CZ POLL Are you happy with Dak Prescott as the quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys this season?

Are you happy with Dak Prescott as the quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Perfect way to end your "I love Dak" rant.
He’s a lot better than the options that are out there right now. Who’s better wiseguy? Who would you stick the team with this season that has a chance to build off of what we’ve done the past two seasons and lead us to 12 wins and the playoffs? You’ve been on this board less than 2 1/2 years and already have over 22,000 messages. Day after day you come here building your post count hating on Dak. It’s obvious you don’t have much going on. Lol

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
no gets 50 %, not a good showing for dakko.
What do you expect from the brainiacs here? The great thing about these polls is they expose the knuckleheads. There’s a large number of fans here that would move on from Dak right this moment, a month before training camp and go with another QB, regardless who it is. That’s the mindset you’re dealing with on this board.

Hagman

Put Niland and Green in the ROH
Reaction score
Romo had more talent and read defenses better as well.
I think that Romo could read defenses better too. But at the end of the day, or rather the end of the season, he couldn't get the job done.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Knowing I won't be happy with Dak at the end of the season makes this a very easy poll for me.
How do you know you won’t be happy with him at the end of the season? He was that bad last season in your eyes that you’ve already given up on him? You don’t think the OC change and the addition of Cooks will make any difference? I still saw enough good in Dak last season to believe he has a chance to bounce back. We were 8-4 with him last season with a playoff win on the road.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
THIS season hasn't started so I won't answer the poll. Last season the answer is no, better play from the QB position and the team would have had a legit chance to at least be in the Superbowl.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The question I have for those who aren’t happy with Dak as the QB this season, who would you prefer that’s available or that was available? Let’s see if anyone has the nerve to answer. Lol
Having no viable option doesn't preclude one from disliking the current situation. I agree, people complain far too much, when there's not a lot that can be done to change things, but that doesn't mean they have to be happy about having a QB who as yet, hasn't taken the next step.

Once again, I find myself on the fence. Dak doesn't usually "lose" games, but he doesn't often "win" them either. I'm confident that he can do what needs to be done, given enough help and effort from his teammates, but I don't trust him to put the team on his shoulders for a whole game, much less a full season, and into the postseason.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
The question I have for those who aren’t happy with Dak as the QB this season, who would you prefer that’s available or that was available? Let’s see if anyone has the nerve to answer. Lol
You always come back with this ridiculous fallacy.

Just because there is no legitimate option to replace him right now, doesn't preclude the opinion that he isn't the guy.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
There’s a difference between being happy with Dak, and being satisfied or dissatisfied with him. Right now I’m satisfied with him until we can find something better, which isn’t going to be easy. He’s a lot better than some teams have at QB and he at least gives us a chance. He has the same number of playoff wins as Tony Romo in less time. There’s very few fan bases that are “happy” with their QB. Most are either satisfied for the time being with their current starting QB or are dissatisfied and want an immediate change. There’s some Buffalo fans that aren’t happy with Josh Allen because of his INT‘s, despite him being one of the best QBs in the league. If we can’t build off of what we’ve done the past couple of seasons this upcoming season and Dak is part of the reason then it’s time to start looking for another QB. However, we can’t move on from Dak until we find a “better” option or the Cowboys will end up sitting home for the playoffs every season.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Since we are around a month away from the start of training camp, I thought it would be a good time to gauge the satisfaction level with Dak Prescott as the Dallas Cowboys quarterback.

As always, I do not provide "easy out" options in CZ Polls because that defeats the purpose of the polls.
The fact this poll exists shows how overrun with trolls and haters this place is.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Having no viable option doesn't preclude one from disliking the current situation. I agree, people complain far too much, when there's not a lot that can be done to change things, but that doesn't mean they have to be happy about having a QB who as yet, hasn't taken the next step.

Once again, I find myself on the fence. Dak doesn't usually "lose" games, but he doesn't often "win" them either. I'm confident that he can do what needs to be done, given enough help and effort from his teammates, but I don't trust him to put the team on his shoulders for a whole game, much less a full season, and into the postseason.
I should have read this before I chimed in with the same sentiment.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
I back the Dak. But allow me to be specific about it.

I see his warts and understand he is not Mahomes. But I also do not have the insight to fully understand are the failures all Dak, part Dak, or not Dak at all. I'm certain Dak has a responsibility in failing. How much isn't clear.

Dak needs protection and a relatively clean pocket. He needs to be able to step up.

If that is the case, then can an offensive line be assembled which will give him the protection to allow him to do what he needs to do? A top flight running game is a component of this line play. I believe he can win. And win critical games. I could be wrong. But I also see him post some absurd number when he can step up and throw the ball. So exactly what needs to transpire to get him the type of protection which allows him to post those numbers?

But this is not a free pass for Dak. My patience is wearing thin. I understand jettisoning Dak means starting over and some of the real stars on this team will be required to endure losing seasons before the next go round of winning comes. That could costs this team Micah Parsons. So there is no cut and dried answer at this juncture if Dak cannot deliver.

But I am being patient and staying positive. Because I see no reason to byatch just for the sake of complaining.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

A lot of fans currently dislike our current QB situation but it could be worse. That’s my point! I would rather have Dak than a lot of QBs other teams are stuck with. I may not be thrilled with him, but I’m satisfied for the time being because he’s giving us a chance. I’ve seen plenty of Cowboys teams over the years that were stuck with QBs that didn’t give them a chance and those teams sat home for the playoffs every year.

Bing

Reaction score
Am I happy with Dak this season? Well since this season hasn't really began yet that's kind of hard to answer. Ask me again in six or seven months

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You always come back with this ridiculous fallacy.

Just because there is no legitimate option to replace him right now, doesn't preclude the opinion that he isn't the guy.
You just admitted there isn’t a legitimate option to replace him with. Some think great QBs grow on trees. You can’t move on from your starting QB regardless how dissatisfied you are with them until you have a better option. Without a viable QB, the Cowboys would be battling Washington for the basement in the NFC East.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The fact this poll exists shows how overrun with trolls and haters this place is.
kjnfenty.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.