Twitter: Are you still turning in Nolan's pink slip?

Sydla

Reaction score
For those saying the Eagles are a bad team......then what are the Giants and WFT but the same D was night and day different. This why last night gives me hope that maybe, just maybe, guys are starting to understand his scheme w/o too much thinking.

Awful performance by a QB who missed open guys and it was tough throwing conditions.

Let's talk about them "picking up the system" after the Steelers game. Something tells me we'll be back to the same issues prior to the Eagles game.

Majic

Reaction score
Yes.

I don't want him part of the rebuild because I fear he's going to shift more towards the 3-4 and then when he eventually chokes, which he likely will, we are left with a 3-4 roster somehow trying to most likely transition back to a 4-3.

Further, the fact he thought Darian Thompson should be starting is also another reason to wonder about his "personnel" decisions.

No. I want to see a move to a 3-4 which right now in the NFL is the most successful base formation. Just look what the Bucs and Steelers have built. Why would we want to transition back to a 4-3? We need to build the scheme around the best players which should lead to a hybrid scheme. But a 3-4 scheme if you listen to people like Wade Phillips, Bryan Broaddus is preferred by many. Would be crazy to continue to turn down quality players (TJ Watt) because they don't fit the scheme

Sydla

Reaction score
some of us with common sense and real eyes never thought about firing any coaches after whats gone on this year with injuries' and poor execution's by players..

2021 is reboot give this brand new staff more then 8 games in shortened off season and injurys riddled depleted roster a chance to actually have the time needed to make changes to improve the team.

it was nOt going to happen anyway so the constant calling for coaches jobs 8 games into a season like this was coming from fans without and common sense, Jerrys not firing a staff after all this thats gone on..

if this was a relatively helathy team and obvious coaches weren't getting enough out of players , sure but its not the facts..facts say they will give nolan another season and Mm will get 3-4 years to show what his vison is , if after year 3 its more plodding , sure get rid of all of them..

Nolan should not get another season, especially if they try to overhaul the defense. Because if he's involved in rebuilding the D, his decisions have an impact well beyond just the time he's here.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Awful performance by a QB who missed open guys and it was tough throwing conditions.

Let's talk about them "picking up the system" after the Steelers game. Something tells me we'll be back to the same issues prior to the Eagles game.

We'll see......

Blackspider214

Reaction score
For those saying the Eagles are a bad team......then what are the Giants and WFT but the same D was night and day different. This why last night gives me hope that maybe, just maybe, guys are starting to understand his scheme w/o too much thinking.

People still don't realize how bad the Eagles are, especially Wentz. Remember, our crappy defense last year completely dominated the Eagles on SNF. Even the game we lost to them in December, Wentz and that offense did little to nothing. This game was an outler for me. Now if they continue to do this against the really good offenses, then I will say maybe we have something.

Sydla

Reaction score
No. I want to see a move to a 3-4 which right now in the NFL is the most successful base formation. Just look what the Bucs and Steelers have built. Why would we want to transition back to a 4-3? We need to build the scheme around the best players which should lead to a hybrid scheme. But a 3-4 scheme if you listen to people like Wade Phillips, Bryan Broaddus is preferred by many. Would be crazy to continue to turn down quality players (TJ Watt) because they don't fit the scheme

Where is it said that the 3-4 is the most successful defense in the NFL right now?

And note, the Steelers really aren't a true 3-4 anymore either. They play a lot of nickel defense and they pull their NT off the field and go to a more traditional 4-2-5 nickel look a lot.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Nolan should not get another season, especially if they try to overhaul the defense. Because if he's involved in rebuilding the D, his decisions have an impact well beyond just the time he's here.
he will so your blowhard puffing about him needing to go is not your decsions and is NOT happening..

so move on get passed it you nor anyone here knows better then MM and the Fo on what moves to make and why..

If they decide that so be it but making lists on who stays or goes is the most insane fan puffing ive ever seen ever on a fan forum.

they all most likely ALL be back..big contracts and the coaching staff, all of it.. get used to it..

the offense will be relatively healthy and good out of the gate NeXT year the draft and FA will focus on defense that will be improved..

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Either the players are bad or the coaches are bad.

For anyone that believes the coaches are bad, then how can they also blame the coaches?

They could have continued being a middle of the pack defense with Marinelli but were never going to be a great defense.

I really don't know about Nolan, but it is really impossible to know at this point unless you believe that this group of players is much better than their performances.

The defensive line has been bad for a long time - Marinelli never coached up anyone here in Dallas and wasn't able to replicate his success from Tampa over here. Nolan takes over and we demand that he use the garbage left by Marinelli to make a great defense.

basel90

Reaction score
In other words, do you STILL want him fired regardless of what happens the rest of the season OR did last night give reason to pause, as in he may not be that bad after all? So I'm not turning it in........yet (LOL)

I'm sure he's thinking or telling his guys THIS is what my D should look like.

hi did well last night. seems the lack of talent he inherited was a big issue. plus the offense did not help the defense in many games.

basel90

Reaction score
yet to be determined. Last night th defense played very hard and the only thing that was stil an issue was Jaylon Smith. The guy just cannot be a difference maker. LVE showed why we drafted him. I think hes now healthy and is grasping the defense. Jaylon needs traded for picks. He stinks.
jaylon smith is so slow. You can tell he wants to achieve and make plays. but he lack the physical tools and even the wits to cope with the game. It was a gamble that jerry took on this injured player at college. Did not work out. I assume jerry will keep him at least 1 more year as the rebuilding starts.

Majic

Reaction score
Where is it said that the 3-4 is the most successful defense in the NFL right now?

And note, the Steelers really aren't a true 3-4 anymore either. They play a lot of nickel defense and they pull their NT off the field and go to a more traditional 4-2-5 nickel look a lot.

6 of the top 7 DEFs as of now play the 3-4 as their base.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
jaylon smith is so slow. You can tell he wants to achieve and make plays. but he lack the physical tools and even the wits to cope with the game. It was a gamble that jerry took on this injured player at college. Did not work out. I assume jerry will keep him at least 1 more year as the rebuilding starts.

A second round pick burned for a gamble. They could have taken Michael Thomas or any Safety that was available at that spot but instead they take this guy - lose an entire year of him rehabbing and now this.

JayFord

Reaction score
Yes

one game doesn’t excuse the horrible play that has gone on for weeks on end

and if the Eagles had committed to the run they would’ve blown this game wide open they were averaging 5 yards per carry

Reactions: BAT

Sydla

Reaction score
he will so your blowhard puffing about him needing to go is not your decsions and is NOT happening..

so move on get passed it you nor anyone here knows better then MM and the Fo on what moves to make and why..

If they decide that so be it but making lists on who stays or goes is the most insane fan puffing ive ever seen ever on a fan forum.

they all most likely ALL be back..big contracts and the coaching staff, all of it.. get used to it..

the offense will be relatively healthy and good out of the gate NeXT year the draft and FA will focus on defense that will be improved..

I don't have to do any such thing. This is a sports message board about the Cowboys, so we can discuss what an average DC Nolan is and that it will likely be a mistake if they hitch their next 3-4 years to him. If you don't like it, make a fact based, adequate argument as to why it's important we need to keep Nolan beyond this season.

Reactions: BAT

blueblood70

Reaction score
I don't have to do any such thing. This is a sports message board about the Cowboys, so we can discuss what an average DC Nolan is and that it will likely be a mistake if they hitch their next 3-4 years to him. If you don't like it, make a fact based, adequate argument as to why it's important we need to keep Nolan beyond this season.

and yet he will be here next year for your amusement..

its a useless waste of time to say he should be fired for the 100th time this season when its NOT GPOING TO HAPPEN,.I dont agree he needs a fair shot at getting a plan initiated that didnt happen this year..

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In other words, do you STILL want him fired regardless of what happens the rest of the season OR did last night give reason to pause, as in he may not be that bad after all? So I'm not turning it in........yet (LOL)

I'm sure he's thinking or telling his guys THIS is what my D should look like.

Rush D still looked like a pinball machine getting owned. Not in favor yet, but I have to give them all this year to prove otherwise. Jerry certainly will.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score

Hard to argue around this. It's 100% fair in my view.

Aven8

Reaction score
It was nice to see actually so no complaints from me today. They didn’t quit and actually started to build some confidence. Jaylon is still a clown though.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It was nice to see actually so no complaints from me today. They didn’t quit and actually started to build some confidence. Jaylon is still a clown though.
They were showing hustle, but they looked confused at times on running plays. Just stood there looking lost.