As great as they are, we’re a bad matchup for the Saints

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Want a sig bet on outcome? One of us includes: I underestimated New Orleans, the other: I underestimated the Cowboys (terms, in signature block for a week)

Sure. Don’t get me wrong, I do think we’ve got a punchers chance in this one. I just have a healthy respect for Brees and how he’s playing right now. They score enough to make teams one dimensional pretty quick.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
The only hope looking at their schedule this year is we can emulate the Ravens game. They have a somewhat similar team and are one of only 2 teams to hold them under 30 this year. The whole defense needs to play good, but the safety play and Chido/Brown are probably going to be the key positions to watch.

zekecowboy

Reaction score
https://news.sportsinteraction.com/nfl/story/saints-vs-cowboys-odds-prediction-112918-19728

New Orleans
10-1

new-orleans-saints-300x300.png

AT
  • Matchup Odds
    Tied with the Rams for the NFL’s best record at 10-1, the Saints are a foregone conclusion to win the NFC South Division for the second straight year (could this week) but have their eyes on the conference’s top seed. They do hold the head-to-head tiebreaker over L.A. and are on a 10-game winning streak, easily the longest in the NFL. How did the Saints lose Week 1 at home to Tampa Bay!?!

NFL Point Spread and Betting Analysis
    Line History
    Time Fav Line Total
    Opening: 26 Nov, 5:05 PM NO -7.5 -110 o +53 -110
    Current: 26 Nov, 5:14 PM NO -7 -110 o +53 -110
    Dallas is tied with Washington atop the NFC East, but the Commanders recently lost starting QB Alex Smith for the season so that division is likely the Cowboys’ to lose – although the defending Super Bowl champion Eagles could still have a say as they are just a game back. Dallas looked in major trouble following an ugly performance on Monday night in a Week 9 loss to the Titans but has turned it around.
    New Orleans has won nine of the past 11 in this series, but they haven’t played since 2015. That means the Saints haven’t seen Cowboys QB Dak Prescott or one of the NFL’s top running backs in Ezekiel Elliott.

The home team is 4-1 ATS in the past five meetings.

New Orleans Saints
    The Saints’ 10-game winning streak is not a franchise record. That would be 13, as the 2009 team started 13-0. That club won the franchise’s only Super Bowl in its lone appearance to date. The past five in the current run all have been won by double digits. It was 31-17 on Thanksgiving night over Atlanta. New Orleans was thin at receiver due to injury, and all Drew Brees did was throw TD passes to guys named Tommylee Lewis, Austin Carr, Dan Arnold and Keith Kirkwood.

Don’t fret if you’ve never heard of them: All four entered the league within the past three years as undrafted free agents. New Orleans failed to cover the spread in its first two games this year and has in each since.

Saints Team Leaders
    + Open- Close
    Touchdowns Drew Brees 32
    Rushing Alvin Kamara 706
    Passing Drew Brees 3135
    Receiving Michael Thomas 86
    Sacks Cameron Jordan 8
    Interceptions Marcus Williams 2
    Dallas Cowboys
    Not many teams are run-first in today’s NFL, but the Cowboys are behind Elliott. They improved to 5-1 this year when he has 100 yards rushing as Elliott finished with 121 and a TD in the 31-23 Thanksgiving win over Washington. Elliott added five catches. The NFL’s leading rusher will be tested by the league’s No. 1 rush defence.

Amari Cooper, recently acquired in trade from Oakland, had his best game as a Cowboy by far with eight catches for 180 yards and two scores. Giving up a 2019 first-round pick for Cooper doesn’t look so bad now. Dallas still has very little other than Cooper at receiver.

Cowboys Team Leaders
    + Open- Close
    Touchdowns Dak Prescott 18
    Rushing Ezekiel Elliott 1074
    Passing Dak Prescott 2427
    Receiving Ezekiel Elliott 47
    Sacks Demarcus Lawrence 8.5
    Interceptions Leighton Vander Esch 2
    Weather
    No weather to report.

Injuries
    + Open- Close
    • new-orleans-saints-60x60.png

New Orleans
      Dan ArnoldTE Ques thurs - Chest - 26 / 11 / 18

Wil LutzK Ques thurs - Back - 26 / 11 / 18

Tre'quan SmithWR Ques thurs - Foot - 19 / 11 / 18

• dallas-cowboys-60x60.png

Dallas
      Allen HurnsWR Ques thurs - Thumb - 26 / 11 / 18

Xavier Su'a-FiloG Ques thurs - Ankle - 26 / 11 / 18

Adam RedmondC Prob thurs - Concussion - 20 / 11 / 18
    Saints vs. Cowboys Prediction
    • new-orleans-saints-300x300.png

NEW ORLEANS SAINTS
    • dallas-cowboys-300x300.png

DALLAS COWBOYS

RS12

Reaction score
If the Cowboys get down two scores, typically the staff M O is to throw the playbook out the window and start chuckin it. So it needs to stay close particularly early because I dont like the Cowboys chances in a Brees/ Dak shootout.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
We need to be DETERMINED to succeed at running. It’s on Linehan. If he calls the right game, we CAN win.
Prey to the Gads... or:
Pray to the Gods!

Or pray to your God.

Linehan isn't even trusted in his own rooms by his own underlings. Pretty evident in that Amazon show.
Except for Kellen... He loves his daddy.

Staubacher

Reaction score
New Orleans has covered the spread in 9 straight games? Vegas doesn't like trends that obvious. I think the Cowboys are a good bet at +7 at home and playing well lately

droopdog7

Reaction score
Agree to some extent. But their run D is stout. If we can’t run the ball doubtful we can sustain drives.
Is there run D actually good or is it that teams don’t run on them because their always behind? The key, I think, is to stay ahead if we can. Don’t want to be playing catch up.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
So its easy money then , saints are favored by 7 points and the cowboys will win the game .

Zman5

Reaction score
Agree to some extent. But their run D is stout. If we can’t run the ball doubtful we can sustain drives.

We'll find out how stout it really is on Thursday. EaGirls' run defense was ranked #2 when we played them and Zeke ate them up. Packer's run defense was #1 in 2016 when we played them and Zeke ate that day too. Neither team allowed a 100yards rushing before we played them.

sideon

Reaction score
I wouldn't call the Saints great yet. The season still has a lot left to play out. They are red hot and have won 10 straight. We had a similar run in 2016 and lost first playoff game.

They will cool off at least a little at some point. Hopefully Thursday
If they're not great after 10 straight then what are the Cowboys after 3 straight against bad teams?

CCBoy

Reaction score
Prey to the Gads... or:
Pray to the Gods!

Or pray to your God.

Linehan isn't even trusted in his own rooms by his own underlings. Pretty evident in that Amazon show.
Except for Kellen... He loves his daddy.

Gad was one of the original 12 Jewish tribes in the Bible.

Bizwah

Reaction score
I love our defense, but we are awfully young. Brees will probably be able to manipulate things. As well as they’ve played this season, our defense just doesn’t seem to slam the door on anyone.

Watson drove on us easily when he had to. Mariota had an easy game after the first quarter. Even during our wins we gave up easy end of game touchdowns to Stafford, Ryan, and Wentz.

Brees has the potential to toy with this defense.

Make no mistake, this is our toughest test.

Aven8

Reaction score
If I had my guess Sean will have plenty of tricks up his sleeve. Remember when he killed us with Wade with the swing pass out of the backfield years ago? It was embarrassing and so simple.

Bizwah

Reaction score
If I had my guess Sean will have plenty of tricks up his sleeve. Remember when he killed us with Wade with the swing pass out of the backfield years ago? It was embarrassing and so simple.
Their RBs do scare me. Either running or receiving they are very good.

We have not covered TEs well lately. That could be where Payton really attacks us.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Their RBs do scare me. Either running or receiving they are very good.

We have not covered TEs well lately. That could be where Payton really attacks us.

Their tight end is adequate, not dominant.