Video: Arian Foster on Dak "I think he lost confidence in his game"

8FOR!3

Reaction score
….if true, it’s the worst possible scenario. At least a physical injury will heal but if it’s in his head, it might be tougher to get over. A sports psychologist wouldn’t be the worst idea.

Many high paid executives get “life coaching” from experts and if I had a 160 million dollar employee with a mental based issue, I would spare no expense in getting him/her help

A sports psychologist should already be used by the whole team as far as anyone willing to talk to them.

shabazz

Reaction score
A sports psychologist should already be used by the whole team as far as anyone willing to talk to them.

It's a lot more pressure attached to these positions than I can imagine. We see the jubilation after the game and post game interviews but not the stress from criticism in failure....its a lot for young people to deal with.

Im sure they handle it better than I could

Last edited:

DenCWBY

Reaction score
Sadly, I was right about what Dak is and a lot of you were wrong.

His start to this season almost fooled me. Not gonna lie. But teams adjusted and Dak proved he’s just not that kind of player.

Daks only as good as his run game.
I agree but I think it's also a case of opposing DC's reading Daks tendencies making him uncomfortable with different schemes. This eventually happened to Romo and like many QB's on the rise. Romo learned later in his career that he had to religiously study film to overcome and did for the most part. I'm not sure Dak is aware of that yet but he hopefully got the message (this year) as his play has been spiraling. He can beat the bottom feeders but when the games really count he has to be aware of his opponent.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
It seems there is contradictory culpability in comparing Dallas QB play and that of KC and Cincinatti.

In KC's case in this year's offseason alone 3 draftees and 2 FAs replaced the 5 starting olinemen from the '20 season.

In Cincinatti's case, the oline gave up 51 recorded regular seasons sacks, 9 divisional round sacks to the Titans. I am not including hits taken during the regular or playoffs here.

So...
In either scenario did not the QB raise both his and his entire team's level of play around him so as to actually lead the team instead of being totally dependent on ideal circumstances?

Are circumstances gonna be evenly applied or are only some weirdly skewed Dak's "it's the olines' fault" reasoning be applied?

Hot potato blameball strikes again. This year's version is oline and o coordinator.
Go rewatch that Bengals-Titans divisional playoff game. Burrow did not win it. Tannehill threw that game away.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
There you go spreading more lies to substantiate your Dak hate.

Burrow didn't beat the Titans. Tannehill threw that game away.

Don’t change the goal posts. You said OL/DL is the most critical position on the team.

I shared a factual case of a QB winning recently where the OL performed much worse than ours did— ALL SEASON— and yet instead of discussing it, you once again have to explain it all away to preserve your confirmation bias.

You see what you want to see.

Dre11

Reaction score
I hear you… but great QBs elevate the players around them to perform at their best at the critical moments. Tom Brady is of course the greatest example.

Dak is supposed to be a phenomenal leader. This is “his” team. Why does he not get any blame for not having his offensive teammates more dialed in? Is that ALL on Kellen and MM?

I come back to the QB as the conductor of the orchestra. He is running the show. He is not 100% responsible for everybody’s miscues— and certainly players make mistakes on all teams— but I am also not willing to just give him a pass either. We did not stop the bleeding— the coaches didn’t, the players didn’t, and Dak didn’t.

No they don't, they still need their team to play good football.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Again, who said it was, you can't get that lime out your mouth, it takes everybody as I said earlier.

So have I lol…

Again for the last time— Dak is not solely to blame, but as the QB he bears the most responsibility for how the offense functions.

Dre11

Reaction score
So have I lol…

Again for the last time— Dak is not solely to blame, but as the QB he bears the most responsibility for how the offense functions.

Again, why? Qb is the most dependent position on the field. He doesn't control Penalties, drops, mistakes by others, and they don't control his mistakes, bad read, bad passes, offense work together. What they're paid is the only reason we put them on an island, but that's mainly the Gm's and Owners doung.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Again, why? Qb is the most dependent position on the field. He doesn't control Penalties, drops, mistakes by others, and they don't control his mistakes, bad read, bad passes, offense work together. What they're paid is the only reason we put them on an island, but that's mainly the Gm's and Owners doung.

QBs are responsible to read the D, make/change calls at the line accordingly, call out protections, communicate and orchestrate where WRs and RBs line up etc…

Dak himself, the WRs, the coaches ALL acknowledged communication was a problem. Dak and his teammates could not seem to get on the same page. Dak expected guys to be somewhere else and the timing was off. People want to blame the OL and the WRs— but why does the guy directing traffic and whose hands are on the wheel get a free pass?

To be more specific:

Penalties are a team wide issue and are (in my opinion) — a direct reflection of the coaching staff failing to “get through” to a very young team.

Drops are obviously not Dak’s fault.

What I am more frustrated by and I think Dak is much more responsible for (along with Kellen) are the slow, flat, and sloppy starts. It’s like there are games he needs the first half to “get warmed up.” They come storming back to play catch up in the second half— but they have fallen behind already and come up “just short” in some big moments. Happened vs LVR, AZ, and SF this year.

Why? Why the slow starts? Is it preparation? Is it nerves? And why does it seem to happen more often vs the better teams or teams with a good defense?

Also— Dak holds onto the ball too long and refuses to take the safe throw. He has called himself “greedy”— so this point is actually not up for debate. How many sacks, incompletions, drive stalls etc… are a direct result of Dak trying to make a big play vs just taking what is there? We have all seen the videos of WRs and TEs being wide open but Dak either choosing to not throw to them or (even worse) not even seeing them.

Dak is not the only problem on this offense— but he is a big one and he is affecting things more than most people realize

Dre11

Reaction score
QBs are responsible to read the D, make/change calls at the line accordingly, call out protections, communicate and orchestrate where WRs and RBs line up etc…

Dak himself, the WRs, the coaches ALL acknowledged communication was a problem. Dak and his teammates could not seem to get on the same page. Dak expected guys to be somewhere else and the timing was off. People want to blame the OL and the WRs— but why does the guy directing traffic and whose hands are on the wheel get a free pass?

To be more specific:

Penalties are a team wide issue and are (in my opinion) — a direct reflection of the coaching staff failing to “get through” to a very young team.

Drops are obviously not Dak’s fault.

What I am more frustrated by and I think Dak is much more responsible for (along with Kellen) are the slow, flat, and sloppy starts. It’s like there are games he needs the first half to “get warmed up.” They come storming back to play catch up in the second half— but they have fallen behind already and come up “just short” in some big moments. Happened vs LVR, AZ, and SF this year.

Why? Why the slow starts? Is it preparation? Is it nerves? And why does it seem to happen more often vs the better teams or teams with a good defense?

Also— Dak holds onto the ball too long and refuses to take the safe throw. He has called himself “greedy”— so this point is actually not up for debate. How many sacks, incompletions, drive stalls etc… are a direct result of Dak trying to make a big play vs just taking what is there? We have all seen the videos of WRs and TEs being wide open but Dak either choosing to not throw to them or (even worse) not even seeing them.

Dak is not the only problem on this offense— but he is a big one and he is affecting things more than most people realize[/QUdoing.

This whole book to summarize that it's a team game, in your opinion he's a big problem, that's far from fact. Every player has a job to do on offense, if they all do their jobs, the offense hum, if the defense does what it's supposed to do , the defense hum, Dak is no more of the problem than the rest of the team.

BigD_95

Reaction score

and the smart fanbase lost confidence in Dak

in all seriousness though. Isnt this Dak? He starts off hot looks like he might be MVP then as the season goes along he starts to struggle and eventually looks awful. Last year wasn't the first time we saw this Dak show. Does anyone remember 2019?

Lets just face it Dak is not that good. He puts up crazy numbers against bad teams because of the talent around him.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Don’t change the goal posts. You said OL/DL is the most critical position on the team.

I shared a factual case of a QB winning recently where the OL performed much worse than ours did— ALL SEASON— and yet instead of discussing it, you once again have to explain it all away to preserve your confirmation bias.

You see what you want to see.
You Dak haters are the ones who move the goal posts and deflect. Go rewatch that game. Tannehill threw that game away. Burrow did not win it for the Bengals. Plain and simple.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's a lot more pressure attached to these positions than I can imagine. We see the jubilation after the game and post game interviews but not the stress from criticism in failure....its a lot for young people to deal with.

Im sure they handle it better than I could
They have a TON of support....anything they could ask for from UBER, to lawyers, to best medical care in the world, to financial freedom ...even lower tier make a LOT more money than most of us workin' joes.

But of course they are still human, with all the human failings like any human endeavor. Some of us have nothing (by comparison) and struggle to make it through.

Many of them would be working at Macdonalds and Good Feet Store if not for the game of football. Like the rest of us. I appreciate the commit (and risk) it takes to be a pro athlete but not sure I have any more sympathy for them than anyone else just because of a spotlight.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
and the smart fanbase lost confidence in Dak

in all seriousness though. Isnt this Dak? He starts off hot looks like he might be MVP then as the season goes along he starts to struggle and eventually looks awful. Last year wasn't the first time we saw this Dak show. Does anyone remember 2019?

Lets just face it Dak is not that good. He puts up crazy numbers against bad teams because of the talent around him.

IS it just me or does Dallas seem to have trouble with that as an organization? Just can't ever seem to finish like a boss.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
You Dak haters are the ones who move the goal posts and deflect. Go rewatch that game. Tannehill threw that game away. Burrow did not win it for the Bengals. Plain and simple.

Lol… and Jimmy G tried his best to throw the playoff game away 3 weeks ago. Difference? Burrow made his opportunities count and your hero Dak failed at the 2 min mark and turned the ball over on downs with a chance to win the game. Plain and simple.

shabazz

Reaction score
They have a TON of support....anything they could ask for from UBER, to lawyers, to best medical care in the world, to financial freedom ...even lower tier make a LOT more money than most of us workin' joes.

But of course they are still human, with all the human failings like any human endeavor. Some of us have nothing (by comparison) and struggle to make it through.

Many of them would be working at Macdonalds and Good Feet Store if not for the game of football. Like the rest of us. I appreciate the commit (and risk) it takes to be a pro athlete but not sure I have any more sympathy for them than anyone else just because of a spotlight.

…..oh, free Uber. They’re all set