Twitter: Are you still turning in Nolan's pink slip?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
May not be handing him the pink slip yet, as I said in previous weeks, let's see how it goes. Though at times I sure wanted him to go and said that. But over all, a wait and see.
However if he is let go, I am fine with that. This performance has not changed my mind.

But Moore sure did drive that nail almost all the way in the coffin for him. I never wanted him as the QB coach, nor the OC. He almost had me fooled a few times in thinking maybe he is not so bad. But last night, it was it for me. I would hand him a pink slip.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
They were showing hustle, but they looked confused at times on running plays. Just stood there looking lost.

Well, I don't know that this is going to change much, to be honest, Pantone. At least this year. Our team, on both sides of the ball, are going to be behind the 8 ball because we had little to know offseason to work with. No Pre-season etc. What does that mean? What I expect will happen is that we will always be confused and reacting, as opposed to being aggressive, because we really don't know the system yet and our personnel doesn't really fit. As we learn more and get better, opposing OCs are going to add different wrinkles for us to deal with and we will not see those until we are actually on the field. Next year, that will be better we assume but for this year, it's gonna suck. That's just how it is unfortunately. It's why Dak looked good because he had enough experience in the Offense and the terminology didn't change so that was an advantage for him but still, there are differences and it's going to take it's toll. I am not a Nolan or Tomsula fan but gotta be fair. It's going to be tough for them.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If the Cowboys brass think we have the right players on the D for the 3-4 scheme, they are in denial. This equals a rebuild if they stick with him. Some guys showed some moxie last night, but this scheme will take time. There has to be a reason that Nolan bounced around the league. Not promising.

bewp7

Reaction score
yeah, bye mike. bye all mikes on this team.

i do not think it is bad to have high standards...or any standards.

they still could not stip the run and there is a reason why every one is dissing carson wentz because he flat out stinked. he was the one who was not seeing wide open receivers undernethe on his ints and missing throws. no...ask this after they play the steelers lol.

Reactions: BAT

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
There is no excuse for a coordinator to go into a season without proper preparation and introduce a new scheme to the players. Nolan should have worked within the old scheme and tweaked stuff along the way.

McCarthy is ultimately to blame for not managing this better. I did hear from Camp McCarthy in the spring that it was important to fit the scheme to the players. How'd that work out?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
In other words, do you STILL want him fired regardless of what happens the rest of the season OR did last night give reason to pause, as in he may not be that bad after all? So I'm not turning it in........yet (LOL)

I'm sure he's thinking or telling his guys THIS is what my D should look like.

yes, I do.

he needs to go. that was the 26th ranked offense who hasnt' played well all season......rough weather night too...

basel90

Reaction score
A second round pick burned for a gamble. They could have taken Michael Thomas or any Safety that was available at that spot but instead they take this guy - lose an entire year of him rehabbing and now this.
wow did not know Thomas was available then . what a wasted pick . Plus he gave him an inflated contract. crazy cap management. Zeke was a huge blunder as well.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Don't break out the anointing oil yet. Our run defense got gutted again by an OL just as beat up as ours and Boston Scott. In the passing game, the main difference was that Carson Wentz turned it over 4 times.

Vander Esch is looking better, Diggs had a great game last night, but this is still a bad, bad unit on the whole. We just happened to play a bad, bad opponent. The Steelers are going to track-meet us next week and then it will be doom and gloom again.

jrumann59

Reaction score
if they plan to go 3-4 they better trade DLaw otherwise it will be a complete waste of cap space to keep him on the team to run a scheme he is not a fit for.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I was never high on the Nolan pick. He has a suspect track record. That said I blame the players more. Too many missed assignment. Too many missed tackles. I will also say Dallas is unbelievably week up the middle - DT, MLB, S. Like the worst in the league up the middle. Hard to win like that.

Proof

Reaction score
LVE had two tackles. Please stop. Let’s see if he can make it through the rest of the season before we crown him as the next Dick Butkus.:rolleyes:

looking at box scores is a terrible way to evaluate defensive performance. He looked really good. And already has an entire season of playing at a high level as well. Mind if we’re just happy about something ?

baltcowboy

Reaction score
looking at box scores is a terrible way to evaluate defensive performance. He looked really good. And already has an entire season of playing at a high level as well. Mind if we’re just happy about something ?
Not if your a linebacker. LVE had two tackles you all act like he was Butkus. The whole defense played ok but remember it was the Eagles. Let’s simmer down. At least he didn’t seem shaken up on a play for once.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In other words, do you STILL want him fired regardless of what happens the rest of the season OR did last night give reason to pause, as in he may not be that bad after all? So I'm not turning it in........yet (LOL)

Yes!!!!!!!!!

The E-Gals offense is horrible. That's why the Cowboys defense looked better.

They didn't magically get better. Comon' man!

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Yes!!!!!!!!!

The E-Gals offense is horrible. That's why the Cowboys defense looked better.

They didn't magically get better. Comon' man!

No worst than the Giants or WFT.......just me, but they played with more cohesiveness and energy we haven't all season. For the first time this season, you could see they played with a sense of confidence.........credit LVE and Lee for some of that.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

I'm sure he's thinking or telling his guys THIS is what my D should look like.

No, bloke, lets give MN a standing ovation for another loss.

Proof

Reaction score
Not if your a linebacker. LVE had two tackles you all act like he was Butkus. The whole defense played ok but remember it was the Eagles. Let’s simmer down. At least he didn’t seem shaken up on a play for once.

youre*.
I didn’t act like anything