Video: Arian Foster on Dak "I think he lost confidence in his game"

fivetwos

Reaction score
Yet its not , how team was more able to block and run against those teams hence easier for a qb to function with an actual functioning Line and run support,..got it yet..

you all are hopeless sports idiots not looking deeper into those games Dak had line committing 8 penalties , defense jumping offsides 3times in the 2nd half, no run support, and questionable play calling. Add in drops etc and various other mistakes playing 1st and 20 more than not, well theres your answer, the better teams were able to apply max pressure with a 4 man line meaning they can stop the run and cover with max bodies.made it rather easy to harass the qb is it not..get that flipping narrative flushed down the toilet where it belongs,
You're not wrong.

No QB could win despite all that.

People just think that because he makes 40 million a year he should be able to carry the team by himself.

It's amazing how much time is spent discussing and arguing a simple reality......

Dak Prescott isn't great and isn't terrible. He needs to be used correctly and needs support.

There's no QB that doesn't need both of those things but because he makes 40 million that shouldn't be the case.

It's not Prescotts fault that people above him think he can and should be featured.

IMO he is a high end bus driver, and thats not an insult.

The fact that he is paid as elite is because the FO botched the situation and backed themselves into a corner.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
you can keep copy and pasting that all off season and it still leaves out the real answers. it should bever have some to that and the team gets the plaque for choking not just dak,..far more to do with my list then dak and not close.

And this where we disagree brother. No game will ever be perfect. Penalties, injuries, officiating etc… adversity is going to strike.

It was all there for Dak to seize the moment and lead us to an ugly win. That was his moment to step up. Did you not watch Mahomes, Allen, and Burrow step up and make huge plays to position their team for a win?

I realize the Bills lost their game in KC— but the QB did his job— and so did Mahomes. It’s not just that we lost — it’s how we lost. And it’s about a failure to execute under pressure and in big moments against top competition.

Due to Dak’s contract— we will have a lesser talented roster next year. Other teams will improve. We likely won’t be as fortunate in regards to health as we were at the end of the season.

The point? Dak will likely not have as much in his favor as he did this year. This was very likely the best shot we had at a deep playoff run. And the same issues we struggled with earlier came up again:

Slow start
Sloppy execution
Mental mistakes
Poor communication
Predictable playcalling

I see nothing in the immediate future that indicates positive change is coming. Hell— JJ has simultaneously kept that status quo— AND neutered his HC at the same time lol

Dre11

Reaction score
I never claimed the man couldn’t win— or that no one else is to blame for our struggles. If you go back through and read my posts— you’ll see that, as well as my opinion on what we can do to actually maximize our chances of winning with Dak.

The problem is plenty of posters put words in other people’s mouths, throw out personal insults, instead of just having a normal conversation lol…

As I said earlier— I don’t hate Dak. And I don’t blame him for every bad thing that has happened in the playoffs. But he has failed to deliver in some key moments for us— and I am not letting him off the hook for that either.

We need more from Dak… and if we get more, I think the rest of the team steps up their game as well.

No the problem is many posters here. Label, penalties, drops , and other issues with this team as excuses as if it doesn't affect the qb play, just as the qb play can affect the team, just because he makes 40 million, and it's asinine. There's more people in this thread who think Dak is the issue, who is unwilling to have the conversation that it's a team issue, No we need more form everybody, not just Dak. Dak just playing better ain't chaning penalties, missed assignments drops, play calling. There's the problem with that thinking.

Dre11

Reaction score
And this where we disagree brother. No game will ever be perfect. Penalties, injuries, officiating etc… adversity is going to strike.

It was all there for Dak to seize the moment and lead us to an ugly win. That was his moment to step up. Did you not watch Mahomes, Allen, and Burrow step up and make huge plays to position their team for a win?

I realize the Bills lost their game in KC— but the QB did his job— and so did Mahomes. It’s not just that we lost — it’s how we lost. And it’s about a failure to execute under pressure and in big moments against top competition.

Due to Dak’s contract— we will have a lesser talented roster next year. Other teams will improve. We likely won’t be as fortunate in regards to health as we were at the end of the season.

The point? Dak will likely not have as much in his favor as he did this year. This was very likely the best shot we had at a deep playoff run. And the same issues we struggled with earlier came up again:

Slow start
Sloppy execution
Mental mistakes
Poor communication
Predictable playcalling

I see nothing in the immediate future that indicates positive change is coming. Hell— JJ has simultaneously kept that status quo— AND neutered his HC at the same time lol
Of course no game is perfect, and you will win some and lose some, but when they're as bad as games like the playoff game. You're not winning, I don't care who the qb is.

Dre11

Reaction score

Slow start
Sloppy execution
Mental mistakes
Poor communication
Predictable playcalling

Did you see 12-5 this year, a lot people had us 9-8 and no better than 10-7.
My point, each year is a different year and the same way they found players last season they can do the same this season. Teams claiming to be cap strapped seems to do every season

blueblood70

Reaction score
The point? DakX/ The TEAM will likely not have as much in his favor as he did this year. This was very likely the best shot we had at a deep playoff run. And the same issues we struggled with earlier came up again:

the teams ,

Slow start
Sloppy execution
Mental mistakes
Poor communication
Predictable playcalling
fixed it for ya!

sorry you are wrong this game the one most are discussing 14 penalties are not something to overlook and disregard! thats not normal that tops in the league in mistakes.

sorry but these are NOT small issues these are large!

Its not ok to ignore them and blame THE QB but it makes you a sprots idiot, like blaming aa hitter making 240mil for not getting 10 runs by himself because his other gave up 9 runs much like can't blame the pitcher for losing 1-0 because his high priced pitcher didn't get run and the team itself only scored 1 run lmao.. some games yes players have to overcome mistakes, true, but not a ridiculous amount of mistakes that obviously torpedoes the game offense, defense, coaching and Sts lead to 6 point loss,. Imagine 6 less penalties and a few better play calls, i say we win..hard to play 1st and 20 nearly all game. Sorry but that's not overcoming usual mistakes, dak Mahomes no qb could overcome that many TEAM MISCUES.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Of course no game is perfect, and you will win some and lose some, but when they're as bad as games like the playoff game. You're not winning, I don't care who the qb is.

I hear you… but great QBs elevate the players around them to perform at their best at the critical moments. Tom Brady is of course the greatest example.

Dak is supposed to be a phenomenal leader. This is “his” team. Why does he not get any blame for not having his offensive teammates more dialed in? Is that ALL on Kellen and MM?

I come back to the QB as the conductor of the orchestra. He is running the show. He is not 100% responsible for everybody’s miscues— and certainly players make mistakes on all teams— but I am also not willing to just give him a pass either. We did not stop the bleeding— the coaches didn’t, the players didn’t, and Dak didn’t.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Did you see 12-5 this year, a lot people had us 9-8 and no better than 10-7.
My point, each year is a different year and the same way they found players last season they can do the same this season. Teams claiming to be cap strapped seems to do every season

I hope you’re right. The cynic in me says “I have seen this movie before.”

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
sorry you are wrong this game the one most are discussing 14 penalties are not something to overlook and disregard! thats not normal that tops in the league in mistakes.

sorry but these are NOT small issues these are large!

Its not ok to ignore them and blame THE QB but it makes you a sprots idiot, like blaming aa hitter making 240mil for not getting 10 runs by himself because his other gave up 9 runs much like can't blame the pitcher for losing 1-0 because his high priced pitcher didn't get run and the team itself only scored 1 run lmao.. some games yes players have to overcome mistakes, true, but not a ridiculous amount of mistakes that obviously torpedoes the game offense, defense, coaching and Sts lead to 6 point loss,. Imagine 6 less penalties and a few better play calls, i say we win..hard to play 1st and 20 nearly all game. Sorry but that's not overcoming usual mistakes, dak Mahomes no qb could overcome that many TEAM MISCUES.

You act like those “team mistakes” are occurring in a vacuum around Dak. Who is the one calling the shots, motioning people around, reading the defense, communicating etc…?

He is conducting the offense— and yet you seem to blame everybody BUT him for the sloppy play and poor execution.

IMO— he is not “solely” responsible. But he bears the most responsibility because of his position

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Yet its not , how team was more able to block and run against those teams hence easier for a qb to function with an actual functioning Line and run support,..got it yet..

you all are hopeless sports idiots not looking deeper into those games Dak had line committing 8 penalties , defense jumping offsides 3times in the 2nd half, no run support, and questionable play calling. Add in drops etc and various other mistakes playing 1st and 20 more than not, well theres your answer, the better teams were able to apply max pressure with a 4 man line meaning they can stop the run and cover with max bodies.made it rather easy to harass the qb is it not..get that flipping narrative flushed down the toilet where it belongs,
:hammer::hammer:

blueblood70

Reaction score
You act like those “team mistakes” are occurring in a vacuum around Dak. Who is the one calling the shots, motioning people around, reading the defense, communicating etc…?

He is conducting the offense— and yet you seem to blame everybody BUT him for the sloppy play and poor execution.

no ones acting, its facts,,this is the biggest team game of all organized sports and while your stars should and can overcome some mistakes , they can not overcome that many!
nonsense blaming dak for that 9ers or raiders loss, its ridiculous. the facts are we are losing by small margin so despite those mistakes our teams talent is Better than most wan t to claim, yet mentally not sure where they are, as we should have lost by 14 in many games yet lost by 2, 3, 3, 6, 10, etc daks has had few poor games he should have played better like Denver but doubt that would have helped as like josh allen lost playing great his defense/st coaching failed him , a loss is a loss, when you have kicker miss xps, kicks, have defenses that some games like Denver couldn't stop and any like 9eras walked up and scored on their fiorst 4 drives, did they punt in the first half? you can not expect nay qb to overcome that mess, like blaming zeke for playing on one leg the back half with no OL opening holes in the run game also busted azz narrative..emotional and hollow hater debates will get replies you dont like if you take facts out of it.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Agree to disagree. Burrow got sacked 9 times and won
disagreed his defense came out the 2nd half and turned Mahomes into Dilfer and they won that game Moreso then burrows. He at least had run support and his receivers stepping up and making big plays like his kicker who truly is the MVP of that team int he playoffs, sorry but its true., those games came down to those clutch kicks and xps, he misses one in any of those games i bet they lose..,soem of its was burrow's but his team made up for a weak part of the

again, its team game brah..stop using only he qb as the barometer ie goat or hero..i watched the tale of two halves , cinci looked bad the first half while KC looked destined for the sb and that second half the DEFENSE and kicker came through..they gave Burrows more shots at moving the ball and scoring despite the OL.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score

This applies to every playoff loss Dak has been involved in. People are fooled by the plays he did make to the point of ignoring the bigtime plays he crapped the bed on. Difference making and legacy defining plays which win the close games.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
no ones acting, its facts,,this is the biggest team game of all organized sports and while your stars should and can overcome some mistakes , they can not overcome that many!
nonsense blaming dak for that 9ers or raiders loss, its ridiculous. the facts are we are losing by small margin so despite those mistakes our teams talent is Better than most wan t to claim, yet mentally not sure where they are, as we should have lost by 14 in many games yet lost by 2, 3, 3, 6, 10, etc daks has had few poor games he should have played better like Denver but doubt that would have helped as like josh allen lost playing great his defense/st coaching failed him , a loss is a loss, when you have kicker miss xps, kicks, have defenses that some games like Denver couldn't stop and any like 9eras walked up and scored on their fiorst 4 drives, did they punt in the first half? you can not expect nay qb to overcome that mess, like blaming zeke for playing on one leg the back half with no OL opening holes in the run game also busted azz narrative..emotional and hollow hater debates will get replies you dont like if you take facts out of it.

I will respectfully agree to disagree— and we can both move on to a different topic.

You claim Dak can’t play well with all the mistakes people are making around him, I say as the QB— the offense is a direct reflection of his performance as a leader and conductor.

Again— he is not the only one to blame. But he bears the most responsibility as the QB.

In the end— as a Cowboys fan since the 80’s— I hope we fix the issues and win. I am not “anti” Dak— I will always root for our QB. But I am also not blind and willing to give him a pass for his performance.

75boyz

Reaction score
Agree to disagree. Burrow got sacked 9 times and won

It seems there is contradictory culpability in comparing Dallas QB play and that of KC and Cincinatti.

In KC's case in this year's offseason alone 3 draftees and 2 FAs replaced the 5 starting olinemen from the '20 season.

In Cincinatti's case, the oline gave up 51 recorded regular seasons sacks, 9 divisional round sacks to the Titans. I am not including hits taken during the regular or playoffs here.

So...
In either scenario did not the QB raise both his and his entire team's level of play around him so as to actually lead the team instead of being totally dependent on ideal circumstances?

Are circumstances gonna be evenly applied or are only some weirdly skewed Dak's "it's the olines' fault" reasoning be applied?

Hot potato blameball strikes again. This year's version is oline and o coordinator.

Last edited:

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
You are interjecting into a conversation between me and AmericasCowboy. Are you pissy as he is because I don’t diminish Prescott’s flaws and limitations.

Why are you even commenting on my discussion with another poster? But whatever… if you guys want to defend Dak and blame everybody else for our struggles- I respect your right to your opinion.

For the record— I too blame all parties involved— yet leave plenty of room for the QB to shoulder his part of the blame— seeing as how he plays the most critical position on the team, is paid accordingly, and is supposed to be a great leader of men.

What did Parcells say, "You/We got sucked"!