CZ POLL Are you happy with Mike McCarthy as head coach of the Cowboys?

Are you happy with Mike McCarthy as head coach of the Cowboys?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xeven

Reaction score
What is not to like? Great season, headed to playoffs. Picked the best baller ever in the draft. He put something great together in just two years. No complaints here.

perrykemp

Reaction score
MM wasn’t good at the end in Green Bay, Lafleur taking over and going to 2 straight NFC Championship games and becoming the winningest coach in NFL history (first 3 years) validates that.

MM didn’t change with the times and I think he got a bit lazy relying on Arod. At the end Arod turned on him and it was goodnight for MM.

Credit to MM that, like Andy Reid, he took a hard look at himself after being fired, and has turned it around with the Cowboys.

I like a good comeback story. I like MM.

TheCritic

Reaction score
Sad this is even a topic for a 11-4 team. Even sadder that this "hatred" for McCarthy largely stems from a shallow prejudice against fat people. But there is a benefit. McCarthy knows he has to win to keep his job because society is utterly cruel and intolerant towards fatties.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm convinced if it wasn't for Quinn we'd be watching the playoffs

GINeric

Reaction score
Its always hilarious when people try to downplay McCarthy as a head coach. When he got hired to coach Dallas, there were outside fans saying he only won a Superbowl because of Aaron Rodgers....

I then ask how many Superbowls did Rodgers win without McCarthy????

(crickets)

Batman1980

Reaction score
Its always hilarious when people try to downplay McCarthy as a head coach. When he got hired to coach Dallas, there were outside fans saying he only won a Superbowl because of Aaron Rodgers....

I then ask how many Superbowls did Rodgers win without McCarthy????

(crickets)

The same number as Belichick has won without Tuna and Tampa Tom.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Tough question. So far so good this year. But we know the bar with this franchise is success in the playoffs.

I'm guessing this same poll won't be as favorable for McC a month from now unless the Cowboys make it to the NFC Championship game at a minimum.

I will say this. It is looking more and more like the Cowboys have a good chance at taking this thing all the way this year. He brings home another Lombardi he is instantly elevated behind Tom and Jimmy at #3 HC all time of the Cowboys.

I'm cautiously optimistic about him. I can't say he has to make the NFC Championship Game to make me OK with this season. I do think if we don't get a playoff win and aren't competitive in the second playoff game, it wasn't a successful season and I'll be OK with moving on.

We had 10 years of Garrett, and part of the reason he held on to the job was because he would tease the front office with an occasional playoff appearance. Just making the playoffs would not put me at ease about McCarthy since even Garrett could do that. McCarthy's resume makes me believe he can do more than that, but we've got to see it.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I knew some fans were going to love McCarthy regardless if he took us further than we’ve been this era.

We finally have a HC fans will be satisfied not winning a championship with.

Batman1980

Reaction score
I knew fans were going to love McCarthy regardless if he took us further than we’ve been this era.

We finally have a HC fans will be satisfied not winning a championship with.

That's not true. I consider Big Mike to be more of a head coach than Garrett was and therefore I expect more from him.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
That's not true. I consider Big Mike to be more of a head coach than Garrett was and therefore I expect more from him.
He is more of a HC than Garrett was. And he’s won a championship before. That alone makes him more popular despite the results.

I’m telling ya , some fans aren’t going to be as disappointed when we come up short with him.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Everyone is thrilled with him right now but had a poll been taken after the Raiders game the results wouldn’t have been near as favorable. There were fans calling for his head after the Denver loss. Pretty much everyone was on the chopping block after that game. lol

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/fire-mike-mccarthy.487465/

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Everyone is thrilled with him right now but had a poll been taken after the Raiders game the results wouldn’t have been near as favorable. There were fans calling for his head after the Denver loss. Pretty much everyone was on the chopping block after that game. lol

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/fire-mike-mccarthy.487465/
We’re Super Bowl bound after Wash game. I read it here. Can we buy gear yet? Lol

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
We’re Super Bowl bound after Wash game. I read it here. Can we buy gear yet? Lol

Putting 56 on Washington has many believing we’re Super Bowl bound. We’ll see how many are still on board after tomorrow or the week after that. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.