As great as they are, we’re a bad matchup for the Saints

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Unless you’re Tampa Bay in week one, you aren’t going to beat the Saints in a shootout. You need a running game that will eat the clock and keep Drew Brees off the field as long as possible, and a quarterback that won’t turn the ball over and give them any extra possessions. On defense, you need athletic linebackers that can cover Kamara sideline-to-sideline, as well as physical corners that can man their possession receivers straight up. We have the personnel on both sides of the ball to limit their explosiveness. Coaching is the main reason why we’re rightfully the underdogs, but if anybody has the makings to upset this Saints team while they’re hitting on all cylinders, it’s us. This could be 2009 all over again.

If we could drive down the field on almost every possession (one or two misses at most) with an 10- to 11-play drive and score TDs, then we'd be a bad matchup for New Orleans. Because we can't, a team that can score prolifically is a bad matchup for us.

Broges74

JerryJonesMustGo
Reaction score
Agree to some extent. But their run D is stout. If we can’t run the ball doubtful we can sustain drives.
That's the rub right there. We have to be able to run and things might get nasty if we don't put up points early. As good of a D that we have, we are going to give up 30+. They're just too good on O with too many ways to move the ball and a great offensive minded coach.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Want a sig bet on outcome? One of us includes: I underestimated New Orleans, the other: I underestimated the Cowboys (terms, in signature block for a week)
Sure. Don’t get me wrong, I do think we’ve got a punchers chance in this one. I just have a healthy respect for Brees and how he’s playing right now. They score enough to make teams one dimensional pretty quick.

Nice!!! I haven't seen a sig bet in a long time.

Dylan88Wilson

Reaction score
Some of you cowboys fans need to seek some serious help for your delusion. Comparing the saints to teams that they blew out by 40 + points whom the cowboys barely queaked out a victory against. Thursday cant get here soon enough. The Saints are the Golden St Warriors of the Nfl and brees is Steph curry. 10 other teams prior to the cowboys had the same game plans and see how that worked out. I keep seeing posters saying yall have the defense to stop brees when you barely beat the sorry qbs in your victories. Brees is a machine this year. Another insult is saying cooper will need to be doubled...My God..do you know who the defensive Rookie of the year / Pro Bowl Cb is who will shadow him? His name is Marshon Lattimore. Please throw at him and thats if you have time..our d line has been beast this year led by cam jordan. Dak holds onto that ball waaay too long and he will get rocked...None of your Lbs can stay with AK..No matter what your telling yourself. This will be a reality check for a bunch of you.
Looks like them delusional Cowboys fans were right. Who dat ✭

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Some of you cowboys fans need to seek some serious help for your delusion. Comparing the saints to teams that they blew out by 40 + points whom the cowboys barely queaked out a victory against. Thursday cant get here soon enough. The Saints are the Golden St Warriors of the Nfl and brees is Steph curry. 10 other teams prior to the cowboys had the same game plans and see how that worked out. I keep seeing posters saying yall have the defense to stop brees when you barely beat the sorry qbs in your victories. Brees is a machine this year. Another insult is saying cooper will need to be doubled...My God..do you know who the defensive Rookie of the year / Pro Bowl Cb is who will shadow him? His name is Marshon Lattimore. Please throw at him and thats if you have time..our d line has been beast this year led by cam jordan. Dak holds onto that ball waaay too long and he will get rocked...None of your Lbs can stay with AK..No matter what your telling yourself. This will be a reality check for a bunch of you.
Hey,BOY!,,, WHERE YOU AT TONIGHT?,,,, HUMMMmmmm?o_O

* mouthy puffed up punk MO-FO,,, coming IN here ALL FULL OF YERSELF & EXPELLING outta' YER' large caliber exhaust sphincteric split CHEEKED orifice valve assembly controling yer' inner CASING-LINER:cool:

:lmao::starspin::lmao: