CZ POLL Are you happy with Dak Prescott as the quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys?

Are you happy with Dak Prescott as the quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

plymkr

Reaction score
I'd move on simply because I don't think he has the talent or football IQ to ever lead this team to a SB, regardless of what the talent level of the team is, so continuing with him is a waste of time. That's my opinion of course.
I’d move on because he seems to be regressing. In order to keep him we’ll have to pay market value. So to me the question is do we want to invest in a player with declining skills. Investing heavily into a declining player is not good business.

Let’s take Dak out of it. Let’s pretend we had to decide to cut Gallup or extend him because of his salary and the cap. Gallup let it be known he wants to be paid market value for his position, Cooper Krupp money. So top dollar for a player that is injury prone and his skills are declining. No way would it be a discussion.

I think the debate gets into word salad with pro Dak people saying “we could do worse” and throwing his stats around. Anti Dak people saying he sucks and is a turnover machine. Who cares.

Here’s the real question IMO. Do we want to invest 3-5 more years and 50+ million APY in an 8 year veteran whose skills are declining and have significantly declined since the ankle injury? I feel it’s in our best interest to invest in a player with a higher ceiling and is not regressing.

RoboQB

Reaction score
wow, yeses are only at 76% now.
Mostly because many who voted NO the first time feel this conversation is akin to talking to a wall.

They score 20 against the 31st ranked defense and the YES voters are chirping that he "put the whole team on his back" and won it "by himself"... smh

Imagine being excited that your side, if you voted no,
is all the way up to, ummm, 24%, and completely ignoring
that there's 500 less votes.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Mostly because many who voted NO the first time feel this conversation is akin to talking to a wall.

They score 20 against the 31st ranked defense and the YES voters are chirping that he "put the whole team on his back" and won it "by himself"... smh

Imagine being excited that your side, if you voted no,
is all the way up to, ummm, 24%, and completely ignoring
that there's 500 less votes.
*the last "no" should be "yes". I obviously screwed that up.
The smart ones know what I meant in the final paragraph.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
27 years of post season failure will promote that sort of thing
Dallas fans are never happy with their quarterback. Some even wanted Steve Walsh over Aikman!

How many were harping for Kellen Moore over Romo? How many were harping for Morton over Meredith? How many were harping for Pelleur over Hogeboom, or Romo over Bledsoe, and on and on an on.

We're a malcontent bunch, generally speaking....

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Another QB that couldnt get it done when the lights were bright.
Yeah, much as I liked Romo, he's about the same as Dak when it comes to playoff games, they both try way too hard to do it all themselves, trying to make a very difficult throw when the better option is take the sack, holding the ball too long trying to find an open receiver (or hoping a receiver would actually get open like others do around the league, etc.).

That's while I voted NO on the poll, I'm not saying "he's a bum" or such, if I say I like Romo despite his lack of much playoff success I have to say the same about Dak....

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Dallas fans are never happy with their quarterback. Some even wanted Steve Walsh over Aikman!

How many were harping for Kellen Moore over Romo? How many were harping for Morton over Meredith? How many were harping for Pelleur over Hogeboom, or Romo over Bledsoe, and on and on an on.

We're a malcontent bunch, generally speaking....
Everyone was happy with Aikman because he won his first Super Bowl in his fourth year. This poll would have been 99% "Yes" during the dynasty.

You see, that is how you win fans over - by winning championships. Not exactly a mystery.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
I guess 85% of the fanbase is just praying we get a top 5 qb from the draft, meanwhile they forget the stretch from Aikman to Romo. I do not want to go on that type of stretch. They should let Dak test the market just because he isn't worth the money he's gonna want. He's a top ten qb,
The only reason we went through that stretch of bad QB play is because Jerry insisted on being a "football man".

Romo and Dak were like 5 dollar scratch off tickets after hundreds of non-winning tickets. You got excited briefly from the endorphin rush, but later, your rational mind realizes that you have still lost money over the long haul.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Everyone was happy with Aikman because he won his first Super Bowl in his fourth year. This poll would have been 99% "Yes" during the dynasty.

You see, that is how you win fans over - by winning championships. Not exactly a mystery.
That depends. If you listened to sports talk radio here in Dallas during the 90's there were plenty of critics back then too.

MojaveJT

Reaction score
Only way to change my vote to a yes if he starts beating playoff caliber teams and SB contenders consistently. These kinds of games should be expected wins given the amount of resources they have given Dak along with a hefty contract.

Mark

Reaction score
Dak's approval rating has surged to 25.1%.

A lot of members appear to have changed their tune (and votes) in a week's time.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He played better but he still missed some easy throws. That will happen I guess. I also really hate his pocket awareness. That first sack he looked right at the defender getting blocked towards him and then spun directly into him. He takes sacks he should not. It's like he's lacking that "QB clock" in his head.
I think that's the exact reason MM didn't want to try a TD attempt at the end of the first half.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
No ...... I am not happy.

I like Dak and think he is a good QB ........ but I am not happy with the results in the playoffs and in big games.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’d move on because he seems to be regressing. In order to keep him we’ll have to pay market value. So to me the question is do we want to invest in a player with declining skills. Investing heavily into a declining player is not good business.

Let’s take Dak out of it. Let’s pretend we had to decide to cut Gallup or extend him because of his salary and the cap. Gallup let it be known he wants to be paid market value for his position, Cooper Krupp money. So top dollar for a player that is injury prone and his skills are declining. No way would it be a discussion.

I think the debate gets into word salad with pro Dak people saying “we could do worse” and throwing his stats around. Anti Dak people saying he sucks and is a turnover machine. Who cares.

Here’s the real question IMO. Do we want to invest 3-5 more years and 50+ million APY in an 8 year veteran whose skills are declining and have significantly declined since the ankle injury? I feel it’s in our best interest to invest in a player with a higher ceiling and is not regressing.
I like your last paragraph. At this point, leave the stats, leave the emotions. Ask ourselves a tough business decision.
Weve gotten rid of a lot players for dak. Weve aquired a lot of players for dak.
What is our path? Our trajectory? Up? Down? More of the same?

Jerry dont like to bail out....so....

RoboQB

Reaction score
Dak's approval rating has surged to 25.1%.

A lot of members appear to have changed their tune (and votes) in a week's time.
The percentage comparison doesn't mean squat if the total participation isn't even close. Nearly 500 less
total votes than last week. Guess what those votes
would've been.

Meanwhile, I bet "Tad" is making calls and sending emails
lobbying for the sheep to vote for his brother... lol

Status
Not open for further replies.