CZ POLL Are you happy with Mike McCarthy as the Head Coach of the Dallas Cowboys?

Are you happy with Mike McCarthy as the Head Coach of the Dallas Cowboys?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swagger

Reaction score
He does have Prescott as his quarterback so he is kneecapped in that regard.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
When twice your team is bewildered and scared out of their collective minds during at-home playoff games, that screams of unpreparedness, and that's on your coach.
When former players and your own players said your team made NO adjustments and just ran the same ole same ole offensive and defensive scheme as you did in the regular season, that's on your coach.
And what's so bad is EVERYONE knows it.
We're not winning a Super Bowl with McCarthy.
If after three years you haven't brought any innovation to the playcalling at the postseason level, it aint getting done.
Time to bite the bullet, Jerry, and get someone who can run a 21st century offense.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I voted for him earlier in this season, and look, I appreciate what he's done here in the last 4 years, but it's time to move on. There is just no excuse to me that your team should show up and look like that in a playoff game. It'd be one thing if they lost a close game off a FG or a fluke play, but to get dismantled like that? Yeah, thanks for your services, but we're heading in a different direction.

csirl

Reaction score
To add some balance. I've been impressed with McCarthy's play calling this season. A big improvement over Kellen Moore. He did an excellent job of disguising Dak's weaknesses - that people even thought Dak was a MVP candidate is all down to the play calling.

But, when playoff time comes and games get more difficult, its hard to hide a mediocre QB. The teams with the best QBs come to the fore in the playoffs. I suspect MM has been told by Jerry to work with Dak.

Swagger

Reaction score
To add some balance. I've been impressed with McCarthy's play calling this season. A big improvement over Kellen Moore. He did an excellent job of disguising Dak's weaknesses - that people even thought Dak was a MVP candidate is all down to the play calling.

But, when playoff time comes and games get more difficult, its hard to hide a mediocre QB. The teams with the best QBs come to the fore in the playoffs. I suspect MM has been told by Jerry to work with Dak.
Fully agree.

I would like to see McCarthy as Head Coach with a good quarterback.

bewp7

Reaction score
his entire team doesnt show up and completly unprepared for a PLAYOFF game and people still defend this fat bozo

i do not understand

almost 20% happy with mccarthy?????

IAmLegend

Reaction score
Y’all better get happy real quick if you’re not, cause Big Mike ain’t goin anywhere.

morat1959

Reaction score
I’m ok with this as long as Dak’s gone. If he’s not gone, I am until he’s gone. No use in watching if Daks the starting QB.

Reaction score
This franchise is lost. There has never been a more obvious move to make. He should not have gotten this year. What can we not do the simple things. If you can't do the simple things how the hell can you do the hard ones?

Lost.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
I could create one for the Front Office Personnel staff as a group because Jerry, despite most of us disliking him as GM, has not made those decisions by himself for years.

At the very least it would include Jerry, Stephen and Will McClay as a group.
The three Stooges in NFL slang.....

9of11

Reaction score
I am satisfied with McCarthy at this point. I think it was the player's failure to execute that prevented the team from being successful on wildcard weekend. It starts with the defense letting the Packers score a TD on their first possession. Dan Quinn's defense caused us to play from behind the entire game. Once we got the ball, the o-line didn't protect Dak and our WRs except for Gallup, were in a funk. I don't blame Dak. This was the case for most of the contest. The players failed to execute.
I hate to tell ya, but everything you mentioned is the head coach responsibility plain and simple.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I hate to tell ya, but everything you mentioned is the head coach responsibility plain and simple.
He can lead the players to the "great performance" water, but he can not make them drink it. He can not make them perform well. The players have to execute. You are wrong.

CxC1993

Reaction score
No. I'll be happy to be wrong next season but you have your team go 12-5 three years in a row only to flounder and come out unprepared in the playoffs from top to bottom? Don't like it.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
This is the same reason why I voted for him to stay!

Tom Landry would have been waiting tables in a restaurant if he had Dak as QB.
I don't think that's true. Landry nearly won Super Bowl V with Craig Morton, who had never fully recovered from a separated shoulder. His defenses were so good, the team could win with not very many points. They beat the Lions in the playoffs 5 to 0. His defense went 22 quarters in 1970 without allowing a touchdown. The 49ers with John Brodie finally broke that streak in the '70 NFC Championship, but that TD and PAT were the only points they scored in that game. In Super Bowl V, they only gave up 16 points. If Dak could go back in time and play for the 1970 Cowboys, I'd bet they still go to the Super Bowl, and I'd bet they score the 17 or more points needed to win. That said, Landry should have started Staubach.

9of11

Reaction score
He can lead the players to the "great performance" water, but he can not make them drink it. He can not make them perform well. The players have to execute. You are wrong.
I can understand your comment about the players performance and it is up to them to perform... but when you have a whole team play bad...thats just bad coaching...

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I can understand your comment about the players performance and it is up to them to perform... but when you have a whole team play bad...thats just bad coaching...
That's not bad coaching. They had the best W-L record in the conference. The players had a bad game, It happens.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I will be posting polls like this after big wins an big losses to gauge how everyone is feeling about various aspects of the team.

As always, I do not provide "easy out" options in CZ Polls because that defeats the purpose of the polls.

Not every poll is for everyone so if you do not like the options, do not vote and instead post your opinions as a reply.
mr Reality--- we got our answer today from Jerry...total backing of MM as future HC...was hoping Jerry pull a younger Jerry and fire and hire?...

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
no he is a doofus

idc how many time he can win 12 in the regular season

who cares he stinks iwant to see the cowboys win a super bowl not beat up the giants in week 1 and they will never ever win one with fatso mccarthy and dumb dak
i second that

Status
Not open for further replies.