CZ POLL Are you happy with Mike McCarthy as the Head Coach of the Dallas Cowboys?

Are you happy with Mike McCarthy as the Head Coach of the Dallas Cowboys?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ICP

Reaction score
Can we vote 20x 'NO!' even though we know Jerruh is stupid enough to bring Fatso back?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'm now between being unhappy with McCarthy as our head coach and merely willing to "put up" with him for another year. I mean, let's face it -- he's already been announced as our gallant leader for another season, so there's nothing for a fan like myself to do but make the best of it. I think he takes too long to react in awkward situations during games. His offensive schemes leave something to be desired. He's said to be an offensive-minded HC, but yet, it seems he can't manage to make the adjustments required in the crucial games of the playoffs. That's not a good thing.

Last edited:

Flamma

Reaction score
Love him or hate him, no one should be happy about him staying for one more year. That was the most embarrassing loss in Cowboys playoff history. Probably top 3 if you include regular season.

Dallas didn't get killed because we were playing the '85 Bears or a team that was clearly better than us. We didn't lose a close hard fought game. This Cowboys team, as talented as they are, looked like the 2016 Cleveland Browns!! Maybe worse, those guys played hard. These guys looked like they didn't even practice. And were drunk. Credit to the Packers, they were well prepared and clearly didn't go to Dallas to lose.

How can you trust this coach going forward? You can't. What did he see that prepared this team to play Green Bay? Playoffs are different than regular season. You have to put in the effort to beat these lower seed teams. They're not going to roll over and die.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
So jerry voted with the 17 % lol !
We could have all voted no and jerrys 1 vote counters all the fans lol.
He is such an idiot and now deserves to keep on losing in playoffs.
I feel like mike is now a learn on the job coach like garret , only mike is learning about playoffs and getting back to a SB.
This time he has to get back without aaron rodgers, great defense and over all great team he lucked into back in 2010

infamousstyles

Reaction score
No. Nice guy but he doesn't fit the culture change that is needed. It was the same with Jason Garrett. Everyone liked him too.

texan0

Reaction score
I think McCarthy is an above-average coach, but unfortunately above-average coaches don't cut it in this league.

Deionindahood

Reaction score
Let's be honest here..as long as Jerry is in charge, the HC doesn't matter. Jerry's last success came when he could buy players ala pre-salary cap days. Since then, we won squat. Next year will be more of the same thing. Twelve and five and then a nose dive.

texan0

Reaction score
Let's be honest here..as long as Jerry is in charge, the HC doesn't matter. Jerry's last success came when he could buy players ala pre-salary cap days. Since then, we won squat. Next year will be more of the same thing. Twelve and five and then a nose dive.

The only thing that Jones deserves credit for is hiring Jimmy Johnson.

Jones wanted to pretend that he really deserved credit for building the roster (rather than just for hiring Jimmy who in turn built the roster), so he fired Jimmy. And the Cowboys have had a whole sequence of mediocre coaches ever since.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
I'm one of the few who still likes Mike, probably not the best time to admit it. He's as good as we are going to get with Jerry.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
I’ll tell you what guys, I voted yes because this guy is hamstrung. He can’t go out and get who he wants. Had to start here with Kellen M as OC and I don’t think has any say who is his QB. If he could hire his own people I think we would be getting ready for next week instead of packing lockers
I'm with you. Been a fan since he was hired, he was my first choice when we were searching.

He has warts, but I still believe he's a top coach in this league. And like you said, there's only so much he can do without more control.

kevm3

Reaction score
What more control does he need to just get the guys up and prepared and not blown away by a 7th seed?

jsb357

Reaction score
souljj.jpg

zeke21

Reaction score
I really also do not like the message this sends. So the whole organisation just got embarrassed and your response is to.... do nothing? Stand there and say we are close? It was not close.. it hasn't been close.. you had 9 pro bowlers.. a dream schedule.. and you choked and the game was over after 25 minutes of play.

We are not close and it is very hard to listen to a coach who clearly does not understand how far away his team is from actual success.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
McCarthy....17 years as a coach... 1 Super Bowl with 2 Hall of Fame quarterbacks and one runner up for MVP......Jerry says this is great:facepalm:You get one SB with Aaron friggin Rodgers....:facepalm: And people expecting Dak to do it all on his own:facepalm::lmao:

Canadian

Reaction score
We are stuck with McCarthy now, help needed on defense coaches and players. Also disappointed not playing Leupke the running back that can play full back, te, H BACK, .

duane33

Reaction score
https://********.com/jerry-jones-mike-mccarthy-dallas-cowboys-nfl-playoffs-1851175549

kskboys

Reaction score
Will McClay makes the draft pick, not the head coach....and one year doesn't make a career...
So, McClay took Taco, Jaylon, Schooner, Sam Williams, Joseph, and Tolbert? Then it's time to dump McClay. That's what Jerry needs anyway, a scapegoat.

Status
Not open for further replies.