CZ POLL Are You Happy With Dak Prescott As The Quarterback of The Dallas Cowboys?

Are you happy with Dak Prescott as the quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

kskboys

Reaction score
Its a team game. Not just Dak Prescott.

I think our problems up until this year sit more on the coaching side than on the Dak Prescott side.

The team needs to carry Dak too. Even the less talented ones that dont get paid because of Dak's contract. Even then...there are quite a few highly paid players on the team that need to carry Dak too.

Its not that hard of a concept grasp.
And the more you pay Dak, the less funds you have for players to help him.

Your last sentence is a riot for one who isn't grasping much of anything here.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
And the more you pay Dak, the less funds you have for players to help him.

Your last sentence is a riot for one who isn't grasping much of anything here.
Every team with a non-rookie contract GOOD Qb has the same problem Dallas does.

Dak doesnt play all 3 phases of the game, coach and pick the groceries.

Dance around it all you want. The team should carry Dak too.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Its a team game where the QB is the only player (ok Center) that influences every offensive play. Because of this there are instances where he needs to carry the team (regardless of what's happening around him).

There's still this factor that he (we) bully lesser teams/defenses but fall short, time after time against play-off teams. It comes down to WIN or BLAME, and whilst everyone should take some responsibility, at the end of the day, Dak has more influence (and money) than anyone else.

My point on the QB is that IF we cant go deep into the play-offs (or Dak can play to the highest level in these games) the alternative may be to introduce a lesser QB and play him behind a decent O-Line and Receiver Corp. Rookie QB's tend to fail when placed in poor sides (eg Dak - 2016).
You want Dak to be a miracle worker. He has to not have one incompletion and be able to bring the team from a 14 point deficit in the 4th quarter of a Playoff game to be considered worth something.

No GM in the League would get rid of Dak if he plays mediocre and we lose a playoff game against a good team. You can play Howie Rossman(sp) all you want...but I think he got lucky and is still getting lucky with Hurts. Hurts is winning and making Howie look good. Howie is the contract hating, coach-GM super hero these days because he canned his QB and got lucky with Hurts. I just dont think many GM's would replicate the quick success Howie has...thus QB market is inflated. I forget the other GM that canned their QB recently.

Dallas wont can Dak...but maybe if they have had enough of no deep playoff runs they offer a price that they think is fair for his league history and dont budge. If Dak doesnt take the offer its on Dak.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
You want Dak to be a miracle worker. He has to not have one incompletion and be able to bring the team from a 14 point deficit in the 4th quarter of a Playoff game to be considered worth something.

No GM in the League would get rid of Dak if he plays mediocre and we lose a playoff game against a good team. You can play Howie Rossman(sp) all you want...but I think he got lucky and is still getting lucky with Hurts. Hurts is winning and making Howie look good. Howie is the contract hating, coach-GM super hero these days because he canned his QB and got lucky with Hurts. I just dont think many GM's would replicate the quick success Howie has...thus QB market is inflated. I forget the other GM that canned their QB recently.

Dallas wont can Dak...but maybe if they have had enough of no deep playoff runs they offer a price that they think is fair for his league history and dont budge. If Dak doesnt take the offer its on Dak.
No, I'm not asking Dak to be a miracle worker, however, due to the very nature of playing better teams in the play-offs he's going to face that very last minute drive which repeatedly becomes his Waterloo.
Now it may be co-incidence or he's unlucky, but to win he'll be expected to step up and overcome those difficulties, it's that or lose. Paying the same QB more CAP resource doesn't help and in some ways it's not a criticism of Daks play nor dismissing him as a player he is in the top 10....the issue is whether he has that killer winning instinct.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
No, I'm not asking Dak to be a miracle worker, however, due to the very nature of playing better teams in the play-offs he's going to face that very last minute drive which repeatedly becomes his Waterloo.
Now it may be co-incidence or he's unlucky, but to win he'll be expected to step up and overcome those difficulties, it's that or lose. Paying the same QB more CAP resource doesn't help and in some ways it's not a criticism of Daks play nor dismissing him as a player he is in the top 10....the issue is whether he has that killer winning instinct.
Im so sick of hearing about killer instinct. Just another subjective criteria that is used to open the floodgates of negativity.

He either plays bad, mediocre or good.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Im so sick of hearing about killer instinct. Just another subjective criteria that is used to open the floodgates of negativity.

He either plays bad, mediocre or good.
I don't care how he plays, I want wins.
You hear about killer instinct because the two 9ers play-off defeats and Eagles game featured that very ending....indeed it was even more prominent in the Eagles defeat as he played well until it got to the TD needing last drive.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
I don't care how he plays, I want wins.
You hear about killer instinct because the two 9ers play-off defeats and Eagles game featured that very ending....indeed it was even more prominent in the Eagles defeat as he played well until it got to the TD needing last drive.
Its a team game. Dak doesnt play all positions in all 3 phases. The team needs to carry Dak too.

Cant get wins without others balling too.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Its a team game. Dak doesnt play all positions in all 3 phases. The team needs to carry Dak too.

Cant get wins without others balling too.
The team can't carry Dak if too much cap space is locked into Dak and they can't afford enough players to carry Dak.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
The team can't carry Dak if too much cap space is locked into Dak and they can't afford enough players to carry Dak.
A lot of NFL teams have the same issue...their QB takes up a large portion of cap.

If Dallas was the only team that did it...your argument would hold water. But thats not the case.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
How are people voting "no" right now? Dak has been playing lights out for several weeks!! smdh
After the '81 season, there were people screaming to get rid of Danny White. He just wasn't successful enough. All he did was lead the team to a 12 and 4 record and went all the way to the NFC Championship, losing by only 1 point. There are always some portion of fans who want the quarterback's head if he accomplishes anything less than a Lombardi trophy. Yes, it's stupid, but that's the way that it is.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Dak's ball placement has become lethal. Even his Receivers are at times unable to handle his accuracy in traffic.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Dak's ball placement has become lethal. Even his Receivers are at times unable to handle his accuracy in traffic.
My eye test would agree that Dak does seem to have greater confidence to throw into traffic. Ive no idea what happens with a two high defense that takes away the middle, hopefully these games against lesser defenses has given him the confidence to continue this over the remainder of the season.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
My eye test would agree that Dak does seem to have greater confidence to throw into traffic. Ive no idea what happens with a two high defense that takes away the middle, hopefully these games against lesser defenses has given him the confidence to continue this over the remainder of the season.
The Seahawks have arguably one the best secondaries in the league.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
A lot of NFL teams have the same issue...their QB takes up a large portion of cap.

If Dallas was the only team that did it...your argument would hold water. But thats not the case.
If my argument held no water then teams would never lose free agents that they did not want to.

"But thats not the case".

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
After the '81 season, there were people screaming to get rid of Danny White. He just wasn't successful enough. All he did was lead the team to a 12 and 4 record and went all the way to the NFC Championship, losing by only 1 point. There are always some portion of fans who want the quarterback's head if he accomplishes anything less than a Lombardi trophy. Yes, it's stupid, but that's the way that it is.
It's not stupid. The fans were right about Danny White, just like they were right about Romo. Those dudes could not get it done, and it was obvious.

If the goal is to win a SB then you are going to need a guy who can get it done, or pray that you win lottery one season with a buss driver.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Side stepper.
I didn't side step anything. I just gave you the reality of the situation. You are the one avoiding the truth here. If the cap is not something to ever worry about then desired free agents would never be lost from teams that did not want to lose them to free agency.

Status
Not open for further replies.