As of right now we are not close to competing for anything come next year

GMO415

Reaction score
Wait and see. We can have all the talent in the world and JG fails to make the most of it.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Wait and see. We can have all the talent in the world and JG fails to make the most of it.

If we can just stay healthy then we don't have to lean on him.

We'll get no advantages but we have a pretty good roster and the top guys on the team can overcome this coaching.

If we have a few injuries then it's over for us though. Garrett will tell a guy who is not capable of winning his 1 on 1 to win his 1 on 1 and we will slowly watch the season slip away.

Reactions: CWR

ShiningStar

Reaction score
as of this month......correct.

still a lot to do and see.

Last year yes last year this time we were completely out of it. I stand by that. This year we have some new coaches and hopefully will see some changes. Lets see what happens.

kuyyo_morro

Reaction score
Cleveland Browns or Dallas Cowboys will not be in Superbowl this season. Except for Cowboys, funny thing is which team pumps up their lower level coaches lol.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Whats the point of stupid threads like this? Does it make the OP feel better trying to convince everyone else that we have no chance this year?

Jeebus I hate our fanbase.
just an opinion, observation. right now I just don't feel we are in a place to compete with some of the other teams. I don't expect nor really propose to go ape-Sh_t in FA. but also that last year we were behind all those teams. as much as we want to think we improved. so did they. What I don't see from this FO and coaching staff is a true direction or plan. we seem to be stuck in neutral, staying the same while obviously others seem to have moved forward. you can't deny what philly did. they beat the mighty patriots with Foles. they made small critical moves same as us. they kicked our arse twice last year. Minn as the defense. we beat them, but they improved offensively. Rams kicked our arse in our house and have added several critical pieces. we can't beat GB in our own house. Again, I don't see a true direction, identity or plan with this FO or Coaching staff.

and again. not throwing in the towel. games have to be played. but based on everything so far, we got a long way to go to catch up with everybody else in the NFC

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You're not allowed to throw in the towel then say you're not throwing in the towel.
not throwing in the towel. but where are we with respect to rest of NFC. what do we have to do to get on top of NFC? if you don't properly assess your own state, then you don't know what you have to do to move forward. we have made some moves to cover apparent weaknesses, yes, draft has to happen (for everyone). at this point, prior to draft, based on FA and where we are, we are middle of the pack in the NFC.

games to be played.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
There is a reason they actually play the games
no one denies that.

at this point. where do we rank compared to the rest of NFC? what do we need to get towards the top? yes, the draft. post draft (and 31 other teams will draft too), where we rank.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
No. Only difference is they didn’t have to play Green Bay because Rodgers broke his collarbone bone. They played two bad teams then had the game of their life against the Pats.

Minn. wasn't bad. they had the best defense in the league. they dismantled Minn.

GroundZero1970

Reaction score
We can compete with any team in the league...we were 13-3 the year before last. Major suspensions and injuries last year that werent handled well. And teams dont typically win the nfc east two years in a row lately. So yes we can absolutely compete for the big game.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I think you are way off. Wentz is unknown right now. Not only that but they lost some more pieces. Add in that the NFC East hasn't had a repeat champ in a very long time I see eagles taken a step back. Teams always look to knock off the reigning Champs and that makes it much harder to repeat.

With all the suspensions and distractions we had last year we went 9-7 and had a chance going into the 2nd to last game of the season.

We have upgraded at receiver.
The young guys Dak, Zeke, Awuzie, Lewis, Switzer, La'el, Irving, Lawrence, Jaylon, Woods, Brown, Taco and Gregory should all improve.
Position coaches have been upgraded as well.
FB has been upgraded.
Swing tackle is upgraded and so is the depth on the OL. Just need a LG now.

Sure we could struggle but I'm willing to bet we will be in the hunt. Minnesota is very good but look what Philly did to them. Not only that but Cousins can't beat Dak or Dallas.

Don't panic, we still have some holes on the team but we will be a better team next year. Just enjoy it
I don't think Wentz is an unknown. yes, he had injury, but prior to injury he was in the MVP conversation. remains to be seen how he rebounds....

we feel we improved.

so does every other team...all 31 and each has their reasons behind it.

so where did we rank compared to the rest of NFC prior to FA, after FA, prior to Draft and post Draft. how do we assess ourselves? how do we close the gap? where is the other team's strengths and how do we compare/compete?

its not a panic. its an assessment of the team's strength, weaknesses and comparison to rest of NFC.

with that said, two years ago Brown was awesome, then last year he sucked. based on Last year, Switzer is very unknown and didn't contribute as a WR. there is no evidence.
Taco was average and showed promise. so arrow is pointing up.
I like to cut Gregory....he has been out of football for 2 years.... what would you expect from him?
Dak regressed. first year was great. have DC figured him out? will he change his game? is he exposed? I think that's a big question mark we have to wait and see.

not sure if swing tackle is really improved. we signed bunch of OL men last year too. we said we improved. is this the case of another man's garbage and we think its gold?

conner01

Reaction score
again, no denying that. but as of today, where do the cowboys rank compared to rest of NFC?
How often are pre season ranking correct
I don’t think many had the eagles as SB champs
We have holes, we need to hit in the draft to fill those holes

silvrNblue

Reaction score
I will NEVER put stock in well, that team got team got top notch FA, and look who they traded for or got in FA!...OH my lord, were doomed, they are so much better....well on paper anyways. You can never simply assume just because some team went balls out and spent huge $$ on some free agent, that it makes them automatically a SB contender. ALOT determines that out come and IF he will even fit their system, or meld with the other players...I won't say it has never worked out, but it sure is in the low % of the ones who actually live up to that big contract. OUR biggest hurdle is WILL clapper and the vanilla queen OC, and the DC be able to make these guys play with heart and passion. Not to mention a scheme that the 11 yr old sitting in the stands can't call before the play is run!

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Exactly ... it’s unknown at this time. But we can make speculations based on last year’s results.
So why is your speculation hold more weight then anybody else's. Going off of last year's results mean jack. Predicting this season outcome based on improvements would give you a better idea then last year cause neither team is the same

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I don't think Wentz is an unknown. yes, he had injury, but prior to injury he was in the MVP conversation. remains to be seen how he rebounds....

we feel we improved.

so does every other team...all 31 and each has their reasons behind it.

so where did we rank compared to the rest of NFC prior to FA, after FA, prior to Draft and post Draft. how do we assess ourselves? how do we close the gap? where is the other team's strengths and how do we compare/compete?

its not a panic. its an assessment of the team's strength, weaknesses and comparison to rest of NFC.

with that said, two years ago Brown was awesome, then last year he sucked. based on Last year, Switzer is very unknown and didn't contribute as a WR. there is no evidence.
Taco was average and showed promise. so arrow is pointing up.
I like to cut Gregory....he has been out of football for 2 years.... what would you expect from him?
Dak regressed. first year was great. have DC figured him out? will he change his game? is he exposed? I think that's a big question mark we have to wait and see.

not sure if swing tackle is really improved. we signed bunch of OL men last year too. we said we improved. is this the case of another man's garbage and we think its gold?
I didn't read the rest of your comment cause you said Wentz is not an unknown. Then you followed that up with "remains to be seen how he rebounds" ....... In other words you haven't a clue how he will come back from injury hence the reason I said unknown

Diehardblues

Reaction score
So why is your speculation hold more weight then anybody else's. Going off of last year's results mean jack. Predicting this season outcome based on improvements would give you a better idea then last year cause neither team is the same
I wasn’t speculating . Only responding to yours.