CZ POLL Are You Happy With Dak Prescott As The Quarterback of The Dallas Cowboys?

Are you happy with Dak Prescott as the quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
I didn't side step anything. I just gave you the reality of the situation. You are the one avoiding the truth here. If the cap is not something to ever worry about then desired free agents would never be lost from teams that did not want to lose them to free agency.
half the teams in the nfl are dealing with same issue. what about that do you not understand?

dak isnt a one off situation...quite a few teams are dealing with similar situation. if the situation was unique your stance holds water...but the cowboys and dak are not a one of situation.

keep playing dumb. you got me.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
It's not stupid. The fans were right about Danny White, just like they were right about Romo. Those dudes could not get it done, and it was obvious.

If the goal is to win a SB then you are going to need a guy who can get it done, or pray that you win lottery one season with a buss driver.
Danny White had nothing to do with that '81 team's Achilles heel, which was stopping the run. That defense masked that problem via getting a lot of takeaways. That drive that SF had resulting in the so-called "catch" was a drive where they had run it down the Cowboy D's throat to get close to the goal, and then Montana and Clark were able to make that play. But none of this had anything to do with Danny White. He did not play on defense. Then, on the following drive, he hit Drew Pearson over the middle, and he would have scored if Eric Wright hadn't made an excellent tackle. They were 10 yards from field goal range, and had the best kicker in the league. Then, on the next play, White was hit as he threw an incomplete pass. Unfortunately, the boneheaded refs incorrectly rule that incomplete pass a fumble, and that sealed SF's win. The refs also missed a blatant pass interference on Doug Cosbie in the endzone on third down that prevented a TD. We settled for a field goal, thus being robbed 4 points because it should have been a fresh set of downs on the 1.
So, yes, blaming that loss on Danny White is ridiculous. He was robbed. The defense gave up the winning score, not White.

Little Jr

Reaction score
Or a 4th, which says ranking a QB means nothing. The ability to win is what matters. If there's something in their game that makes him outstanding in-season, but comes up short in play-offs. Dak is a top 10 QB but his apparent failure when pressures on means we won't win......if that's the case then giving him more CAP% doesnt fix the problem.
Or....

5. People who count wins as a qb stat falls under 3.

kskboys

Reaction score
I didn't side step anything. I just gave you the reality of the situation. You are the one avoiding the truth here. If the cap is not something to ever worry about then desired free agents would never be lost from teams that did not want to lose them to free agency.
How in the world are fans so blind to the salary cap and it's implications? Players moves happen all the time due to this. Mahomes has no receivers due to the cap. I mean, it's just so blatantly obvious that the salary cap has a huge effect, how can anyone miss it?

kskboys

Reaction score
Dak is a top 10 QB and has been for a few years now. Ill debate where he belongs in the top 10, but I will not debate if he is a top 10 QB, There are 3 reasons people will say he is not a top 10 QB.

1. They hate the Cowboys and/or Dak for what ever reason. Doesnt matter the reason, their narrative wont change.

2. They are trolls. I dont mess with trolls.

3. The most common one, they're dip%#@ts. LIke trolls, I dont mess with dip%#@ts.
4. There are 10 QB's that person perceives as better.

No reason to throw childish insults just because someone doesn't agree w/ your take.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So, yes, blaming that loss on Danny White is ridiculous. He was robbed. The defense gave up the winning score, not White.
White had a chance to win the game. He didn't. No matter how poorly the defense place there was a chance for the Cowboys to still win the game. The defense gave up a score to put SF in the lead. It turned out to be the winning score because White couldn't close the game out.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
White had a chance to win the game. He didn't. No matter how poorly the defense place there was a chance for the Cowboys to still win the game. The defense gave up a score to put SF in the lead. It turned out to be the winning score because White couldn't close the game out.
White was on his way to closing the game out when he got robbed by a bad ref call. In the footage, you can clearly see his arm moving forward in control of the ball, and when he was hit, the ball went forward because White had thrown it. The radio broadcasters I was listening to were screaming that that was a forward pass, not a fumble, and they were right. I later watched the TV broadcast of the game and verified that they were right. It's not White's fault that the refs were too stupid that day to tell the difference between an incomplete pass and a fumble. Dallas should have maintained possession, with White having another chance to gain those ten yards that they needed.
And, even if it weren't for that, the Cowboys got robbed. The interference on Eric Wright in the endzone that prevented Cosbie from scoring a TD was blatant. Wright was there well before the ball. It should have been a new set of downs, but we had to settle for a field goal. It's not White's fault that the ref's seeing eye dog failed to alert him about that pass interference.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
There are a few who do seem to come here just to stir the pot, but I don't think there are many of them...and there would be fewer of there weren't so many more people willing to feed them.
Its because we're winning. They scatter.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
My eye test would agree that Dak does seem to have greater confidence to throw into traffic. Ive no idea what happens with a two high defense that takes away the middle, hopefully these games against lesser defenses has given him the confidence to continue this over the remainder of the season.
False, Seattle is very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.