CZ POLL Are you happy with Mike McCarthy as the head coach of the Dallas Cowboys?

Are you happy with Mike McCarthy as the head coach of the Dallas Cowboys?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

duane33

Reaction score
Run game needs improvement — maybe not right away but Hunter Leupke is probably their best all around running back speed is under rated when you break tackles and catch the ball. 96 yards verses Buffalo —-no rush really hurts Dak.
It does. what happened to Malik Davis from last year? they need depth there.
And the undersized D line gives up big yardage on the ground as in Buff + SF games, even Carolina got over 100yards. Dallas is like 19 or 20 against the rush.
That D line is a problem against the rush if they are behind in the game.
McCarthy needs to go, no discipline on team. Penalties the same as when Garrett was there

bewp7

Reaction score
this team has talent

enough talent to win in spite of mccarthy

how many time have u ever said wow cowboys won that game because of coaching because mccarthy out coached some body

prolly never

i have seen mccarthy get out smarted a lot and his stupid clock + game managment lose them close game and his team un discipleine and stupid decison making make them lose also

his team is also soft they are all front runner if there is a team that have as much or more talent the cowboys will fold when they get punch in the mouth and they cant just out talent the other team

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
I'm OK with Mike as an OC, but I still don't trust his in-game decision-making. For the 1st quarter Diggs fumble when Diggs popped up and Buffalo rushed to the LOS, he didn't even have to use a challenge yet. He could have just called timeout, then had his staff look at the replay, and THEN thrown the challenge flag. He's not a quick-thinker, and he doesn't seem to have the staff around him to guide him.

Yes, he has a good record with the Cowboys, I'll give him credit for that...but in a close game, a pivotal decision, I just don't trust him, not yet.

Sydla

Reaction score
No but an asterisk.

For me, it comes down to this postseason. They are good enough to make a run. If they don't, I don't see why we need to continue forward with a guy who basically does what Garrett did - more often than not, struggle to beat good teams, sometimes hiccup down the stretch, make the playoffs and then get bounced early.

After this year, McCarthy would have been here 4 years. If he can't make a NFCCG game (barring something ridiculous happening to us), I don't see why we should continue down the same path that we did with Garrett.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
It’s very reveal g how the numbers change week to week. Win with a good performance, and the fans support you. Lose or have a bad performance, and the fans think you’re garbage. Sad. Funny too. Many fans are so emotional.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Yeah I am happy with him as coach. We are heading towards our 3rd winning season with playoffs. Something has to be said for that. He does need to figure out how to clean up the penalties though. It's been an issue with his teams for awhile. Time to do something different there.

With all the people back on the Dak hate train this week, I sure hope they answered yes in this poll. If Dak sucks so bad, then Big Mac must be doing a really great job with his third winning season with a terrible QB. ;)

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I voted yes because I don’t think there is a better coach out there that Jerry would hire and let him cook with his own groceries.
Slightly off-topic. Occasionally, sports media publishes information said to have been polled from anonymous sources. For example, an article says x-number of NFL executives said certain players were the best in the league at their individual positions. The article will quote one anonymous executive saying one thing and another anonymous executive saying something else. In other words, super-secret opinions offered by a couple dozen Deep Throats. That is a Watergate reference for some members who do not know it. Get your minds out of the gutter, lol.

One time. Just one time I would love sports media polling NFL and college coaches. The poll question? "Would you work for Jerry Jones?" THAT would be an interesting read.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry would pick up Rae Carruth if he was cheap enough. Then some idiot would say, "well he's done his time can't we forgive him"
Is there another example you could suggest? Jones could not buy someone out of prison to add to the team even if he wanted them badly. And, as much as I dislike saying it, even Jones is not stupid enough to sign a 44-year old ex-con wide receiver after being released from prison.

bandfan

Reaction score
Just about all I ever get out of these discussions is that everybody who doesn't win the SB should fire their coach. I voted yes.

Sydla

Reaction score
Just about all I ever get out of these discussions is that everybody who doesn't win the SB should fire their coach. I voted yes.
Disingenuous take right here.

Those that likely are OK with him being relieved at year's end if the team spits the bit again, are basing that not off one year but the four year run he's had. If they lose in the WC round or divisional round again, that would be the 3rd time in a row for McCarthy and he would have the distinction of taking the Cowboys no further than the Garrett did in the postseason.

Why continue that? Why continue the trend of more often than not shoddy performances in big games against good teams and playoff flame outs?

bandfan

Reaction score
Disingenuous take right here.

Those that likely are OK with him being relieved at year's end if the team spits the bit again, are basing that not off one year but the four year run he's had. If they lose in the WC round or divisional round again, that would be the 3rd time in a row for McCarthy and he would have the distinction of taking the Cowboys no further than the Garrett did in the postseason.

Why continue that? Why continue the trend of more often than not shoddy performances in big games against good teams and playoff flame outs?
So, who would you hire that will guarantee a SB title in one year. You must have a name....and BTW it was a very ingenuous take if I do say so myself.

Sydla

Reaction score
So, who would you hire that will guarantee a SB title in one year. You must have a name....and BTW it was a very ingenuous take if I do say so myself.
I am on the record they need to think outside the box and go younger with their HC and OC. Maybe the OC from Seattle, Shane Waldron, for example.

Canadian

Reaction score
McCarthy won 1super bowl, had good or great quarterbacks to work with. Think his winning percentage is close to Andy Reid and the New England coach. Bill Belichck record in Cleveland: 36-44-0. I guess McCarthy is above average coach. Always room for improvement on road games and developing a running game .

tyke1doe

Reaction score
So far, yes. But the real answer will come during the playoffs.
I need to see innovative coaching and game planning, a disciplined team and spotless clock management.

Status
Not open for further replies.