CZ POLL Are you happy with Mike McCarthy as head coach of the Cowboys?

Are you happy with Mike McCarthy as head coach of the Cowboys?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Big Mike may not be the most practical guy when it comes to handling the clock, even though his results speak for themselves. Let's not be unduly skeptical of a coach who is far more effective than he's given credit for. If you don't appreciate the results, you're not a Cowboys' fan.

Last edited:

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score
tumblr_msn7nca7PM1qkgh4go3_250.gif

plymkr

Reaction score
I was a hard "no" until the Patriots game. Then I was won over by Big Mike and the culture change that has happened. I can take some bone headed clock management or iffy game day decisions if the overall culture has changed. It seems to me the overall loser culture has changed to a team first culture. I.e. Jaylon Smith to Micah Parsons. Jaylon was pre Big Mike culture and Micah is the new face of the Cowboys.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Those are the kind of fans who don’t interest me looking for scapegoats.

If we finally have good coaching then that’s not what is going to hold us back.

Head coaches always get the blame if things don’t go well. This may be the best Cowboys team they’ll have in a while we don’t know. They haven’t had many teams the past 26 years that had 11 wins. This is a frustrated fan base and they’re going to vent if things don’t go well in the playoffs. It’s inevitable.

Techsass

Reaction score
I voted yes but I'm a homer
Quit bragging.

I was meh on the hire at the time, but I really like the change I've seen since he's been here.

The whole culture seems different. The team doesn't fold when we're missing a key player. Jerry is still on the radio, but he seems to be very aware that Mike is the coach & he is the owner.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Head coaches always get the blame if things don’t go well. This may be the best Cowboys team they’ll have in a while we don’t know. They haven’t had many teams the past 26 years that had 11 wins. This is a frustrated fan base and they’re going to vent if things don’t go well in the playoffs. It’s inevitable.
And like I said I probably won’t hold much value in those fans thoughts.

We’ve had several teams this era with 11 wins. 2007, 2009, 2014, 2016, 2018 and now 2021.

plasticman

Reaction score
Some Sundays I'm happy with him, other Sundays I'm not.

It seems to coincide with the outcome of the game

So far, I've been happy with Mike 11 times, rather unhappy with him 4 times.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
And like I said I probably won’t hold much value in those fans thoughts.

We’ve had several teams this era with 11 wins. 2007, 2009, 2014, 2016, 2018 and now 2021.

You’ve only come up with 6 teams in the past 20 years that had 11 or more wins and only 3 of those teams came away with a playoff win. This is why the Cowboys don’t have a very forgiving fan base. We’ll see how this team does in the playoffs.

Last edited:

TheCritic

Reaction score
Some Sundays I'm happy with him, other Sundays I'm not.

It seems to coincide with the outcome of the game

So far, I've been happy with Mike 11 times, rather unhappy with him 4 times.
At least that's honest. He's Big Mike when they win, McFatty when they don't, right?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You’ve only come up with 6 teams in the past 20 years that had 11 or more wins and only 2 of those teams came away with a playoff win. This is why the Cowboys don’t have a very forgiving fan base. We’ll see how this team does in the playoffs.
Sure they have come up short but it’s not like they haven’t had several opportunities . 6 in last 20 years is almost 30% of seasons with 11 wins or more.

Last edited:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Sure they have come up short but it’s not like they haven’t had several opportunities . 6 in last 20 years is almost 30% of seasons with 11 wins or more.

The Cowboys have had only 7 playoff appearances the past 20 years. You’re satisfied with that? With all the talent the Cowboys have had the past two decades that’s not acceptable.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The Cowboys have had only 7 playoff appearances the past 20 years. You’re satisfied with that?
No, that’s not my argument.

You said we haven’t had very many 11 win seasons. 6 in last 15 years is 40%. I’d argue that’s more than “ not many” as you stated.

And all 6 we were 1 win or game from making championship appearance.

My argument is it hadn’t all been about our coaching which you’re saying these fans will argue it’s about if we come up short.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

You said we haven’t had very many 11 win seasons. 6 in last 15 years is 40%. I’d argue that’s more than “ not many” as you stated.

My argument is it hadn’t all been about our coaching which you’re saying these fans will argue it’s about if we come up short.

I only brought up the 11 win teams to point out that the Cowboys haven’t had many real good teams the past 26 years which is why the fan base is so frustrating. This is one of the best teams the Cowboys have had in years and they need to take it advantage of it. If they don’t it’s going to lead to more frustration. The fans always argue about the coaching when we come up short.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I only brought up the 11 win teams to point out that the Cowboys haven’t had many real good teams the past 26 years which is why the fan base is so frustrating. This is one of the best teams the Cowboys have had in years and they need to take it advantage of it. If they don’t it’s going to lead to more frustration.
I understand but placing 26 years of frustration on 1 years success because we’re frustrated fan base isn’t what I’d call reasonable and why I’m saying I won’t hold much value in these type of fans assessment if they hold our HC totally responsible as you were saying they will.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score

People are going to argue no matter what happens this season it is what people do.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I understand but placing 26 years of frustration on 1 years success because we’re frustrated fan base isn’t what I’d call reasonable and why I’m saying I won’t hold much value in these type of fans assessment if they hold our HC totally responsible as you were saying they will.

You sound much more forgiving than most.

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
Every coach in the last 30 years with the exception of Jimmy and Parcells is just a Jerry proxy yes man.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You sound much more forgiving than most.
I’m just a realist. While this team looks promising . We’ve had others promising as well.

Problem is in most cases we have run into teams who were better or had better performances on the bigger stages.

And that’s what most likely will end our season earlier in playoffs than we’d like. Not coaching.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.