As of right now we are not close to competing for anything come next year

stiletto

Reaction score
I'm generally down to reality but I'll say this, if we can get Tyron back and healthy and keep Zeke for 16 games, we can compete with every team in the NFL. We need a lot of work but the team is not totally destitute....last year was a nightmare in so many ways. Just need some things to fall in line and a really good draft.

WLJG

Reaction score
I am a critic. I am a huge critic of the GM and the coaching staff. But football is hard to predict. When Romo went down in 2016 I thought the team would have a terrible year but they won 13 games. So, as of right now I am optimistic .... cautiously optimistic. That football is a funny thing that bounces weirdly and everyone is starting the season tied for first. No team has won or lost anything yet. Like all teams the Cowboys have their strengths and their issues. Let's just wait and see.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
we are not close to competing for anything come next year. am I throwing in the towel? NO. let me repeat. NO

games have to be played. teams off season additions may not always work out.

but Eagles are the champs and they get Wentz back. Minn. had a great defense added a good QB and they will get Darwin back. Rams are loading up and have added some nice pieces and they had some nice young pieces already. assuming those three are class of the division.,

so that leaves Cowboys, GB, Carolina, Seattle, Falcons, NO as the group to fight for 3 spots. which basically leaves us fighting for twoof the final spots. right now we are behind all of those teams. yes we get Zeke back and that will make a lot of difference. but its an uphill battle.

again, not throwing in the towel. just based on the off season. yes, draft to come but everyone always claims draft made them better and my draftee is better than yours.

The Eagles imploded the year before when their right tackle got suspended. It's not like their GM and that organization has mastered offseason acquisitions. They had one good year. Good for them.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
2017 Eagles were 2016 Cowboys 2.0.......only difference, they were better prepared for the postseason/playoffs. Guarantee 2018 will be a tougher season for them.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
When i look at the teams ahead of us in NFC I see teams with a much better defense and or QB.

The Cowboys only strength is our running game. I’m not sure why that provides us with any confidence to overtake them?

ESisback

Reaction score
we are not close to competing for anything come next year. am I throwing in the towel? NO. let me repeat. NO

games have to be played. teams off season additions may not always work out.

but Eagles are the champs and they get Wentz back. Minn. had a great defense added a good QB and they will get Darwin back. Rams are loading up and have added some nice pieces and they had some nice young pieces already. assuming those three are class of the division.,

so that leaves Cowboys, GB, Carolina, Seattle, Falcons, NO as the group to fight for 3 spots. which basically leaves us fighting for twoof the final spots. right now we are behind all of those teams. yes we get Zeke back and that will make a lot of difference. but its an uphill battle.

again, not throwing in the towel. just based on the off season. yes, draft to come but everyone always claims draft made them better and my draftee is better than yours.

Throw San Fran in the mix.

coult44

Reaction score
We're not far enough away for post like this either. This is a year to year league.

It's a year to year league unless your the Cowboys. Based off of the past 368 regular season games , there is about a zero percent chance of winning a Super Bowl next year. By the time August gets here, I'll find a way to make that a 50% chance.

waving monkey

Reaction score
Nellie had the defense playing well toward the end of the season last year.
The offense remained more problematic because of pressure on Dak.
Stop the pressure from the left side of the line add more balance and speed from the receivers we'll be scoring more points.
Luckily we have revamped the issues at offensive line coaching and receivers coach.
Cant wait for training camp.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
2017 Eagles were 2016 Cowboys 2.0.......only difference, they were better prepared for the postseason/playoffs. Guarantee 2018 will be a tougher season for them.

No. Only difference is they didn’t have to play Green Bay because Rodgers broke his collarbone bone. They played two bad teams then had the game of their life against the Pats.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
tumblr_n12po1ywn81trty0oo1_400.gif

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
My expectations for the Cowboys are nothing extraordinary. I'll sit on my recliner in the living room and enjoy seeing them compete, win or lose. I would encourage those of you who hold a grudge for them not meeting your lofty expectations to cool it and temper your expectations to accommodate reality. You'll appreciate your fandom infinitely more upon doing so and won't regret it. Try it -- you'll like it! ;)

Last edited: