Are you happy we signed Dak

Are you happy we signed Dak

• Total voters

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Our owner / gm is not an expert either. He's an oil guy that bought the team. So don't discredit me while hoisting his stupidity on a pedestal.

I think you might be discounting his experience in the insurance industry a little.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am neither happy nor sad and I did finally get one thing right since I've been here in predicting they would sign him and not tag him again. And now they can never tag him again.

I am not happy about the cap situation but then is it the cap that keeps them from being players in early FA?

However, if anyone has a problem with getting happy about this, just think of what these people could have done instead. Do you really want them picking QB's. They lucked into the last 2, think that's a trend?

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
I am neither happy nor sad and I did finally get one thing right since I've been here in predicting they would sign him and not tag him again. And now they can never tag him again.

I am not happy about the cap situation but then is it the cap that keeps them from being players in early FA?

However, if anyone has a problem with getting happy about this, just think of what these people could have done instead. Do you really want them picking QB's. They lucked into the last 2, think that's a trend?
This team really is a dead end

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Why would you invest time in rooting for a dead end? Why not find another team? I hear Jaguars are looking for openings they are getting Trevor Lawrence too.
I don’t root for this hot garbage. I watch to laugh at the ever increasing misery it causes that sad old *******.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
No

1) Too many eggs in one basket. Too risky for me.
2) Since his rookie year, Dak has only been able to win around 50%.
3) Jerry’s recent mega contracts to Lawrence, Jaylon Smith, Elliott, and Cooper have been duds as far as bang for buck. Yeah, Smith has tackles but isn’t a game changer. Elliott lost it. Lawrence is decent, but nowhere near a game changer. Cooper has stats but disappears too often.

I always thought Jerry was trying to win a SB. Don’t feel that any longer. This contract was just to appease the fans and the players. More about entertainment and money than winning.

When your highest paid players are mediocre, mediocrity is the ceiling. That is the best we will get as a fan - trying to sneak in as a wildcard.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Yes and no....

I’m happy Dak is our QB. I think he’s a top 10 QB in the league.

I’m disgusted that we’re paying him 40+ million per. It’s going to severely limit our roster flexibility in future seasons and I don’t think Dak is good enough to make up for a crappy defense / aging o-line.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No

1) Too many eggs in one basket. Too risky for me.
2) Since his rookie year, Dak has only been able to win around 50%.
3) Jerry’s recent mega contracts to Lawrence, Jaylon Smith, Elliott, and Cooper have been duds as far as bang for buck. Yeah, Smith has tackles but isn’t a game changer. Elliott lost it. Lawrence is decent, but nowhere near a game changer. Cooper has stats but disappears too often.

I always thought Jerry was trying to win a SB. Don’t feel that any longer. This contract was just to appease the fans and the players. More about entertainment and money than winning.

When your highest paid players are mediocre, mediocrity is the ceiling. That is the best we will get as a fan - trying to sneak in as a wildcard.
He is 43-27 as a starter

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes, the offense is set, pending OL health.
Now they can focus on the defense.

Some fans will just have to deal with it.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
What a miserable life to live to root for misery. Wow.

Oh I don’t root for the misery. I said I laugh at the self inflicted misery that Jerry has brought on himself for a quarter of a century.

Last edited: