Twitter: Are you still turning in Nolan's pink slip?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
In other words, do you STILL want him fired regardless of what happens the rest of the season OR did last night give reason to pause, as in he may not be that bad after all? So I'm not turning it in........yet (LOL)

I'm sure he's thinking or telling his guys THIS is what my D should look like.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Either the players are bad or the coaches are bad.

For anyone that believes the coaches are bad, then how can they also blame the coaches?

They could have continued being a middle of the pack defense with Marinelli but were never going to be a great defense.

I really don't know about Nolan, but it is really impossible to know at this point unless you believe that this group of players is much better than their performances.

Rajveer

Reaction score
Ask me the same question at the end of the season. If the performance is on a positive trend, then of course we should give him another year. I was impressed with the effort last night. However we were playing another bad team. Show me this kind of performance against a good team and I will be convinced that there is a possibility here to get better.

jrumann59

Reaction score
IF Pittsburgh drops an Alabama vs Alcorn St type beating on the team next week. I have no confidence in the scheme, though it seems to work better when you have Gregory type DE on the other side.

Rayman70

Reaction score
yet to be determined. Last night th defense played very hard and the only thing that was stil an issue was Jaylon Smith. The guy just cannot be a difference maker. LVE showed why we drafted him. I think hes now healthy and is grasping the defense. Jaylon needs traded for picks. He stinks.

Sydla

Reaction score
Yes.

I don't want him part of the rebuild because I fear he's going to shift more towards the 3-4 and then when he eventually chokes, which he likely will, we are left with a 3-4 roster somehow trying to most likely transition back to a 4-3.

Further, the fact he thought Darian Thompson should be starting is also another reason to wonder about his "personnel" decisions.

jrumann59

Reaction score
yet to be determined. Last night th defense played very hard and the only thing that was stil an issue was Jaylon Smith. The guy just cannot be a difference maker. LVE showed why we drafted him. I think hes now healthy and is grasping the defense. Jaylon needs traded for picks. He stinks.
Woods needs to go also, he is hot garbage as well.

Sydla

Reaction score

For anyone that believes the coaches are bad, then how can they also blame the coaches?

They could have continued being a middle of the pack defense with Marinelli but were never going to be a great defense.

I really don't know about Nolan, but it is really impossible to know at this point unless you believe that this group of players is much better than their performances.

Because in football it can be both talent issues and poor coaching as to why a defense had been historically terrible until last night. It doesn't have to be either/or.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
LVE had two tackles. Please stop. Let’s see if he can make it through the rest of the season before we crown him as the next Dick Butkus.:rolleyes:

thunderpimp91

Reaction score

Agree completely. I’m not married to Nolan right now, but we talk about jaylon being the worst lb in history, and how embarrassing our DTs and S play is one thread then flip over to how a scheme change would fix things the next.

is it the players or the coaching staff that’s the issue? Either we need more talent on defense, or these guys are good players who the coaches won’t put in a position to succeed. You’re looking at a long painful Jets style rebuild if its both.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
For those saying the Eagles are a bad team......then what are the Giants and WFT but the same D was night and day different. This why last night gives me hope that maybe, just maybe, guys are starting to understand his scheme w/o too much thinking.

Gaede

Reaction score
Fire him in the offseason. This team is dead in the water so let's get that draft pick.

dware94

Reaction score
Unfortunately its too hard to judge anything right now. When you have an anemic offense who at times gifts the other teams points and your defense is on the field for 70% of the game, they will get exposed in today's NFL. We are starting to get our starters back which should be an encouraging sign but our weak offense will continue to be a huge thorn in this defense.

Lutonio

Reaction score
So because Wentz is having a career bad year with no receivers, a bad line, and the starting RB out, Nolan needs to keep his job?

No way. Get him out of here.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
In other words, do you STILL want him fired regardless of what happens the rest of the season OR did last night give reason to pause, as in he may not be that bad after all? So I'm not turning it in........yet (LOL)

I'm sure he's thinking or telling his guys THIS is what my D should look like.

He needed fired last week.

Its a train wreck.

stiletto

Reaction score
I'm hoping they fire the entire staff. On offense they obviously spent ALL WEEK on trick plays instead of trying to get a Wet behind the ears barely drafted QB acclimated to a normal offense. It was ridiculous. All the coaches suck. Moore/Nolan/McCarthy. They all gotta go.

blueblood70

Reaction score
some of us with common sense and real eyes never thought about firing any coaches after whats gone on this year with injuries' and poor execution's by players..

2021 is reboot give this brand new staff more then 8 games in shortened off season and injurys riddled depleted roster a chance to actually have the time needed to make changes to improve the team.

it was nOt going to happen anyway so the constant calling for coaches jobs 8 games into a season like this was coming from fans without and common sense, Jerrys not firing a staff after all this thats gone on..

if this was a relatively helathy team and obvious coaches weren't getting enough out of players , sure but its not the facts..facts say they will give nolan another season and Mm will get 3-4 years to show what his vison is , if after year 3 its more plodding , sure get rid of all of them..