CZ POLL Are you happy with Mike McCarthy as head coach of the Cowboys?

Are you happy with Mike McCarthy as head coach of the Cowboys?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Now that the regular season is over and before the playoffs begin, I thought it would be to get everyone's thoughts on whether or not you are happy with Mike McCarthy as head coach.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
because its like asking if you liked a restaurant after you were served your appetizers. Season needs to end before I can answer this honestly.
Once you make the playoffs it’s a crap shoot. Every team is capable of winning (obviously some have better chances than others). It’s hard to complain at this point but I’m sure many will.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
I been hard on McCarthy but if you told me back in August that we'd be 12-5 at end of season I would of taken it. Right were I thought they'd be 12-5 to 11-6. I also thought from day one that Dallas was a year away from a Super Bowl. Hope I'm wrong here. Defense is going to be the key as well as the offense at least doing their part. So I guess that'll be a "yes" from me. P.S. as of today. Playoff Mike McCarthy?? Another poll please.
GO COWBOYS!!!:hammer:

Last edited:

Big_D

Reaction score
Yup. Great job! Year 2. 12-5 in his first 17 game season! And a home playoff game. And a roster shaping up to be better than it has in a long time. That window is finally opening and this team can be ‘consistently’ good for a while!

ArtClink

Reaction score
He has had some success as another head coach with very limited power. He seems to have impacted the culture a bit (Jerry and his actions ARE our culture and a hc can only have a minor impact on culture where Jerry decides everything from our home game hot dog vendor to who is in the starting lineup (Pollard vs Zeke for example). McCarthy is simply keeping the seat warm for Kellen Moore, just wait.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
because its like asking if you liked a restaurant after you were served your appetizers. Season needs to end before I can answer this honestly.
I like the analogy. It was all for nothing if we go one and out. Ask this question on the morning of Feb 14th and I'll vote.

Ozone22

Reaction score
I am happy with MM being the head coach so far. Now if he worked on his time management skills I would be overjoyed.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
Honestly, right now, not really. I don't see what he personally brings to this team. I haven't seen anything on the field that makes me think his coaching is impressive.

I'd obviously much rather have him than Garrett, but that's pretty faint praise.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
You could hire the reincarnation of Tom Landry and people would still vote no in here
Typically people like to be able to directly notice what the HC brings to the team. The D is on Quinn. The offense, whatever you think about it, is on Moore. So what exactly does McCarthy, specifically, bring to this team other than poor clock management?

Last edited:

strollinruss

Reaction score
I’m happy with him. I was happy with JG too, oops did I say that out loud? I think that Mike is actually a little better with the media and a better people person

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
Typically people like to be able to directly notice what the HC brings to the team. The D is on Quinn. The offense, whatever you think about it, is on Moore. So what exactly does McCarthy, specifically, bring to this team other than poor clock management?
Downplaying the HC’s role in a teams success or failure is extremely flawed logic. This team easily won the NFCE with a 12-5 record and MM deserves the same credit that any other HC in the league would get.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
Downplaying the HC’s role in a teams success or failure is extremely flawed logic. This team easily won the NFCE with a 12-5 record and MM deserves the same credit that any other HC in the league would get.
Again, I'm happy to be educated... What does he, specifically, bring to this team? If you can't answer that beyond the team having a good record, then it's not a ringing endorsement.

Obviously he deserves credit but, IYO, what specifically do you feel he brings?

Status
Not open for further replies.