CZ POLL Are you happy with Dak Prescott as the quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys?

Are you happy with Dak Prescott as the quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As the owner of an unrelated discussion board for nearly twenty years (with only about 3500 members), I can say that the VAST majority of registered users don't necessarily visit frequently; those that do mainly lurk & read. These types of sites are almost universally driven by vocal minorities who furiously produce "content."

Something that may have skewed this particular poll somewhat is that it was posted at a time (after an embarrassing, 3-INT loss) that was guaranteed to trend most prejudicially against our beleaguered QB. The numbers may have looked (at least somewhat) different had the poll been posted immediately after the prior week's demolition of the Patriots.

(Full disclosure: I'm in the "not happy" camp.)
Kuddos for owning/running a board.
Probably right about the results of a satisfaction poll being somewhat different.
But, not significantly different enough to show confident satisfaction. "Happy" is an emotional hand grenade.

Dak is a dud. Parsons is a loose cannon on deck. The coach is calling games like a crosswalk guard at an elementary school. It is a team with no sense of itself and no identity.
The Hot Boyz are the Lost Boys.
Sigh...

NumOneQB

Reaction score
Happy? No. Post injury Dak is not the same player.
Dallas is stuck in no-man’s land with him because it’s so difficult to find a decent QB. He’s an above average QB, but Dallas continues to build around him as if he’s elite. The FO hasn’t shown the ability to bring in the necessary players to win a Super Bowl. Hell, the necessary players to beat SF….

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I will be posting polls like this after big wins an big losses to gauge how everyone is feeling about various aspects of the team.

As always, I do not provide "easy out" options in CZ Polls because that defeats the purpose of the polls.

Not every poll is for everyone so if you do not like the options, do not vote and instead post your opinions as a reply.
mr Reality--- Dak did have a poor game but i believe most of the blame is on Big Mike....team seemed skidish...and one example of poor scheme to me

was SF was in cover 3 and you never throw long middle of the field...receiver should have hugged sideline...that is not on Dak....plus another of the INT

was skipped off hands of receiver...and another was that dumb run play on 3rd and 3....i am not giving up on Dak....also i wont for a while but i want to take

back my over emotional demand that if i ever put up a PLAT i get perma-banned?.....but it would not be for a number of weeks like after week 8?...a lot of zoners

like the PLATS?

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Actually, haven't been "happy" with a Cowboys QB since 1995.
mr Pantone----you were not a Romo fan ever?....i realize 2006 dropping the ball for easy FG was crushing....but tony was fearless and could read defenses

well....before injury in 2015 he was like 2nd MVP for 2014 went 36 TD 9 INT and 69.9 completion percentage and we know Dez caught the ball and it should

have been a TD....not saying our defense would have stopped Rogers but we will never know?...Tony played real hurt at times and won games

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I wish the two people thus far who've indicated that they are "happy with Dak" would explain their rationale.

(Although I suspect one of the two selected the "Yes" option by mistake, and the other was simply being contrarian for its own sake.)
i voted Yes....who do we got to replace him?....its hard to be elite QB NFL....but the loss Sunday night ripped my heart out....it does cost a lot to have cardiologist

and heart surgeon on standby....i was so upset last week...now i am back to overly optomistic.....maybe Big Mike can do major overhaul of offense in middle

of season?...maybe not...but if we go on 5-game winning streak...back in it???.....i live in dream world....where all the Homers live

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That is because the contract will have a massive cap hit if they cut him next year. Jerry makes dumb decisions and it hurts the whole team.

Jerry is stuck, either pay Dak lots next year, or try to extend him with a new contract, so really a lose/lose for the team.
i voted YES but hoping Dak takes pay cut....he should and earn his way back.....if we beat Chargers and Eagles back in it.....but we did get very exposed

Sunday night....we got to fix that if at all possible.....not impossible....but very hard....but if we went on 5 game win streak everyone would love cowboys again

not impossible

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
You know some of Dak's biggest supporters don't even have the courage to vote in here. Don't see AC defending his guy, no Yobwocs, who else is there that is left? Maybe it helps lessen the pain pretending this poll doesn't exist.
they see it and are sad. they thought everyone was in love with dak like them. shrugs.....just one win is all it will take and the stats, and more stats crap will be all over the first page.............

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
lets just face it he a very good backup just a tick above rush
I'm not so sure that is the case right now. There is a very real possibility that Rush comes in and plays better than Dak if he was to be given the opportunity.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
"always"...

you romo haters are insane.
Romo choked each and every time the big moment arrived. Every time. Prove me wrong by posting pics of Romo's MVP awards and Super Bowl rings. Heck, post his stats from any conference title game.

The only things Romo has to show for his time as Dallas' QB are Jessica Simpson's pink jersey and a ticket stub to Cabo.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
The Denver game is a perfect snap shot of who Tony Romo was - play outstanding as long as the game is undecided, then, when the moment of truth has arrived, and you are now expected to win the game you instead throw a boneheaded pick to lose the game. Choke, choke, choke, choke, choke.

That is who Tony Romo was. He was not this mythical MVP type that so many want to portray. We can even go back and see Romo's career via youtube to bust that myth.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score

QB play has been good with most of the teams, Even Geno can throw a perfect over the shoulder drop in the hands long pass to locket. CJ shroud , Carr working the receivers with quick passes makes me wonder Why we cant get that .

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Romo choked each and every time the big moment arrived. Every time. Prove me wrong by posting pics of Romo's MVP awards and Super Bowl rings. Heck, post his stats from any conference title game.

The only things Romo has to show for his time as Dallas' QB are Jessica Simpson's pink jersey and a ticket stub to Cabo.
So...for me to prove you wrong..I have to show Super Bowl Rings?

And you wonder why I call you insane.

The fact that I have to PROVE to you romo did not "always" choke....is proof I just shouldn't bother with the likes of you.

Hate,,,is a bad thing....you should try to avoid that in your life not just at romo.

Status
Not open for further replies.