Arguments for Romo's INT's

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
  1. this was tipped - he can fix this
  2. he was trying to make something happened and made bad decision - but Julius was being held too
  3. yes this looked real bad - but it looked like an INT that some of the best have thrown - I dont know if this one was on Romo or Crayton or lack of playing time together
Now if he had zipped 3 INT's into defenders then I would be concerned... because of the way they happened and the lack of playing time... I think he will get better week to week.... and his progress will be evident

and TO will write a book to counter Key "just throw me the damn ball"..... TO's book will be... "they kept throwing me the ball" LOL

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
They were all incredibly stupid, but the the tip and the screen are the kind I don't think we see again. Just sort of freak INTs.

The Crayton INT was the one that concerned me more than anything - it was just an inaccurate pass.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
I just watched the Julius holding INT. Wow, talk about angry. I can't believe that holding didn't get called. It was probably the most flagrant defensive holding I've ever seen and it looked like the defender knew exactly what was happening (a screen) and did his best to prevent it.

CowboyBlog

Reaction score
YoMick;1122856 said:
  2. he was trying to make something happened and made bad decision - but Julius was being held too
  3. yes this looked real bad - but it looked like an INT that some of the best have thrown - I dont know if this one was on Romo or Crayton or lack of playing time together
Now if he had zipped 3 INT's into defenders then I would be concerned... because of the way they happened and the lack of playing time... I think he will get better week to week.... and his progress will be evident

and TO will write a book to counter Key "just throw me the damn ball"..... TO's book will be... "they kept throwing me the ball" LOL

All three were bad passes. If you take away any Qb's ints, then his passer ratting will shoot up, but that is not how the world works.

Three bad interceptions, the first one was stupid and changed the momentum of the game.

Expect many more, this is now a rebuilding season.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Crown Royal;1122858 said:
They were all incredibly stupid, but the the tip and the screen are the kind I don't think we see again. Just sort of freak INTs.

The Crayton INT was the one that concerned me more than anything - it was just an inaccurate pass.

Thank god I have not had to argue the INTs made all week. I fully accepted the fact Romo had not taken 1st team snaps and was thrust into the game to magically have perfect timing with our stud receivers. After a few days of throwing every first team ball in practice and getting his feel for the first team speed I see noting but sharpness on Romo's part come Sunday.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
all the INTs looked dumb and correctable. i was more annoyed at the play calling myself. down by 5 no need to come out guns blazing with throws. we should have established the run and passed on 3rd then punt if needed. our D might have clamped down a bit if the giants had to go 70-80 yards we'll never know.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
I'm a little less concerned about the first two interceptions.

One was tipped, and the other, Romo thought it was a free play (because of the holding), and so he forced it in there.

The third one was a little odd, and I can't be sure about whether it concerns me or not. Either Romo threw it incorrectly, or Crayton ran the route incorrectly. We don't really know if it was an inaccurate pass because of the route. If it was a curl back route, then it appeared to be the correct throw. If it was a post, then it was off. So, I'm really not sure.

Hopefully, he'll get it all sorted out by Sunday.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
I believe on the last int that Romo so said he threw it too early. He needed to wait a split second later then throw it. So yeah, that one was all him.

Thing is, I have no idea where I read that. I think it was an article on this board.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
CowboyBlog;1122873 said:
Expect many more, this is now a rebuilding season.

i dont see this as a even a rebuilding season..because right now they arent building anything..they're finding out if romo can even play..there is no building..the OL is still bad, the wr are getting old quickly..

next yr will be a rebuilding season

Marktui

Reaction score

I have to defend him on this one. It looked like he thought Crayton was going to stay on the outside. It was a bad int, stupid, I don't know. Even the best throws those sometimes.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
SultanOfSix;1122879 said:
I'm a little less concerned about the first two interceptions.

One was tipped, and the other, Romo thought it was a free play (because of the holding), and so he forced it in there.

those concern me the most as they were FORCED. Low reward, high risk.

no free plays in the NFL... protect the ball first and foremost.

if Tuna was to come out passing, IMHO it should have been a deep ball to Terry or TO (send both deep and split coverage). That would have been a no-risk play and INT like a punt.

Mansta54

Reaction score
Yes, Romo threw pics but he did that after being thrown into a bad situation. The backup QB gets very little reps during the week and probably none with the starting WR's. I thought he did fine with what he had to work with and the circumstances of the situation. This kid can play. I damn sure don't veiw this as a step back or rebuilding process. I see us getting better, much better. We'll see it all sunday night...

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
chinch;1122888 said:
those concern me the most as they were FORCED. Low reward, high risk.
no free plays in the NFL... protect the ball first and foremost.

I don't think the first one was forced. He thought he could throw it over Strahan, but Strahan made a good play.

And like I said on the second one, from what I heard him say, he only forced it because he thought a flag was going to be thrown (which it should have been because of the obvious holding). The problem is, he shouldn't have done it unless he saw the flag come out, and then he could assume it was holding. I've seen many QBs see the flag come out, knowing its a defensive penalty, and then throw it to where they may not otherwise do so because they know it's a free play.

NinePointOh

Reaction score
There's no such thing as a good mistake. They all hurt your chances, whether or not you were "trying to make something happen."

I'm rooting for Romo as much as the next guy, but there's no sense in making excuses for his interceptions. We just need to realize that all QBs, particularly ones who are young and inexperienced, will inevitably make mistakes. You just hope that over time, he makes far more good plays than bad ones.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
SultanOfSix;1122896 said:
I don't think the first one was forced. He thought he could throw it over Strahan, but Strahan made a good play.

And like I said on the second one, from what I heard him say, he only forced it because he thought a flag was going to be thrown (which it should have been because of the obvious holding). The problem is, he shouldn't have done it unless he saw the flag come out, and then he could assume it was holding. I've seen many QBs see the flag come out, knowing its a defensive penalty, and then throw it to where they may not otherwise do so because they know it's a free play.

strahan imho made a routine play and should have been acconted for by the qb

i heard romo and he said next time it goes in the dirt... the play sunday was dumb.

that said i think he's a complete upgrade over drew, notably in the BRAINS dept

tar_heel16

Reaction score
Wasn't the last INT because of miscommunication between Crayton and Romo? I heard it was an option route.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
When you find me a young QB that does NOT throw INTs let me know.
Brady has thrown 12-14 every year since he took over in 2001.

Sheez, cut the guy some slack. If those kind of games (3 INTS) continue then we have a problem. But to overanalyze and instantly judge a young QB who was thrown into that situation for the first time in his career wins the KNEE JERK Award, imo.

kojak

Who Loves Ya Baby?
Reaction score
YoMick;1122856 said:

Ohh the growing pains......

The first one was a fluke, the others were all on Romo. I personally loved the Kareem Abdul Jabar(sp) hookshot to Barber which almost resulted in another pic.

On a positive note, he was able to move the ball and I don't recall us having to punt with him in there. Alot of that comes from the pics of course. But at this point I would rather see a rookie in there, if your veteran QB is going to be making the same mistakes.

ravidubey

Reaction score

Ditto. That one really bothered me because it was a late, inaccurate throw and a bad decision on top of it. You can't chalk it up to nerves or inexperience like you can the first two.

Grevus

Reaction score
Romo may have been in the system for 4 years, but on the field, he's still a rookie. I expect ints. I can tell you this, with a full week in, I expect to see the entire offense play better under Romo. I still expect Romo to throw a pick or two, but I aslo expect him to check down on recievers and move around in the pocket to buy time.