CZ POLL Are you happy with Dak Prescott as the quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys?

Are you happy with Dak Prescott as the quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
Truth is I was a Dak supporter until this last game with SF. Not any more. When I saw how accurate and instinctive a young Brock Purdy was it just solidified to me that Dak isn't the QB to take us back to a SB. At some point you have to make some plays and he didn't. Say what you want but a healthy young Romo would have had us back in the SB with the surrounding talent that Dak has.
But alas, Romo didn’t get that quality in an OL until his last few years. Makes me wonder what could have been had they let Romo stay in that Eagles game at the end of 2016 and let Dak keep the bench warm. Dallas might have beaten GB at home that year and finally gotten to the NFC Championship.

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
Dak has run his course, probably 3 yrs ago. He needs a top defense to succeed and we don't have one, period. This season has shown that already. Sadly, that game would have been the same result if we had Purdy and they had Dak. Throwing the QBs out of the equation, we don't stack up against the 49ers very well. It's going to be a loss probably 7 to 9 times out 10.
I’ll take 9 out of 10 for $150 Alec.

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
there is no way that this team beats either SF or Philly in the playoffs, therefore the best they can do is a WC win....this season is over as far as i am concerned....if they can't win it all and there aren't young guys to get behind then its just a waste. Maybe if trey lance ends up playing then i will care again....but last night was it, they had a shot, they blew it and we now know what we have in this team.
They actually have to be in the playoffs to get to the wild card however.
Plus what have we ever seen from Lance to believe that he can handle a full load and be the QB of a great team

Jipper

Reaction score
Plus what have we ever seen from Lance to believe that he can handle a full load and be the QB of a great team
I am not saying lance is going to be the savior, I’m saying I’d be more interested in watching him potentially develop vs the same old story with dak and this team.

Blitzen

Reaction score
No I'll help you , even if I think you still won't get it As I look over the NFL QB landscape the Answer is YES.

Now would I draft a Qb ? I would have drafted a Qb at least 2 years ago. Cooper Rush Is not an option, Trading for a starting Qb that 's better than Dak is not an option

For me as a man, TANKING is not an option. I'm just not a female dog in heat, made like that. That and it NEVER works anyway. So with all the options left to me, Yeah

I'm happy with Dak. I've said it before so I'll tell you again, Dak's my guy until he isn't. I seriously hope this helps
Tanking is not possible. You would need buy in from the players-who need to perform to get their next big contract. Cutting/trading players that cost lots of money for the purpose of rebuilding is a thing though. Drafting high can really help a teams’ chances for good success in the postseason. Just recently Burrow/Chase for Cincinnati. Bosa going to SF at number two overall. So I guess it does work even if you don’t want to acknowledge it.

When determining a player’s future on the squad, you should not just look at win totals and basic stats. Does the player completely alter the team’s trajectory to the win column? Those guys should get the big extensions. Guys that fulfill the box of competent NFL QB starter should not get major extensions-though they do because most GM’s only get 2-3 years of time before they get fired for someone else. If GM’s got 8-10 years of guaranteed time-you would see a massive shift in QB salaries because the FO would have more time to actually build a team.

This team can still beat 25-26 teams most game days, but as a fan-that is never going to be my preferred objective.

TheHerd

Reaction score
But alas, Romo didn’t get that quality in an OL until his last few years. Makes me wonder what could have been had they let Romo stay in that Eagles game at the end of 2016 and let Dak keep the bench warm. Dallas might have beaten GB at home that year and finally gotten to the NFC Championship.
I have no doubt we’d have been in the Super Bowl that year with Romo. Not that Dak was bad in the GB game, but with that team around him Romo would have taken us to the next level.

Doomsay

Reaction score
This 100%. This is Jerry’s plan. We’re a marketing company which plays football on the side, and beating 25 teams keeps that marketing machine humming along rather nicely.
I like it. It would be fun to go back and substitute “marketing” for “football” in any number of Jason’s inane pressers.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
I have no doubt we’d have been in the Super Bowl that year with Romo. Not that Dak was bad in the GB game, but with that team around him Romo would have taken us to the next level.
Romo would have choked like he always did.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am curious what people have seen to adamantly avow he can't even play in a game.

RoboQB

Reaction score
A "representative segment" are a group contacted and represent a "segment" of the population. This poll was open to the entire site and only 30% participated. Either they are no longer around or they are apathetic. Either way, your jungle comment doesn't really make much sense here, does it?
2.7% of the entire site participated.
That is, if there's really 23,604 members.
(I suspect that's off by 15,000 - 20,000)
I completely missed the jungle comment. Not a clue.
Only jungles I see are concrete jungles. I try to stay away.
Thanks for the "back-up" against the clown comment.
I appreciate it.

ArtClink

Reaction score
I’m happier w Dak at QB than Jerry as GM and phantom head coach. #jerrysMess

GINeric

Reaction score
I have mixed emotions at this point, because he's a really good quarterback, but I don't believe he has that final ingredient to put to the team on his back when we need him the most.

With that said, I'm going to continue to support him until we can find a replacement that takes us up another level. As long as he is a Cowboy, I will support him. When he is replaced, I will support that quarterback as well.

Mark

Reaction score
23,604 supposed members here.
So many threads about the QB that rules were imposed on when the QB can and can't be discussed.
A poll asking if members are happy, or not, with the QB.
Total votes since Monday: 634

I realize not everyone votes but, damn, 23,000 not
saying squat about it!?!
As the owner of an unrelated discussion board for nearly twenty years (with only about 3500 members), I can say that the VAST majority of registered users don't necessarily visit frequently; those that do mainly lurk & read. These types of sites are almost universally driven by vocal minorities who furiously produce "content."

Something that may have skewed this particular poll somewhat is that it was posted at a time (after an embarrassing, 3-INT loss) that was guaranteed to trend most prejudicially against our beleaguered QB. The numbers may have looked (at least somewhat) different had the poll been posted immediately after the prior week's demolition of the Patriots.

(Full disclosure: I'm in the "not happy" camp.)

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
He would be a great Backup QB
He is NOT the QB that is going to take the Cowboys to the Super Bowl... Let alone win it.
Jesus H Christ.. I can't for the life of me understand how the Front Office or Fans can't see this by now.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He is NOT the QB that is going to take the Cowboys to the Super Bowl... Let alone win it.
Jesus H Christ.. I can't for the life of me understand how the Front Office or Fans can't see this by now.
Well, the only problem here is $60mil is a little high for a backup QB2:cool:

Blackrain

Reaction score
The front office and the fans don't matter there's only one person that matters and he has enough money to do whatever he wants and not care what anybody thinks or if anybody's happy with his decisions.

Jerry is completely happy and confident in Daks ability to take us to a super bowl. And that is all that matters and is the last word.

All we can hope is that Jerry gets Dak the help he needs to be more successful.

LocoBates

Reaction score
Great leader, bad passer, average QB. His long ball is almost always short, and lately has had a duck-like trajectory. His short balls are often late, high, or both. His reads have regressed. Once he gets rattled, and the camera shows him pushing his jaw out against his chin strap with a gaping mouth, you know the game is over. I have been on the fence, but now admit I am ready to move on.
Yet, I still don't get why people call him a "Great Leader"... a Great Leader of what? What has this Team gained with this " Great Leader" ? How this "Great Leader" helped Dallas Cowboys win vs San Francisco?, He didn't! He was part of the problem, 3 times at least! at this pace he will be the NFL "Leader" in INTs.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wow. 650 votes and barely 6% approval. Never have seen such persistently skewed poll results after so many samples.

Status
Not open for further replies.