CZ POLL Are you happy with Dak Prescott as the quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys?

Are you happy with Dak Prescott as the quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

morat1959

Reaction score
All they need to do is sign Dak to an extension and I can quit caring about the Cowboys altogether.
No you won’t. . It just won’t matter as much. I took a few years break from watching every game pre-Romo and I’m not a big Romo fan. Been a decent run up until now. The Garrett debacle cost us many years. Just as the Dak debacle in year 8. More than signing Dak to something they can get out of, not trading up to get one of top QBs in next years draft will put me over the edge again. That position has been ignored since Aikman. I quit going to games and buying merchandise MANY years ago. A great QB is the only thing to get us over the JJ circus.

morat1959

Reaction score
I want to apologize for comparing Dak to Cousins. I was completely wrong Cousins is way better after watching what he did to San Francisco the other night without a running game or his #1 WR Jefferson.
I was sitting here saying the same thing watching the game. I was actually embarrassed sitting here by myself.

RoboQB

Reaction score
I lived through it, it was said...
The only one everyone wanted gone after that
NFC Championship Game was Barry Switzer.

I repeat, nobody was saying "Aikman needs to go"
after the loss to SF. Ironically, it is considered a defining
moment and, to some, his best game as a Cowboy.
Minus the first 7 minutes and 20 seconds in the 1st quarter, of course.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Just trying to be the only positive person here in the face of so much pessimism
i hear you...i can be positive or negative....i am convinced cowboys DO NOT pull all resources to build a winning team but are satisfied to be better than average

...i just keep thinking Jerry and his family cruising on quarter billion dollar yacht sucking down Johnnie Walker blue label.......the team

keeps going up and up and up in value while the team does not even sniff a Championship game....but i can still be such a Homer i want to lay down all the

Gurantees we will win?...makes no sense...but that is what being a fan over 50 years can do to a person?...but i like your posts....i can tell after a loss you get

a bit steamed too?

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Robo--- i watched every second of that game...it was a Valiant attempt at comeback and if we had just a few more minutes???

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
No you won’t. . It just won’t matter as much. I took a few years break from watching every game pre-Romo and I’m not a big Romo fan. Been a decent run up until now. The Garrett debacle cost us many years. Just as the Dak debacle in year 8. More than signing Dak to something they can get out of, not trading up to get one of top QBs in next years draft will put me over the edge again. That position has been ignored since Aikman. I quit going to games and buying merchandise MANY years ago. A great QB is the only thing to get us over the JJ circus.
mr Morat---- cannot disagree

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score

It was more a matter of "he's slipping" or "we need somebody else", etc.

And I didn't say I agreed with the comments, if anyone thinks there weren't some dumb clucks who were ticked off because the Cowboys, led by Aikman, didn't win 3 SBs in a row, then they must just tune out those types of comments.

There are always people who say things like that, doesn't mean they're right....

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Dak's a Great guy, a good quarterback, a great leader on and off the field, a class act on and off the field, but just not talented enough to lead the Cowboys to a Championship.

RoboQB

Reaction score
It was more a matter of "he's slipping" or "we need somebody else", etc.

And I didn't say I agreed with the comments, if anyone thinks there weren't some dumb clucks who were ticked off because the Cowboys, led by Aikman, didn't win 3 SBs in a row, then they must just tune out those types of comments.

There are always people who say things like that, doesn't mean they're right....
Okay, if you're essentially saying, for example, two drunks in a bar were claiming Aikman was slipping directly after that game, or the following season that ended with a SB Trophy, I guess I'd have to say that's possible. Ridiculous, but possible.

It seems to be a far cry from the original implication.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Okay, if you're essentially saying, for example, two drunks in a bar were claiming Aikman was slipping directly after that game, or the following season that ended with a SB Trophy, I guess I'd have to say that's possible. Ridiculous, but possible.

My original statement was: "people were saying he wasn't good enough anymore."

Didn't say there were a lot, I was just trying to illustrate a point, but you're trying to make it sound like a blanket statement, which it wasn't, as evidenced by my closing sentence.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score

The only thing I remember from 94 was people saying that we would have threepeated if Jimmy was still coach. Don't remember any comments about Aikman.. That seemed to come much later when he was clearly done.

RoboQB

Reaction score
My original statement was: "people were saying he wasn't good enough anymore."

Didn't say there were a lot, I was just trying to illustrate a point, but you're trying to make it sound like a blanket statement, which it wasn't, as evidenced by my closing sentence.
You also said "you lived through it"... lol

Status
Not open for further replies.