CZ POLL Are you happy with Mike McCarthy as the head coach of the Dallas Cowboys?

Are you happy with Mike McCarthy as the head coach of the Dallas Cowboys?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackrain

Reaction score
He doesn't begin to measure up to Tom Landry

But he's Head and shoulders above Jason Garrett.

So I guess I am as happy with him as I could ever expect to be that said he needs to instill some discipline on this team and clean up these penalties.

DaleMc

Reaction score
Well I voted no. The question didn't ask if there is a better option out there right now. With that said, McCarthy is a decent coach, in my humble opinion he does not prepare the team or gameplan very well for big games or road games. This team continues to be very undisciplined and I believe that falls back to him. Is there a better option available right now, No but that wasn't the question.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Mike always gets the Cowboys to the playoffs. You do that often enough and you are likely to eventually break through. It beats the heck out that decade with Coach Clappy - THAT is for sure.

Wangchung83

Reaction score
I’m not happy with Dak as QB or Dan Quinn, McCarthy has a staff that should’ve said they needed more time to review. You think only the head coach is responsible for throwing the flag. Some things I question but overall he’s done pretty good with Jerry as GM. Why no poll on Dak, seeing that there was a second one when he beats losing teams? just saying should keep it fair on polls(both good and bad) that way we confirm the second one and this one are just emotional fans the first one was years in the making and the accurate poll. Either way his performance yesterday was as bad as I’ve seen and makes the point that gazing a defense is never going to work. Also Dan Quinn’s defensive skeem still exposes the linebackers to ge in coverage with few blitz downhill opportunities. His hybrid approach isn’t any better and we either need a true 3/4 or 4/3 with some zone like everyone wise uses. we are blaming Clark and everyone else and it has to do with Dan Quinn being out coached on defense. Here’s a good video but same thing against niners

Pipelayer72

Reaction score
I think MM is the right guy to get the Cowboys to the SB. It's easy to be a monday morning quarterback and sharpshoot a coaches decisions especially after a loss. It's another thing altogether to actually be the coach making decisions on the field with so much going on at one time. It's a LOT harder than it looks.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Jerry's open-door policy to players that bypasses the coach. That undermines the coach. Holding camp in Oxnard every year and having the country club atmosphere. Not holding players accountable. How often do players get benched here?
Yes, chap, you are spot-on!

When is the last time a coordinator was benched midseason like in Philly last week? When was the last time a player got benched or yelled at a la Sean Peyton? When is the last time a high-profile player got benched a la Pittsburgh? (Someone who needs to be benched NOW is legacy hire Kellen Moore.)

Lad, I dunna say those volatile moves against staff and players were correct, but it sends a message to team and staff that no one is expendable (unless you play in Dallas) and all are accountable. On all accounts.
Speaking of the doomed, what ever happened to Kliff Kingsbury, formerly of Texas State Tech and the Cardinal chaps of Arizona? I have always thought tremendously of the Kliff. His team and QB failed him. Wish Fat Mac could fit him in here somehow.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I’m not happy with Dak as QB or Dan Quinn, McCarthy has a staff that should’ve said they needed more time to review. You think only the head coach is responsible for throwing the flag. Some things I question but overall he’s done pretty good with Jerry as GM. Why no poll on Dak, seeing that there was a second one when he beats losing teams? just saying should keep it fair on polls(both good and bad) that way we confirm the second one and this one are just emotional fans the first one was years in the making and the accurate poll. Either way his performance yesterday was as bad as I’ve seen and makes the point that gazing a defense is never going to work. Also Dan Quinn’s defensive skeem still exposes the linebackers to ge in coverage with few blitz downhill opportunities. His hybrid approach isn’t any better and we either need a true 3/4 or 4/3 with some zone like everyone wise uses. we are blaming Clark and everyone else and it has to do with Dan Quinn being out coached on defense. Here’s a good video but same thing against niners

Marcus Spears is spot-on!
Micah the Mouth is full of cliche and is offended by the way the Cowboys played. Look in the mirror, genius.
Blimey!
Mina, marry me!

plymkr

Reaction score
I voted “no” but this is a tricky one. Compared to Garrett yes he’s way better. He’s done well in the regular season but not good in the postseason. He’s also done poorly against playoff teams on the road.

madcow74

Reaction score
Your team has their back to the wall...already down and struggling. A controversial play has the Bills hurrying to run a play. 3 timeouts in his pocket. A potential gamechanger. Does nothing!!! Mccarthy needs to go. Uninspiring coach

Cowfan75

Reaction score
If you like continuous mediocrity, beating the stuffing out of bad teams, and fool's gold every year, then you love him, like Jerry loves him.

Status
Not open for further replies.