Are you happy we signed Dak

Are you happy we signed Dak

• Total voters

ondaedg

Reaction score
I voted yes, for a few reasons.

First, I’m just glad this is over. In the end, we all root for the star. He’s a Cowboy now and probably one for life, so I’ve got his back.

Am I happy that Dak is signed? Yes. Am I happy with the deal? Heck no. Todd France fleeced Jerry Jones. Do I care about a rich obnoxious billionaire’s bank account? Also no. But I do care about the impact on the salary cap and our ability to acquire quality players.

So I’m not doing the dance of joy but what’s done is done. Now let’s build a young, hungry defense in the draft, sign Patrick Peterson, and let’s win a weak NFC and play Brady in the NFC Championship Game!

Keep in mind that Dak has been playing for peanuts since 2016 and played at a below market cost last season as well. Otherwise I agree with you.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Oh I don’t root for the misery. I said I laugh at the self inflicted misery that Jerry has brought on himself for a quarter of a century.
So what exactly do you do though? How does this work? If they win and do well it upsets you? I'm trying to understand your approach here.....

kskboys

Reaction score
Meh. I voted no, but only because of the salary.

This mess started when we gave in to Dez/Jaylon/EZ/DLaw/etc. Who did I miss? What we have here is a high flying O w/ no D. I guess if we blew the draft out of the water we could fix it to a point. I guess. However, w/ our propensity for blowing all our picks on CB's and LB's and 3 techs, don't see it.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Well sign or not sign, the cowboys will not be contenders.
I do think this makes it harder to build a defense, which is what they needed.

Dak got his deal, and at least the contract thing is over, I am curious to see how he does this next season, which I think will
be a tough season, much harder to win the div, and there wont be a wc from our div.

So if dallas cant win the div, they wont be in playoffs.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
So what exactly do you do though? How does this work? If they win and do well it upsets you? I'm trying to understand your approach here.....

Nope, my life goes on regardless of what happens with this clown show. When they lose I get to laugh at Jerry’s misery, so far it’s been a hilarious decade.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Nope, my life goes on regardless of what happens with this clown show. When they lose I get to laugh at Jerry’s misery, so far it’s been a hilarious decade.

I mean I know that's what you guys do. Every time we lose this place is packed. When they win its a ghost town. I don't understand it but **** I guess whatever floats your boat.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
I’m happy it’s over. I’m happy he’s still here. I think Dak’s contract is in line with the market for top ten QBs, which he undoubtedly is. My only concern, when it comes time to pay a top ten QB his worth, it doesn’t leave room for much else.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
I mean I know that's what you guys do. Every time we lose this place is packed. When they win its a ghost town. I don't understand it but **** I guess whatever floats your boat.

Thats easy to explain, when they lose people spend more time dissecting the loss. When they win there isn’t anything to dissect. How many times do you think people want to comment about Zekes runs or Coopers one handed grab?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Thats easy to explain, when they lose people spend more time dissecting the loss. When they win there isn’t anything to dissect. How many times do you think people want to comment about Zekes runs or Coopers one handed grab?
Yeah after losses this place isn't dissecting anything the majority posts are about how Dak and Zeke suck. Dissecting a loss would take too much effort from some of you lol.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I just wish Dak had the physical capability to play up to that contract but now we got a QB making Mahomes money that needs the 85 Bears defense and 90's Cowboys offense to win anything with.

Imagine applauding this move. You truly are a super fan.

ondaedg

Reaction score

Anger and frustration are powerful emotions that cause fans to want to vent. But I agree that losses always draw scrutiny.

reddyuta

Reaction score
heck ya.the only question is if the Jones family is serious in rebuilding this Defense quickly and they are not going to do it by scrapping the Barrell in FA.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Yeah after losses this place isn't dissecting anything the majority posts are about how Dak and Zeke suck. Dissecting a loss would take too much effort from some of you lol.

Look at the number of posts this place had for the Dez catch non-catch play against Green Bay. Hell turn on ESPN and tell me how much time those guys spend talking about team wins as opposed to what coach is on the hot seat and which team is a hot mess? Teams lose people talk about what could have been done differently, they shred the coach, OC, DC, players etc. That might not fit into your definition of a real fan. But your mistake is thinking that anyone here gives a rats *** about your feelings on the matter.