CZ POLL Are you happy with Dak Prescott as the quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys?

Are you happy with Dak Prescott as the quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It only took over 50 years. I don't have that many years left.
lol well I’m sorry to hear that man. These things can be tough when you’re going through a long spell. But my original point still remains that simply because we haven’t won since 95 that has nothing to do with this season. With as weak as the nfc is this year, all it requires is us to get hot near the end of the season and hey who knows what can happen once we get into the tournament.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
NFL history is LITTERED with great QBs who didn’t win or even make it to their first SB until later in their careers. Just off the top of my head Peyton didn’t make his first SB until year 9. Drew Brees first SB appearance was also in year 9. You would agree those 2 are HOF QBs right? I wonder why it took so long for such great QBs to make it to their first SB? Dak is in year 8 for context. And I am in no way saying that Dak is as good as either one of them so please don’t respond with that. Simply pointing out that’s it’s not as simple as saying “hey If you’re a good qb you should have a SB by x amount of time”.
Unlike certain other people....i try to not reply with super hyperbole stuff you never said or suggested.:cool:.

Lets look at peyton then. Had to go to another team to do it? Super bowl ready?

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Unlike certain other people....i try to not reply with super hyperbole stuff you never said or suggested.:cool:.

Lets look at peyton then. Had to go to another team to do it? Super bowl ready?
Peyton made his first SB in 2006 in year 9 with the Colts. You’re thinking of the SBs he made later in his career with the Broncos. They kept getting knocked out of the playoffs every year by Brady, Big Ben, Rivers. By end of year 8 with another early playoff loss ppl were calling Peyton a choker, that he could only dominate in the regular season, that he accumulated all these regular season stats but folds in the playoffs. Sounds familiar huh? ;)

kskboys

Reaction score
lol well I’m sorry to hear that man. These things can be tough when you’re going through a long spell. But my original point still remains that simply because we haven’t won since 95 that has nothing to do with this season. With as weak as the nfc is this year, all it requires is us to get hot near the end of the season and hey who knows what can happen once we get into the tournament.
Gotta do a little more research.

Get this. In 2020, the Rangers CHANGED GMs.

It has a ton to do w/ not having won since 95. We need a GM who understands how to build a super bowl contender. Rangers went out and got them one.

Completely different scenarios.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Oh, you mean the Troy Aikman when he had the best team (starters and backups) around him that money could buy, along with the best Oline/RB/FB/TE/WR/Defense/Special Teams of the 90s???

The same Troy who used to play at his worst when he was under pressure and forced out of the pocket AND ESPECIALLY DIDN'T HAVE THE BEST TEAM OF THE 90S AROUND HIM DURING HIS EARLY AND LATER YEARS? You know, the same Troy who had two left feet and struggled to scramble out of the pocket? So many times during his later years, he ended up either missing his targets or concussed while being forced out of the pocket. Look at his career stats, especially hist first 2 years and last 4 years. Troy was constantly averaging pass completions percentages in the 50s. Heck, his last 4 playoff games during the late 90s ended with horrible results. You prop him up because of his SB years, but you forget how horrible Troy performed before and after those SB years when he didn't have the best Oline, best WRs and best protection money could buy. Once the salary cap came into effect, Troy's reign of perfection came to an end. He got exposed and looked way worse than Dak. That's what you are not realizing when you bash Dak while you compare and prop up Troy Aikman.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/A/AikmTr00.htm
Imagine dissing a legend like Troy to prop up Dak

Sad

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Gotta do a little more research.

Get this. In 2020, the Rangers CHANGED GMs.

It has a ton to do w/ not having won since 95. We need a GM who understands how to build a super bowl contender. Rangers went out and got them one.

Completely different scenarios.
Will Mcclay is the real GM. This team for the last 10 years 2013-2023 have been night and day from the previous 10 years 2003-2013. My point stands that previous years have nothing to do with right now.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
that's bizarre, like stalking crap. and very sad. Roger will be next to be disrespected by the dak crazies. Dang, they need to find another team. They are killing these forums.
What did he like about though? Did Aikman not play with multiple HOFers on both sides of the ball?

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
What lie did he tell? Troy played with MULTIPLE HOFers on both sides of the ball at the same time. That is an undeniable fact. Has Dak been playing alongside multiple HOFers on both sides of the ball at the same time?
You’re young so ima excuse your ignorance and give you a pity like

Batman has no excuse though. Hes in his 60s so he should know how good Troy was. But then again, he may just be one of those new ”Dak Prescott” fans that started following the team in 2016..

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Let's go back to this past weekend for a moment - would you be willing to bet your house that even if Dallas had Mahomes they were still going to lose to the Iggles? You would be wise to pass on that bet.

You're right in that it takes a team, but replace the average QB who can't finish games with a Mahomes type QB and the chances of a win increase by a ton.
Josh Dobbs wins that game. I know that is a little out there but what he did with only a couple days practice with the Vikings was impressive & he makes plays with both his arm & legs as we saw when he took us about behind the woodshed.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You arent proclaimed a hall of famer until well after you are done....thats what "lol".
Maybe you meant something else...
Like "is dak playing with future famers?"

Lol.
Yall love to play semantics when you can’t actually debate against the point that was made

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yall love to play semantics when you can’t actually debate against the point that was made
Maybe you can't make your point in a clear mature manner.

So...moving forward...are you saying no one from 2016 through the end of Dak's career will be HoFers?

Also..I do not trust anyone who uses "yall" on a forum. If you mean me..than say "you". If you mean others...say "others". If you mean both than say it.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Maybe you can't make your point in a clear mature manner.

So...moving forward...are you saying no one from 2016 through the end of Dak's career will be HoFers?

Also..I do not trust anyone who uses "yall" on a forum. If you mean me..than say "you". If you mean others...say "others". If you mean both than say it.
You can keep your semantics up, but my point remains. No Dak has not played with as many HOFers as Troy did by the 8th year of Troy’s career. And as soon as Troy was not surrounded by HOFers his play took a nose dive and he was terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.