As of right now we are not close to competing for anything come next year

Rayman70

Reaction score
Cowboys haven't gotten he message in 22 years? So then,what was 2014,2016?....it never happened? We were like 2 games from the SB dude!(2014). In 2016 if not for being snake bit by Rodgers...coupled with poor coverage(Byron Jones)...WE WIN THAT ONE TOO. Its April and you want to just chalk up the year as over already. Damn...Glad I am not like you. I get down..but never out. Try to be optimistic..every team is 0-0 right now and we got like 4 months until camp.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
There was a time when it used to be SB or bust around here for years.

That's true but for at least the time being, those days are in the rear view mirror. Nowadays, we're not yet altogether squared away managing the cap and the coaching could definitely stand to improve substantially. Let's see what the future holds in those areas.

We're also wanting at way too many positions to seriously contend, especially so on defense. Of course, things could always take a turn for the better, provided we keep managing things better with our drafts and salary cap management.

I'm planning on keeping my expectations at arm's length until success appears much more reachable in terms of contending for a return to those long lost glory days. It more than likely won't happen overnight, though.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Atlanta was without Zeke.

GB and Seattle were close games. The game against Seattle we stopped running the ball.

Also Seattle lost a ton of their team and no way they are better then Dallas right now.

Atlanta and GB aren't clearly better then us. I would say we could beat them just like they could beat us
Like I said.. until we beat them the results speak for themselves. If you don’t accept the results then that’s your issue but not reality.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
There’s no shame in being what we are. A 9 or 10 win team struggling to make the playoffs.

Without a top 5 defense or top 10 QB with a dysfunctional front office and puppet HC that’s not bad.

Amazing we’ve put this much of a team together.Im always hopeful for at least 16 meaningful games.

Last edited:

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
no we're an average team playing in an average league who needs above average breaks.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Like I said.. until we beat them the results speak for themselves. If you don’t accept the results then that’s your issue but not reality.
Until you realize last year's teams aren't the same as this year then that's your issue but not reality

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
My expectations for the Cowboys are nothing extraordinary. I'll sit on my recliner in the living room and enjoy seeing them compete, win or lose. I would encourage those of you who hold a grudge for them not meeting your lofty expectations to cool it and temper your expectations to accommodate reality. You'll appreciate your fandom infinitely more upon doing so and won't regret it. Try it -- you'll like it! ;)
Exactly. It is much more enjoyable watching this team knowing a Super Bowl win is a pipe dream. Now I just expect a chance for the playoffs in week 17. Anything more is gravy.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
In the age of parity expecting teams to maintain their level of play outside of NE is unrealistic. The NFL stands for Not For Long. Preseason power ranking are pointless, it's even worse before camps are done and it's that much worse before the draft and FA is over.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
There’s no shame in being what we are. A 9 or 10 win team struggling to make the playoffs.

Without a top 5 defense or top 10 QB with a dysfunctional front office and puppet HC that’s not bad.

Amazing we’ve put this much of a team together.Im always hopeful for at least 16 meaningful games.

You forgot the RB Zeke who was also bad last year (4.1 ypc).

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Until you realize last year's teams aren't the same as this year then that's your issue but not reality
All we can do is measure the results until we have some new results .

If your speculating we’ll have more favorable results this year.. that’s fine. But no results to base that on at this time.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Not true.

It's salary cap football. Bad teams go to good all of the time.

If Dallas stays healthy they are a pretty good team.

The problem is our coaches are terrible and it doesn't take many holes in the ship for us to sink much faster then we should.

Stay healthy, get to the playoffs, and avoid Rodgers... Anything could happen.

Verdict

Reaction score
We are right on the cusp of getting in even though we lost Zeke for 6 games. We will make the playoffs this year unless we fail to do anything substantial at linebacker. That's the one area we must have improvement unless you want to bank on Jaylon and Lee being 100 percent all year long.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
All we can do is measure the results until we have some new results .

If your speculating we’ll have more favorable results this year.. that’s fine. But no results to base that on at this time.
You can't use last year's results because teams change from year to year. We could lose, we could win.