CZ POLL Are you happy with Mike McCarthy as head coach of the Cowboys?

Are you happy with Mike McCarthy as head coach of the Cowboys?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Need a "not sure" category.
Making the playoffs with this talent, playing in the NFC East, heck, Scooby-Doo could do that.
I want to see what he can do in the playoffs. Get us to the NFC Championship, and I'll say "yes."
Anything short of that, "no."

Silverstar

Reaction score
So far MM hasn't coached the Cowboys any farther than our last 5 HC's...Garrett, Phillips, Parcells etc.

Let's see what happens in the postseason. It's too early for this poll.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The players talk about it all the time. I have a question for you then. What did Jimmy Johnson bring to the Cowboys? He wasn't the offensive or defensive coordinator so what did he bring exactly? And whatever your answer is is what MM brings to the Cowboys.
While I am on your side, JJ was involved in the practices, actively teaching technique to the players, and directing the coaches on what he wanted to accomplish. Maybe MM does some of that, but I doubt very much that he runs with the players or gets involved in any physical activity at all.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
what do you think the results of this poll would have been if it was asked after the Cards game? Certainly not 80% happy with Mike.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
the guy is not one of the better 'in-game' coaches - but he can assemble a pretty good staff around him. and some of THEM are good 'in-game' coaches. McCarthy is pretty good at delegating.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Yes. Much better than Garett. Took him just 2 seasons to make the playoffs and would have easily made it last year if Dak did not go down. I know comparing him to Garrett is setting a very low bar but whatever. Mike is a much better coach than Garrett in every facet.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Yes. Much better than Garett. Took him just 2 seasons to make the playoffs and would have easily made it last year if Dak did not go down. I know comparing him to Garrett is setting a very low bar but whatever. Mike is a much better coach than Garrett in every facet.

By far!

nobody

Reaction score
Again, I'm happy to be educated... What does he, specifically, bring to this team? If you can't answer that beyond the team having a good record, then it's not a ringing endorsement.

Obviously he deserves credit but, IYO, what specifically do you feel he brings?

We don't know for sure what he brings behind closed doors. It is a different culture than his predecessor's. That's at least one thing. We don't know how much he contributes to Moore's learning or anything really.

What did Jimmy Johnson offer? He had coordinators on both sides. It's a silly question to ask.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
McCarthy has one job.....have the team ready to play. And he's been hit or miss. Quinn was responsible for the defensive improvement. Kellen has kept the offense afloat despite wild swings from the QB.

plymkr

Reaction score
He got us to 12-5 with an inconsistent kicker and some bad lock management. But now we're in the tournament I'm happy we have a coach that has been through it before. Lol, I can't believe how much I hated him last year at this time. I believe in him now tho.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I can't understand how anyone is unhappy to have Mike McCarthy as the Cowboys head coach after what he has accomplished in 2 short years, the coaches he has surrounded himself with (including changes), the scouting personnel and the team he has created, plus win-at-all-costs environment. A total difference compared to 10 years of Jason Garrett.

CCBoy

Reaction score
His team directions will shortly be in full view.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
When he was hired I said he would not have been my 1st choice but I felt he was a very good HC. I think he has done a very good job this season helping turn things back around despite the season last year were injuries were just too much to overcome.
MM entered the season on the hot seat, I think that seat is no longer hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.