CZ POLL Are you happy with Mike McCarthy as head coach of the Cowboys?

Are you happy with Mike McCarthy as head coach of the Cowboys?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

blueblood70

Reaction score
yes and just look at Brandon Staley anther hot young coach who loves analytics and being the new age face of the nfl for his aggressive paly calls. He himself, his decisions, lost them 3 games this year and they missed the playoffs because of their HC. he went for far too many 4th downs, far too many 2-point conversions and going for it the win vs tie to go ot , i mean the guy was all that MM was last year that you all said was crazy calls and was over the top,

thats one example.. also an example of a Young QB who played very well that couldn't overcome his coach..lol speaking of which all those that wanted Herbert over dak as far as debates in rankings go if he was so great, he missed the playoffs now , so if he was so much better then dak he didn't beat dak H2h and now after great start they failed to get to the playoffs.

blueblood70

Reaction score
When he was hired I said he would not have been my 1st choice but I felt he was a very good HC. I think he has done a very good job this season helping turn things back around despite the season last year were injuries were just too much to overcome.
MM entered the season on the hot seat, I think that seat is no longer hot.
looking back that year all new coaching hires, MM has shown to be the best.

show me one better? so many wanted Rhule, some Rivera, a clamoring for Meyer and others.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
looking back that year all new coaching hires, MM has shown to be the best.

show me one better? so many wanted Rhule, some Rivera, a clamoring for Meyer and others.

Thing is do players buy into the HC? I don't think Rhule or Rivera are bad coaches and had they been hired I don't know how they would have faired with this group of men. What we do know is MM was hired and has helped get this team moving in the right direction. I would also add he has to also bring consistency to this team. Garrett for instance was always 1 step forward to 2 steps back, playoffs one season and out of the playoffs the following season. What I need to see from MM is this team being able to string successful season 1 after another. We will not know that until later on

blueblood70

Reaction score
Thing is do players buy into the HC? I don't think Rhule or Rivera are bad coaches and had they been hired I don't know how they would have faired with this group of men. What we do know is MM was hired and has helped get this team moving in the right direction. I would also add he has to also bring consistency to this team. Garrett for instance was always 1 step forward to 2 steps back, playoffs one season and out of the playoffs the following season. What I need to see from MM is this team being able to string successful season 1 after another. We will not know that until later on

all we have is the now to debate and MM at this points the best of them right now.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
He was not who I wanted when Big Mike was hired, but the team is in the playoffs in his second year.

We will see how the next couple of weeks goes, he will earn his money during the playoffs.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Honestly, right now, not really. I don't see what he personally brings to this team. I haven't seen anything on the field that makes me think his coaching is impressive.

I'd obviously much rather have him than Garrett, but that's pretty faint praise.
Exactly, he is game mgr, but what else does he do>? I dont know, but it seems like not much.

I also dont get why the HC always gets all the credit. There is OC * DC ST our glorious GM and others who all play a part in shaping the team and
winning games.
like bruce arrians, is a meh HC, who doesnt bring much to the table, and if anything hurts the team, yet they won the SB last year.
Was that due to arians being a great HC, or to brady, the oc and dc , and most of the players?

Motorola

Reaction score
Yup. Great job! Year 2. 12-5 in his first 17 game season! And a home playoff game. And a roster shaping up to be better than it has in a long time. That window is finally opening and this team can be ‘consistently’ good for a while!
Yeah Big_D....I want the Cowboys to get on a postseason roll as the Chiefs and Packers are doing.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Can we answer this question AFTER this weekends' game? I say Incomplete for now.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Let's admit something from the start here...when a team gets to the playoffs, so much of outcomes depend right upon match ups.

Not a lame coach, not Jerry or an ego, but all going into the match ups for that particular game. Griping at 'stupid' fans all non-stop, doesn't change this aspect or a general level of respect any team deserves for reaching those playoffs!

CordovaRaider

Reaction score
The two teams playing tonight could have won the NFC East this year (I’m being somewhat sarcastic)…

He beat two (yes just two) playoff teams and one was the sorry Eagles…you could also state his win against the Pats that their rookie QB was still trying to learn how to get to the field.

12-5 is about as poorly as you could do given the easy schedule.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Exactly, he is game mgr, but what else does he do>? I dont know, but it seems like not much.

I also dont get why the HC always gets all the credit. There is OC * DC ST our glorious GM and others who all play a part in shaping the team and
winning games.
like bruce arrians, is a meh HC, who doesnt bring much to the table, and if anything hurts the team, yet they won the SB last year.
Was that due to arians being a great HC, or to brady, the oc and dc , and most of the players?

HC oversees it all, he is actively involved with the game plans and the production of the team in all phases of the game.

Mark

Reaction score
At this point, how can one not be at least marginally "happy," with a way-better-than-average regular season, and decent playoff seeding as a result. Unless, of course, you think MM's blunders have kept us from being 17-0 (beating all opponents 48-0 along the way), and a lead-pipe lock to bring home the Lombardi Trophy.

(I hereby reserve the right to change my answer based on HC performance in the playoffs.) ;-)

Flamma

Reaction score
I can't answer this question because I'm neither happy nor unhappy with him. That's the truth.

Flamma

Reaction score
I’m happy with him. I was happy with JG too, oops did I say that out loud? I think that Mike is actually a little better with the media and a better people person

I wasn't happy with JG in 2011. I thought he was going to be just an interim head coach for 2010. Jerry got lazy.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
HC oversees it all, he is actively involved with the game plans and the production of the team in all phases of the game.
Well unless you could follow him around all day for a week you dont really know what all he does. Neither do I.
It could be that kellen does the O game plan by himself, and DQ does the D game plan

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Yes. Much better than Garett. Took him just 2 seasons to make the playoffs and would have easily made it last year if Dak did not go down. I know comparing him to Garrett is setting a very low bar but whatever. Mike is a much better coach than Garrett in every facet.

Comparing Big Mike to Clappy is setting a pretty dam low bar, LOL

It took Clappy almost 4 years to make the playoffs (half a season as interim followed by three 8-8s)

Big Mike drops 12 in his second season.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I wasn't happy with JG in 2011. I thought he was going to be just an interim head coach for 2010. Jerry got lazy.

I hear Clappy might be interviewing with D-3 Western Omaha as a motivational assistant for 2022. He has clapping down to a fine art, that will really fire the kids up before their games:lmao2:

Status
Not open for further replies.