CZ POLL Are you happy with Dak as the quarterback for the Dallas Cowboys?

Are you happy with Dak as the quarterback for the Dallas Cowboys?

• Yes

Votes: 314 70.4%
  • No

Votes: 132 29.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Him doing much more than just driving the bus is the problem right now.

First, that means he isn't a bus driver since he was directly involved in the overwhelming majority of the yards and points, and second, that means other areas aren't carrying their weight. A defense giving up 33 points clearly and significantly contributed to this loss, as did a running game that averaged 3.2 yards per carry.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
First, that means he isn't a bus driver since he was directly involved in the overwhelming majority of the yards and points, and second, that means other areas aren't carrying their weight. A defense giving up 33 points clearly and significantly contributed to this loss, as did a running game that averaged 3.2 yards per carry.
The worst thing you can have is a bus driver QB that tries to not be a bus driver.

Also, Derek Carrs defense gave up over 30 points and he still lead the Raiders to a victory. Stop with the excuses.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The worst thing you can have is a bus driver QB that tries to not be a bus driver.

Also, Derek Carrs defense gave up over 30 points and he still lead the Raiders to a victory. Stop with the excuses.
And that description doesn't fit with a QB that puts up a ton of points, a ton of yards and has a 104+ passer rating. QB's who are only capable of being bus drivers don't do that

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
And that description doesn't fit with a QB that puts up a ton of points, a ton of yards and has a 104+ passer rating. QB's who are only capable of being bus drivers don't do that
And what did that get us? It's Romo all over again. Pretty stats, but shrink's when it matters.

Go ahead and blame the defense while ignoring that winning team's defense ALSO gave up over 30 points.

Dak had his chance and failed miserably when it mattered. Carr didn't. That was the difference Thursday.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Yes. He has performed very well overall including a number of clutch performances that led to wins. The TEAM has completely wet the bed in the month of November. There is only so much Dak is capable of doing. A fan has to know his QB's limitations.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
and Dak is consistant? He isnt and he has a far better roster.

He’s been very consistent over his career which is why he got the big contract. He was having an MVP season until we started losing players. Even with his two top receivers out on Thursday he put up 375 yards, two touchdowns and had a passer rating of 106.0. Every starting QB in the league has had at least a couple of rough games this season. Go look at some of the stinker performances Pat Mahomes has had this season. We had the number one offense in the league last season with Dak in the lineup. Our offensive numbers plummeted without him. We have the number one offense again because of him. If you can’t see he’s one of the top tier QBs in the league you don’t have a clue about football.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And what did that get us? It's Romo all over again. Pretty stats, but shrink's when it matters.

Go ahead and blame the defense while ignoring that winning team's defense ALSO gave up over 30 points.

Dak had his chance and failed miserably when it mattered. Carr didn't. That was the difference Thursday.
It didn't get us a win because something else was missing - not the offensive output.

Again, the defense and running game failed. The Cowboys also had 14 penalties for 166 yards.

Neverthelesss, they scored 33 almost all on the QB's arm, and without their top 2 WR's, so it doesn't make sense to say the loss was because he is only capable of driving the bus.

And clearly he didn't shrink when it mattered yesterday. In crunch time, with 3:41 left in the game and an 8 point deficit, he took less than a minute to go 69 yards and tie it up with a TD and 2 point conversion. Then after the defense failed and gave up a FG to go behind, he took 1:30 to take the team back down for a game typing FG to send the game to OT. And all of that was accomplished with the running game only contributing 1 yard.

Last edited:

CowboyFrog

Reaction score

Come on OmerV..you know the History of the NFL is full of "Bus Driver" QB's leading the #1 offense in the NFL...common knowledge..right?

DFWJC

Reaction score
Wow....132 "no" votes already?
:omg:

I'm not one of them, btw

Since most Romo fans are also Dak fans (in spite of what some seem to think) and there are maybe 10-15 (max) here that just don't like Dak due to him replacing Romo.....
how do we explain the other 120 votes?

:popcorn:

Kind of kills that narrative.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Wow....132 "no" votes already?
:omg:

I'm not one of them, btw

Since most Romo fans are also Dak fans (in spite of what some seem to think) and there are maybe 10-15 (max) here that just don't like Dak due to him replacing Romo.....
how do we explain the other 120 votes?

:popcorn:

Kind of kills that narrative.

Kills what narrative? Again the post on being happy with Dak as QB Is showing the narrative, If I posted "Do you like this CEO's" salary more would say no than yes..again its human nature to look at someone making millions for playing a game and think...WTH.

Last edited:

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Kills what narrative? Again the post on being happy with Dak as QB Is showing the narrative, If I posted "Do you like this CEO's" salary more would say no than yes..again its huiman nature to look at someone making millions for playing a game and think...WTH.

Right, especially when the one making the millions is a detriment to the team. WTH.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Kills what narrative? Again the post on being happy with Dak as QB Is showing the narrative, If I posted "Do you like this CEO's" salary more would say no than yes..again its huiman nature to look at someone making millions for playing a game and think...WTH.
We're talking about different things here

I'm referring to the narrative that pretty much anyone that is not happy with Dak are "Romosexuals"

There arent a whopping 130 Romo-only fans here. I'd be surprised if there are even 10-15.

The legit question of whether Dak is worth his salary is something different altogether than what I was referring to.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
We're talking about different things here

I'm referring to the narrative that pretty much anyone that is not happy with Dak are "Romosexuals"

yeah, I think there are a few who believe that, most get it and some have not seen anything other than those 2...Anyone that started in the 70-80's probably gets it way more..we have been lucky to have both. Like never again lottery lucky on how they both arrived and played.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Too late for the poll but I'll say yes for right now. I might feel differently at the end of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.