CZ POLL Are you happy with the Cowboys drafting OT Josh Ball with the 138th pick?

Are you happy with the Cowboys drafting OT Josh Ball with the 138th pick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I thought Doug Free was too tall and this dude is even taller. 6'8 is just too tall for Oline.
not IMO i think he has long arms and can play RT/LT if he gets some good coaching..

but nice you think hes too tall yet the coaches drafted him and i believe they bare better talent evaluators then a fan..

lmao seriously where does the egos come from around here and for sure ask me this why risk his character flaws on draft pick if you dont think he has potential?

if 6'8 was an issue why look further?

come on get that out of here..its like the old short qbs cant make it in the nfl=busted
wrs have to be huge=busted

Aaron Donald's busted the old size from DT cant stop the run or pass rush mold etc

this is the new NFL LBs under 240 etc etc

DuncanIso

Reaction score
not IMO i think he has long arms and can play RT/LT if he gets some good coaching..

but nice you think hes too tall yet the coaches drafted him and i believe they bare better talent evaluators then a fan..

lmao seriously where does the egos come from around here and for sure ask me this why risk his character flaws on draft pick if you dont think he has potential?

come on get that out of here..its like the old short qbs cant make it in the nfl=busted

Aaron Donald's busted the old size from DT cant stop the run or pass rush mold etc

he’s the 6th T on the chart.

RT LCollins - Steele
LT TSmith - Knight - Ty Nsekhe

the Guards...

RG Martin - CMcGov
C. Biadasz
LG. CWill

He’s has to push either Ty or Knight. It’s possible.

One of the reasons I pushed for a T in the 1st round.

no roster depth at T.

blueblood70

Reaction score

RT LCollins - Steele

the Guards...

RG Martin - CMcGov
C. Biadasz
LG. CWill

no roster depth at T.
of curse hes last until well he isnt.lol with teh injuries' we had last season crop up again, he will zoom up that chart and get shot..this offseason is much different then lst actual in person OTAS, Rookie MCs, MCs, and Tcs plus 3 preseaosn games..this bodes well for player who otherwise doesnt get much repas like last year..

we rolled with Vet Fas that didnt work out because we couldn't experiment with the rooks and younger players..

a guy like this could rise fast here with TS and LC having just come off season ending injurys..

as fans this will be more fn 11 rookie draft picks and what 13 UDFAs we actually get to see them in action some/.judge for ourselves..

blueblood70

Reaction score

RT LCollins - Steele

the Guards...

RG Martin - CMcGov
C. Biadasz
LG. CWill

no roster depth at T.
hard no on T in the first round knew that not their intent and was correct..

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
We might have to add Jerry Springer, Dr Phil and Oprah to the staff. But the ends justify the means.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
I think we can all accept a guy will a failed drug test for weed but domestic violence? There were other options.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
hard no on T in the first round knew that not their intent and was correct..

They have the speedy outside LB now.

But not elite depth at T....

Odds of Collins making it through camp? Or 8 weeks of football games...

Or TSmith and that spine?

8/

Croomraider

Reaction score

Fair enough - I'll give hime a shot. I did like hearing his phone call. Though most everyone sounds ready to play, he seemed a little more excited than most. And I do agree the new NFL is super unpredictable based on size alone.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Yes because if you have a shot to upgrade your o-line in the 4th round, I don't mind taking a shot on a guy with character issues. If he becomes a starter eventually or even the 6th lineman on the team, it's a phenomenal pick.

If there's more off-the-field issues or he turns out to be a toxic person, losing out on a 4th round pick isn't franchise altering.
,,,Er ,,, refresh my memory my good& noble forum fellow, but, what round was it that our #4 got front door keys to the ranch House handed to him in?

:lmao2:

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Bob Sturm was speaking on the radio this past week. He stated Ball was considered in the top 100 of this draft. But his issues off the field scared teams away.

Now I don't know much about the guy, but he looks like the rock of Gibraltar to me. He will not be a sack machine, per Sturm. But he is definitely an immoveable object and a 1T, per Sturm. Take that for what its worth.

He also will give cover to Parsons as he is on a seek and destroy mission to the backfield of the offense. Again, per Sturm.

I am not married to name brands in the draft. I also think when you start getting away from the first two rounds, the hit or miss picking a player is exponentially more difficult. Moehrig is a prime example. This board was clamoring for this player, and the vitriol when he was drafted by another team was business as usual here at Dissatisfied Inc®.

Yet I listened to the draft guys on both the radio in Dallas and on air on NFLN. They listed things this player was not exceptional at, which contradicted this board's love affair with Moehrig.

My point is this. I see each year as the draft gets close the hue and cry by the trade down set and think, "Do you people really see past your theory two mediums are equal to an extra large?" These same people are willing to give away three picks to get this safety because he is a name brand.

Charmin or Walmart Tissue? You pay less for Walmart. And in this stage of the cap space for Dallas, Walmart will have to do.

This will be settled on the field when Ball suits up. But I have to ask. How many who slander this pick are also the guys who are trade down people, and have been tooting the horn of the this team will stink on ice in 2021?

blueblood70

Reaction score
They have the speedy outside LB now.

But not elite depth at T....

Odds of Collins making it through camp? Or 8 weeks of football games...

Or TSmith and that spine?

8/
better odd's then you becoming an NFL expert and get medical degree before camp.....:laugh:

elite depth?!

who has elite depth anywhere on a team?

starters are starters, backups are almost always step down, the chiefs dont have two Mahomes , titans do not have A plan for two Henrys, sorry that doesnt work..you adjust to injurys best you can not trying to have 10 OL starters at the expense of other positions.. LMAO..

I agree with the way they handled the draft. I said it for months while those saying they would take OT or Pitts high or say a WR like Dsmith for speed was ridiculous and wasn't happening..all our resources are starting OL and weve invested heavily in depth as well..cant keep adding to the same position expecting PB lay..they will adjust and last year if one positive thing can be taken from it,

the devastation to the OL gave valuable live real game action to our OL depth. Expecting that same devastation to happen again its like hitting the lottery twice in a row, doubt that happens. We can adjust to few injuries' here and there not 7 OL goig down..no one can adjust to that even if slater was chosen, hes one guy not 7 defenses exploit holes they take their best and lineup over the weak player not slater, got it yet?

Our defense needed a major overhaul not just tire rotation and oil change..the OL got that its all it needed..:popcorn:

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bob Sturm was speaking on the radio this past week. He stated Ball was considered in the top 100 of this draft. But his issues off the field scared teams away.

Now I don't know much about the guy, but he looks like the rock of Gibraltar to me. He will not be a sack machine, per Sturm. But he is definitely an immoveable object and a 1T, per Sturm. Take that for what its worth.

He also will give cover to Parsons as he is on a seek and destroy mission to the backfield of the offense. Again, per Sturm.

I am not married to name brands in the draft. I also think when you start getting away from the first two rounds, the hit or miss picking a player is exponentially more difficult. Moehrig is a prime example. This board was clamoring for this player, and the vitriol when he was drafted by another team was business as usual here at Dissatisfied Inc®.

Yet I listened to the draft guys on both the radio in Dallas and on air on NFLN. They listed things this player was not exceptional at, which contradicted this board's love affair with Moehrig.

My point is this. I see each year as the draft gets close the hue and cry by the trade down set and think, "Do you people really see past your theory two mediums are equal to an extra large?" These same people are willing to give away three picks to get this safety because he is a name brand.

Charmin or Walmart Tissue? You pay less for Walmart. And in this stage of the cap space for Dallas, Walmart will have to do.

This will be settled on the field when Ball suits up. But I have to ask. How many who slander this pick are also the guys who are trade down people, and have been tooting the horn of the this team will stink on ice in 2021?

Ball is the 1 tech this team has needed and Bohanna is going to be a very effective swing T should Tyron or Collins go down.

Now if you want to criticize look at Fehoko. There were better TEs on the board at that spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.