CZ POLL Are you happy with Mike McCarthy as head coach of the Cowboys?

Are you happy with Mike McCarthy as head coach of the Cowboys?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Am I happy with Mike McCarthy as head coach?!?!?

https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQP55VP80pynAWL-9bwROTZxcuWOW-Q5xUy6w&usqp=CAU

stilltheguru

Reaction score
If the alternative is Garrett hell yes. Straight up question? I'm on the fence.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tough question. So far so good this year. But we know the bar with this franchise is success in the playoffs.

I'm guessing this same poll won't be as favorable for McC a month from now unless the Cowboys make it to the NFC Championship game at a minimum.

I will say this. It is looking more and more like the Cowboys have a good chance at taking this thing all the way this year. He brings home another Lombardi he is instantly elevated behind Tom and Jimmy at #3 HC all time of the Cowboys.

Reaction score
Since "The Collective" makes all the personnel and coordinator decisions we're left to grade McCarthy's game day decisions as well as his "QB whisperer" and offensive contributions,,,, at this point I'll be generous and give him an "Incomplete". Ask me again in a month when we're sure the offense is fixed and the QB rises to the occasion when the chips are down.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
At this moment I see 5 no votes.

Come fight me in my front yard.

Lol...

If you are a really big guy... I will just hand you a beer and a chair on the driveway.
Lol.

Since the pollster specifically said he didnt give us many options, thats why I voted no.

Im happy with the team, but if we dont win a SB this year, watch how the results of this poll flip upside down. Mike isnt here to go 11-4. He is here to win a SB. Weve been here before. We had a number 1 seed in 2007, and what, 2 seed in 16 and a 3 way tie for first in 2014 that put us at 3 seed. All great regular seasons, and none were good enough for this fan bas when it came to the previous coaches... so Mike gets the same grading criteria as the others. No SB win, then no, he can go away.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Yes. He doesn’t have a whole lot of weaknesses as a head coach, and he doesn’t need pro bowl talent at every position to win games.

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I miss the Campo days...

Sike!
Yep, one of the all time greats

OIP.611hUXF12ATptX_I9erNbAHaHO

Mr_437

Reaction score
Bro need a cold, lukewarm or hot selection. I'm like most others, I'm in-between. Honestly, DQ is the Coach I give credit too, but I'm a defense first kind of dude. Not to say MM has done nothing, but DQ has done the heavy lifting.

Nav22

Reaction score
Hated the hire at the time, but I’m a believer now.

He’s a blue collar football guy with a ton of experience and a Super Bowl ring.

He’s surrounded himself with the right assistants and they’re paying dividends (see what Trevon Diggs just said about Al Harris, a former McCarthy player, for example).

Finally, he treats the players well and doesn’t come off as a phony politician the way Garrett did. He self-reflected during his time out of football and knew he needed to be better and adapt. How can you not respect that?

Oh, and 11-4.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
How can anyone be mad at 11-4 and a division title? He has been awesome this year, and he has team peaking after winning 4 in a row (three on the road!!) in Dec.

This team is as prepared as they can be for a playoff run. They are healthy. They are hungry. They are hitting on all cylinders at the perfect time.

The players may come out and crap the bed— but it won’t be because of this coaching staff. They have all had success in the playoffs.

Mike has let his coaches coach and his players play and has been a steady, calm presence for this team. Great job on the regular season… hoping he can be the HC to exorcise Rodgers from haunting this franchise

Status
Not open for further replies.