Article about Extreme Skins (funny)

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Did you guys hear Rome interviewing John Feinstein about the Mike Nolan ice cream incident from several years ago? If it hasn't already been discussed, I'll put up a post on it that I did on another forum. I'd never heard the story before, and to me it really put a whole new light on what a classless jerk Snyder.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab said:
Did you guys hear Rome interviewing John Feinstein about the Mike Nolan ice cream incident from several years ago? If it hasn't already been discussed, I'll put up a post on it that I did on another forum. I'd never heard the story before, and to me it really put a whole new light on what a classless jerk Snyder.

Its new to me, post it.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab said:

I'd love to hear it.

I don't have a problem with Arts homerism or the Skins running Extremeskin ... but he shouldn't be in the press box at games. If he wants to be in the owners box, fine. But not the press box.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
For any Cowboy fan who's spent any time at all over at ES, this article is great.

Art, in particular, gets under my skin. He'll write a huge, long paper on why a media member is wrong. When the media was ripping the skins for trading away all they did for Jason Campbell and for letting the rest of the NFL know their plans days ahead of the draft, he was in emergency spin mode.

I should go dig Art's post up. It was freakin funny. He makes up this elaborate conspiracy that shows how everything went according to plan for the skins. How, if anything, they fleeced the Bronco's out of picks. How they would be much better off using that pick on a QB a year early... they basically were gaining a year of experience for him and the Broncos were to be thanked.

Oh, he also said they're in great shape with their salary cap.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
InmanRoshi said:
I don't have a problem with Arts homerism or the Skins running Extremeskin ... but he shouldn't be in the press box at games. If he wants to be in the owners box, fine. But not the press box.
You don't think this is good press etiquette and hard newswriting? :rolleyes:

“Monday, Sept. 19, Brunell to MOSS TD—Now we’re obnoxious. Mediamembers looking at us. Screw them. YES BABY!!!!!!!! We sprint down to sidelines now.”

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
junk said:
I wish he would. That would be simply outstanding. It'd be a weekly watch to see which one tossed the other out of the front of the press box onto unsuspecting fans below.

Guy: Hey, you went to the Cowboys game, how was it?
Cowboys Fan: Fine, until I got hit on the head with a Nors.

Guy: What the heck is a "Nors"?
Cowboys Fan: Look under 3-4 in the dictionary. I think he invented it.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
That was a great read!!!!!!!!!

Art once told Skins posters that "their job" was "to support the team".

A lot easier to look at it that way when you're getting paid to, as he is.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
You don't think this is good press etiquette and hard newswriting? :rolleyes:

You should go over to ES and read Art's writeup from when he goes to the game. It's soooo funny. Seriously.

He writes about how all the fans think he's with the team because he's in "Full Commanders Gear" at the team hotel. How fans come up to him and ask all these questions.

Seriously, he said chicks come up to him and want a piece of "The Art". His words, lol.

He wrote something like, "there are two ways to get laid: Make a lot of money and make chicks think you work for the team." Not an exact quote, but close.

Reading it was a barrel of laughs. He talks about being in the lockerroom after losing to KC and how "We" need to do this and do that. He also said he just didn't want to bother Santana Moss, Brunell and Arrington after a loss... so he decided not to bug them for an interview. He was hurting just as much as them.

Ah, I have to find it and re-read it. It was classic. He thinks he's so much more than he is...

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
That was a great read!!!!!!!!!

Art once told Skins posters that "their job" was "to support the team".

A lot easier to look at it that way when you're getting paid to, as he is.

If I was paid to post on a message board and get free reign at the games, I would be the biggest blind "homer" on the planet.

Champsheart

Reaction score
You have got to be kidding me. And Commander Fans and their orginization always wonder why Football Fans all across the Country call them Idiots.

They just make it way to obvious. Too Funny!

Honestly there almost is a small part of me that feels sorry for them.

OK that was a lie, but you know.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I will be sending Mr. Mckenna a Christmas card. That was funny.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Alexander said:
If I was paid to post on a message board and get free reign at the games, I would be the biggest blind "homer" on the planet.
Maybe.

But unless you were getting paid a king's ransom, my guess is you'd soon chafe at seconding Synder's self-interested vendettas, Alex. I really can't see you sucking up to Ramsey one day, Brunnell the next, either. Or making winning comparisons with the 85 Bears.

Yes Men are born not made, imo.

At the very least you'd be accepting your pay with one hand and upchucking in the other.

Which reminds me, imagine Winicki forced into that line of work?

'We're gonna take a hellacious.......errrr...victory." :rolleyes:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Jarv said:
What, no mention of Wacky Ralph ?
As a fellow wacky Ralph conspirator I am just as offended. Mr. McKenna is obviously a man of principle. Perhaps he just didn't know the tale.

:grin:

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Hostile said:
As a fellow wacky Ralph conspirator I am just as offended. Mr. McKenna is obviously a man of principle. Perhaps he just didn't know the tale.

Or its too emarrassing to tell...lol

Hows it going Hos.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Jarv said:
Or its too emarrassing to tell...lol

Hows it going Hos.
Be better if I had 1500 ccs to hop on when I get off work. Perfect weather for a ride.

How about yourself?

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Be better if I had 1500 ccs to hop on when I get off work. Perfect weather for a ride.

How about yourself?

Working tonight and tomorrow, raining tomorrow, clears up here in the afternoon Sunday...Go figure. Been shutout 2 weekends in a row now. My fellow riders just don't understand 4 PM Sunday is off limits.

Looks like I'll hopefully be gearing up for the mountains and foliage next weekend. Last chance if you want to come up.

http://www.weather.com/activities/o....html?locid=06896&from=36hr_topnav_undeclared

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Hostile said:

I don't know the tale... care to share?

lspain1

Reaction score
Who said we fans must depend upon the "mainstream" media to get news and information about our teams? Pretty much every week, we see examples of poor work by the beat writers to our chosen team. While Extremeskins has a bit of the strange about it, I always find myself entertained and informed when I stop in.

I applaud Snyder for the move and I find nothing unethical about a team official bashing the media. The important point to make is not that a team official might have made disparaging remarks but was he correct? Snyder made a judgement that he would not get a fair shake by the media in Washington (who'd a thunk it!) and he acted. Good for him! The print media in general (my apologizes to Mac and JFE) deserve our contempt far more than Extremeskins or Snyder in this regard.

I often laugh at Extremeskins and the sadly misguided fans of the Indigenous Persons, but I support the idea all the same!