CZ POLL Are you happy with Dak Prescott as the quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys?

Are you happy with Dak Prescott as the quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

nobody

Reaction score
The Denver game is a perfect snap shot of who Tony Romo was - play outstanding as long as the game is undecided, then, when the moment of truth has arrived, and you are now expected to win the game you instead throw a boneheaded pick to lose the game. Choke, choke, choke, choke, choke.

That is who Tony Romo was. He was not this mythical MVP type that so many want to portray. We can even go back and see Romo's career via youtube to bust that myth.
What does this have to do with Dak being a mega choker? Just asking. You can't prop one QB up by pointing out the failings of a predecessor that's been out of the league for 7 years. Dak sucks on his own merits.
He's a choker. I wish it weren't so but the proof is in the pudding.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
mr Pantone----you were not a Romo fan ever?....i realize 2006 dropping the ball for easy FG was crushing....but tony was fearless and could read defenses

well....before injury in 2015 he was like 2nd MVP for 2014 went 36 TD 9 INT and 69.9 completion percentage and we know Dez caught the ball and it should

have been a TD....not saying our defense would have stopped Rogers but we will never know?...Tony played real hurt at times and won games
Good point, Gorico. I liked Romo. He did not have enough support. I tend to be most happy with a QB if they win NFCCG and or Super Bowls. Having said that, I think separating a QB's performance from the team's efforts is valid, and a QB has it or they don't. Romo had it. Dak doesn't.

zeke21

Reaction score
I remember the good days of 2016 when we needed a whole zone to discuss the dak vs romo thing. Nothing has changed really. Romo was, is and will always be a superior QB to Dak. I don't care about stats.. Romo could read a defence, make all the passes and elevated guys around him. Romo MADE the careers of others. Romo compensated for so many missing pieces around him. Romo put us in positions to be successful when we had no right to be. When finally, finally, finally they had built an OLine for him, replaced Murray at RB AND given him a defence that could hold an oppo to below 40 points.. they gave the team to Dak.

Dak has ALWAYS had a 'but' in his resume. Look at the words used to describe him from the start.. great leader, intangibles, improving, young, potential, great person, great locker room energy.. When you actually then discussed you know.. the actual playing of the QB position.. the comments have been universal from the beginning: inaccurate, poor footwork, slow reads, poor anticipation, lacks vision, prone to hit passes high, struggles with deep throws. These same things could be said about him this year (and last year). Dak is a solid QB.. he is probably an above average QB if we are being generous.. but above average isn't going to cut it and it certainly won't cut it when you have to pay 'above average' 60M.

Name ONE career that Dak has elevated.. name one guy that Dak has made look better than he was? Now list all the guys that Dak has killed careers... that should be all the evidence you need.

I've always loved the Alex Smith comparison.. but Smith was actually a better QB.. but Andy Reid still saw that he wasn't elite enough to win.. so he started recruiting. Yes they got 'lucky' that Mahomes worked out.. but the point was that they were looking. Jerry Jones decided Dak was his man and we have neglected the QB position ever since. Let's look at our backups and QB room names.. Cooper Rush, Andy Dalton, Kellen Moore, Ben Dinucci, Gilbert,Grier, .. I mean seriously?! Not a single guy that might push Dak.. it has been clear since 2016 that Dak needed to be the 'only' option or he would chuck a dummy spit. That is so irresponsible. We are in big trouble.

When Trey Lance is the first 'legitimate' option you have tried to bring in after 7 years.. for the most important position on the team... that is scary.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
and there's no way Dak got 42 people to say they are happy with him.
Look close at the names of the 'members' voting in favor of Dak. Of the 45 people voting yes, it can be argued that a number of the votes are from Eagles fans. Of course they are going to express their love for Dak stinking up the field for their most hated rival.

So no, there aren't that many people still expressing their love for Dak. In fact, there are some notable Dakstans missing from the list.

Last edited:

Hadenough

Reaction score
Daks biggest problem is he can not elevate the players around him in big games. They out talent the bad teams but Daks play drops considerably when face with a comparable opponent. He almost tends to play like the worst QB in the league when he is forced to speed up his reads and throw quickly.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
30544.jpg
I had a hard time voting no, he's such a competitor who can get enough help.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is it safe mentioning Dallas' previous franchise quarterback never experienced as low a one-time approval rating on CowboysZone (or overall vote count for that matter) during his active playing career?

"GRENADE <EXPLETIVE> !"

Guess not.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is it safe mentioning Dallas' previous franchise quarterback never experienced as low a one-time approval rating on CowboysZone (or overall vote count for that matter) during his active playing career?

"GRENADE <EXPLETIVE> !"

Guess not.
Mic drop

Status
Not open for further replies.