CZ POLL Are you happy with Mike McCarthy as head coach of the Cowboys?

Are you happy with Mike McCarthy as head coach of the Cowboys?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
And you’re sure that is how it’s been decided?
No not 100%- but the Moore retention was weird in that most coaches would want to have "their guy" in as OC especially a coach like McCarthy that has a long history of coaching in the NFL.

Moore had 0 experience with him and almost no coaching history, so that was very fishy. We knew that Nolan was McCarthy's guy then the "seattle connection" became available with Quinn and Jerry sure did love the Seattle defense they desperately tried to imitate before McCarthy.

Quinn was a no-brainer as he normally had a version of those old Seattle defenses, but he completely flipped the script and came up with a mix of things that worked for what the current talent, especially Parsons were.

So was it Jerry? I would guess that as easy going as McCarthy was he cheerleaded the Jerry ideas for hiring staff as other coaches before had in the past.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This is another poll to get a current idea of fan satisfaction with the team at the current point in the season.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out after the season.

As always, I do not provide easy-way-out options in my polls. If you are unable or unwilling to vote, that is fine, but the ones who do vote will speak for you.

winning cures most everything

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No not 100%- but the Moore retention was weird in that most coaches would want to have "their guy" in as OC especially a coach like McCarthy that has a long history of coaching in the NFL.

Moore had 0 experience with him and almost no coaching history, so that was very fishy. We knew that Nolan was McCarthy's guy then the "seattle connection" became available with Quinn and Jerry sure did love the Seattle defense they desperately tried to imitate before McCarthy.

Quinn was a no-brainer as he normally had a version of those old Seattle defenses, but he completely flipped the script and came up with a mix of things that worked for what the current talent, especially Parsons were.

So was it Jerry? I would guess that as easy going as McCarthy was he cheerleaded the Jerry ideas for hiring staff as other coaches before had in the past.

Its a whole lot of assumption there. And I understand it. I’ve tried to research the how and why of Quinn in particular and I’ve been unable to find out who specifically brought Quinn in. But I do know who most of the other assistants doing a good job came with.

As for Moore? He was doing well before McCarthy arrived and I give the coach credit for sticking with what was already working, who be damned.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
and here we are, about to have a season end just like when JG was at the helm... but some of you insist we are so much better now than we were in any of JG years. How we looking right now?

I didnt like the hire last year, I didnt like him as we were winning 6 in a row, and I dont like him now.

Status
Not open for further replies.