CZ POLL Are you happy with Dak Prescott as the quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys?

Are you happy with Dak Prescott as the quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

kskboys

Reaction score
You can keep your semantics up, but my point remains. No Dak has not played with as many HOFers as Troy did by the 8th year of Troy’s career. And as soon as Troy was not surrounded by HOFers his play took a nose dive and he was terrible.
Incorrect. He was not terrible.

One of the reasons they are HOFers is due to great QB play. And to your other assertion. Since Jimmy left, personnel mgmt has been poor. Terrible GMing. Even when we build a good team, we have holes that Jerry has failed to fill.

kskboys

Reaction score
What lie did he tell? Troy played with MULTIPLE HOFers on both sides of the ball at the same time. That is an undeniable fact. Has Dak been playing alongside multiple HOFers on both sides of the ball at the same time?
As a matter of fact, yes.

Zach/Witten/Tyron/Micah. Also in the running: Lamb/Diggs. Would be if not for injuries: Sean Lee/Fredbeard

I do not give any credence to using the HOF as some sort of weird judgment tool, though.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I will be posting polls like this after big wins an big losses to gauge how everyone is feeling about various aspects of the team.

As always, I do not provide "easy out" options in CZ Polls because that defeats the purpose of the polls.

Not every poll is for everyone so if you do not like the options, do not vote and instead post your opinions as a reply.

As usual, this poll will be closed before the next game!

Not happy.

Dak is a good QB, but I expect him to make mistakes that hurt us against good defenses.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Here we go....
giphy.gif

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As a matter of fact, yes.

Zach/Witten/Tyron/Micah. Also in the running: Lamb/Diggs. Would be if not for injuries: Sean Lee/Fredbeard

I do not give any credence to using the HOF as some sort of weird judgment tool, though.
Thank you for spelling it out very slowly for that poor kid. HE's actually sitting there trying to tell us Dak hasn;t played with any HoFers like Troy did...

Well no poo sherlock...they aren't eligible yet ya doofus. :lmao:

kskboys

Reaction score
Thank you for spelling it out very slowly for that poor kid. HE's actually sitting there trying to tell us Dak hasn;t played with any HoFers like Troy did...

Well no poo sherlock...they aren't eligible yet ya doofus. :lmao:
And it's a very poor way to judge a team anyway. Nate Newton isn't in the HOF, Tony Casillas isn't, Stepnoski, Jimmie Jones, Jay Novacek, Tuinei, Washington, Daryl Johnston, Maryland, none of those guys, yet all were instrumental in super bowl wins.

Here's what's funny: The dude argues that Aikman was better because he was surrounded by better players. And then turns around and argues that Jerry is great as a GM, even though Dak is not surrounded by near as many good players.

Think he even knows that he's contradicting himself?

McKDaddy

Reaction score
And it's a very poor way to judge a team anyway. Nate Newton isn't in the HOF, Tony Casillas isn't, Stepnoski, Jimmie Jones, Jay Novacek, Tuinei, Washington, Daryl Johnston, Maryland, none of those guys, yet all were instrumental in super bowl wins.

Here's what's funny: The dude argues that Aikman was better because he was surrounded by better players. And then turns around and argues that Jerry is great as a GM, even though Dak is not surrounded by near as many good players.

Think he even knows that he's contradicting himself?
Problem with this place in a nutshell. "This guy is trash (he is completely responsible for that teams failures while ignoring any details about his situation) and this guy is awesome (it's everyone else's fault regardless of how much talent surrounds them).

kskboys

Reaction score
Problem with this place in a nutshell. "This guy is trash (he is completely responsible for that teams failures while ignoring any details about his situation) and this guy is awesome (it's everyone else's fault regardless of how much talent surrounds them).
How in hades do people get these so strange ideas lodged in their heads? BSPN, I guess.

It is completely over thinking that Jerry is even a passable GM. He's terrible. The book is ended. Look at the last draft. Schoonmaker? Really? In what realm did that make any sense whatsoever? Doesn't matter who's pick he was, Jerry as the GM is in charge of personnel.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
How in hades do people get these so strange ideas lodged in their heads? BSPN, I guess.

It is completely over thinking that Jerry is even a passable GM. He's terrible. The book is ended. Look at the last draft. Schoonmaker? Really? In what realm did that make any sense whatsoever? Doesn't matter who's pick he was, Jerry as the GM is in charge of personnel.
Once Al Davis died, Jerrah took the #1 spot at GM's so bad and insane that people laugh at them...

DallasInDC

Reaction score

I'm not a Jerry apologist nor do I want him to continue in that role (without any accountability recourse)...but with that said, it's disingenuous to say Jerry is not even a passable GM. He is top 5 in # of SBs, # of HOfers (8 plus potential of Woodson, Witten, Zach Martin Tyron Smith, and maybe Micah Parson), of pro-bowlers, # of all-pros, and overall winning %). And before you say he is longest serving GM, he is still top 10 all time if you break down each of those categories to avg/per year.

Jerry has lot's of flaws, but to say he isn't even passable as GM is just plain hating for the sake of hating.

bewp7

Reaction score
no and i never will be!

i think he is crap and i have since day 1! if it is still around or on arhive go look on the ranch i am very cosistsnt on my dak hate!

unless cowboys win a super bowl then i will be happy

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
I'm not a Jerry apologist nor do I want him to continue in that role (without any accountability recourse)...but with that said, it's disingenuous to say Jerry is not even a passable GM. He is top 5 in # of SBs, # of HOfers (8 plus potential of Woodson, Witten, Zach Martin Tyron Smith, and maybe Micah Parson), of pro-bowlers, # of all-pros, and overall winning %). And before you say he is longest serving GM, he is still top 10 all time if you break down each of those categories to avg/per year.

Jerry has lot's of flaws, but to say he isn't even passable as GM is just plain hating for the sake of hating.
You are giving Jerry credit for GM duties performed by Jimmy Johnson. Jerry was not GM when Jimmy was here as per Jimmy's contract which I've linked to every time one of you tries to do this.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...ry-jones-on-gm-claims-during-super-bowl-runs/

“The time I was with the team, I had complete and total responsibility over the football operation,” he told Horn earlier this week. “That meant personnel, the draft, coaches, including the strength coach. Everything. It was always in my contract. …

“When we signed that first contract, Jerry said, ‘I’ll be in charge of the finances, you’ll be in charge of the football,’ we’ll make history,” Johnson added.

Jerry as GM has never even been to a conference title game, and holds the NFL record for longest tenure as GM without ever making it to a conference title game. Likewise, Stephen holds the NFL record for longest tenure in his job without ever making it to a conference title game.

Jerry is the worst "football guy" in NFL history because of that and because he can't be fired.

zeke21

Reaction score
Unlike some, I don't think Dak is trash.. he is just a 'meh' guy. He will put up some lovely stats, hits some nice purple patches of form.. and if everything falls right I think he can win... but he is not worth the money we are paying and he is not capable of the winning the SB. That is why I will vote no and keep voting no.

Until some understand that.. we will go in circles. The Smith/Mahomes comparison is the best to explain it. Dak is Smith (actually probably worse than Smith) but he ain't mahomes and that is what costs us.

As to the "Peyton didn't win a SB till year 9 so Dak still has time" crowd.. in case it needs noting, Manning was drafted #1 by the Colts.. a team that held that pick because they went 3-13 the year prior and had a very weak squad. So Manning walks into a poor franchise and within 3 years wins his first MVP. Then wins his 2nd MVP.. the colts are improving each year but still lack talent. Manning is voted as the best player in the league and gets the colts to playoffs largely on his own skill. In those games, the Colts are getting beaten strong teams.. and Manning is trying to overcome the (statistically) leagues worst defence for two of his first four seasons. He then runs into Brady and the Pats two years in a row.. Then he wins his SB. By this stage he is all pro five years in a row, has 3 MVPs and is elevating guys all around him.

So don't compare Dak 'stat' Prescott with Manning ffs.. Dak has never won an MVP. Dak isn't playing against the Pats and Brady.. he is losing to Brock Purdy. Dak walked into a SB caliber team and has done jack all with it. He hasn't elevated guys around him.. in fact he is a career killer for most WRs. Dak stands behind one of the leagues best and most consistent OLines. Dak has benefitted from a very good and improving defence for two seasons. Dak has had weapons put all around him and a conga line of coaching 'upgrades'. And still.. nothing.

For those that are too young to have lived through manning.. the guy was a born winner. If we had manning these past 8 years.. he would have won at least a NFC championship. So stop picking a guy that had to fight through a franchise rebuild as an example of why we shouldn't give up on Dak.

In before Dak comes out and torches the Giants and everything puts bets on us winning SB. .. how about we see Dak actually beat good teams on a consistent basis before we rush to claim him elite???

kskboys

Reaction score

To say he's passable means you may have vision and hearing issues. Are you aware that even though Jerry insists on being part of the draft process, that he refuses to do any background work, such as watching tapes of draftees?

Think about this. Jerry proclaimed: "You don't need a good OL if you have a mobile QB."

That is not only not passable, that is horrendous.

Jerry consistently lets an area of the team fall completely apart before addressing it. Horrendous GMing.

I think you should rethink the childish "hater" talk. That's for the nimrods on this site. You sure you want to group yourself in w/ them?

kskboys

Reaction score
Unlike some, I don't think Dak is trash.. he is just a 'meh' guy. He will put up some lovely stats, hits some nice purple patches of form.. and if everything falls right I think he can win... but he is not worth the money we are paying and he is not capable of the winning the SB. That is why I will vote no and keep voting no.

Until some understand that.. we will go in circles. The Smith/Mahomes comparison is the best to explain it. Dak is Smith (actually probably worse than Smith) but he ain't mahomes and that is what costs us.

As to the "Peyton didn't win a SB till year 9 so Dak still has time" crowd.. in case it needs noting, Manning was drafted #1 by the Colts.. a team that held that pick because they went 3-13 the year prior and had a very weak squad. So Manning walks into a poor franchise and within 3 years wins his first MVP. Then wins his 2nd MVP.. the colts are improving each year but still lack talent. Manning is voted as the best player in the league and gets the colts to playoffs largely on his own skill. In those games, the Colts are getting beaten strong teams.. and Manning is trying to overcome the (statistically) leagues worst defence for two of his first four seasons. He then runs into Brady and the Pats two years in a row.. Then he wins his SB. By this stage he is all pro five years in a row, has 3 MVPs and is elevating guys all around him.

So don't compare Dak 'stat' Prescott with Manning ffs.. Dak has never won an MVP. Dak isn't playing against the Pats and Brady.. he is losing to Brock Purdy. Dak walked into a SB caliber team and has done jack all with it. He hasn't elevated guys around him.. in fact he is a career killer for most WRs. Dak stands behind one of the leagues best and most consistent OLines. Dak has benefitted from a very good and improving defence for two seasons. Dak has had weapons put all around him and a conga line of coaching 'upgrades'. And still.. nothing.

For those that are too young to have lived through manning.. the guy was a born winner. If we had manning these past 8 years.. he would have won at least a NFC championship. So stop picking a guy that had to fight through a franchise rebuild as an example of why we shouldn't give up on Dak.

In before Dak comes out and torches the Giants and everything puts bets on us winning SB. .. how about we see Dak actually beat good teams on a consistent basis before we rush to claim him elite???
Aside from a very few posters who think he's trash, most people rate him in the 8-15 range somewhere.

Dak and Peyton should never be mentioned in the same sentence.

kskboys

Reaction score
You are giving Jerry credit for GM duties performed by Jimmy Johnson. Jerry was not GM when Jimmy was here as per Jimmy's contract which I've linked to every time one of you tries to do this.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...ry-jones-on-gm-claims-during-super-bowl-runs/

“The time I was with the team, I had complete and total responsibility over the football operation,” he told Horn earlier this week. “That meant personnel, the draft, coaches, including the strength coach. Everything. It was always in my contract. …

“When we signed that first contract, Jerry said, ‘I’ll be in charge of the finances, you’ll be in charge of the football,’ we’ll make history,” Johnson added.

Jerry as GM has never even been to a conference title game, and holds the NFL record for longest tenure as GM without ever making it to a conference title game. Likewise, Stephen holds the NFL record for longest tenure in his job without ever making it to a conference title game.

Jerry is the worst "football guy" in NFL history because of that and because he can't be fired.
Excellent reply.

Another huge negative is that he absolutely cannot shut up or keep his face out of the media. He's childish and extremely egocentric. Just the wrong type of person to be an NFL GM.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Still pretty close despite the loss. Will this week's win flip the likes and dislikes?
Dak is like the school yard bully who only picks on the little children and the Gnats are the little children this week. They suck arse and I fully expect Dak and the rest of the team to have a field day against them.

This shouldn't flip the results of the vote, but we all know it will. People jump on and off the Dak bandwagon every minute. This week it's going to fill back up, but by next week it could empty out again.

kskboys

Reaction score
Dak is like the school yard bully who only picks on the little children and the Gnats are the little children this week. They suck arse and I fully expect Dak and the rest of the team to have a field day against them.

This shouldn't flip the results of the vote, but we all know it will. People jump on and off the Dak bandwagon every minute. This week it's going to fill back up, but by next week it could empty out again.
Right? It's so weird to me. However, just shows the nature of most fans. Casual.

Of course, after a bit the numbers widened against Dak.

Status
Not open for further replies.