I'd rather be terrible then keeping the mediocrity alive.

I'll take the worst QB in the NFL over Dak and this deal. I don't care about being a wildcard only team.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I voted yes just because I'm glad the saga is over and we can move forward. I'm not a huge fan of the deal or the way it went down, but I'm not one to linger.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
You're such a good fan. Jerry loves your loyalty.

And yes.. I'd rather be terrible then keeping the mediocrity alive.

I'm a long time fan. I'm sorry that maybe everyone does not share your opinion and that is what is an opinion. You sure as hell are not some expert nor more than anyone else around here.

Frozen700

Reaction score
Don't even care anymore.

Sad part about all this, everyone that is cheering, will be calling for Jerry's head come mid season.

Hypocritical phony *** fans. Stay happy and keep cheering when we look horrible next season and beyond.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I'm a long time fan. I'm sorry that maybe everyone does not share your opinion and that is what is an opinion. You sure as hell are not some expert nor more than anyone else around here.

Our owner / gm is not an expert either. He's an oil guy that bought the team. So don't discredit me while hoisting his stupidity on a pedestal.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Repeating the same thing over and over expecting a different result....does that qualify as Insanity?

Albert Einstein has entered this chat!

I think Einstein back in his day could have stepped out of his physics lecture and had a better chance of building a winner in the NFL than Jerry Jones.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Yes or no

Much like the salary poll earlier, the choices are too black and white for me.

I'm "happy" that it's over. I suspected all along that Jerry would pay him, despite the 2 year Kabuki dance, so let's just get on with it.

Would I rather have a cheap QB who is just as good, or better? Of course, who wouldn't?

That said, there's no guarantee Booger & Son would pick one. History suggests they'd be more likely to screw it up.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Our owner is not an expert either. He's an oil guy that bought the team. So don't discredit me while hoisting his stupidity on a pedestal.

and what you are you? a message board poster with a view, get over yourself acting as if your view is the only one and we should all bow to you and wait on your opinion? You don't have to pull for the Oil man football team, that is your choice

blueblood70

Reaction score
Nope.

25 years without a NFCCG appearance. I have no faith in our front office to put a team around Dak. Maybe MM can pull a rabbit out of the hat, but I seriously doubt it.
well ill be that guy today, go root for another team...simple ..its toxic to keep yourself this close to something that makes you unhappy. Get a divorce from the Cowboys go find new fiancé, hear the Bucs and chiefs have room on the bandwagon..:)

however the Chiefs fans had to wait 50 years for another SB the bucs havent even been to the playoffs in what 15 years and nearly 20 years between SBs? took the eagles 60 years to win one? browns 15 plus years without winning season? thats just few Playoff teams from last year..

we are having drought noones happy about but we are waiting on our SIXTH! could be worse