Ashamed

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
InmanRoshi said:
You know its possible to feel bittersweet. I hate the fact that the Cowboys flushed a 3rd round pick down the toilet, but I'm happy that I don't have to hear one more hackneyed excuse for this guy. I'm happy I don't have to hear his worshippers blame everyone else but him for his failures. I'm happy that we're not Jerry's late 90's Cowboys that waits around for 5 years waiting for Kavika Pittman and Solomon Page to turn around, nor did we force them to start over better football players just becuase of where they were drafted. Henson and Peterman were beaten out fair and square by Romo and Proctor. I'm happy we found cheap players who can outperform mid rounders.

Let's stop the dog and pony show and call this out for what it is.
People need to stop being so disingenous about this stuff. Face it. If you had the nerve to question Henson's performances in NFLE, your fandom was questioned. It wasn't like that for any other of our players. It wasn't questioned if you questioned Tom Crowder or Lenny Williams. Just Henson. Just like your fandom isn't questioned about being glad that Stephen Peterman's failed butt is gone today, only Henson.

honestly, Henson is gone, so what? I got what I wanted, a potential starter for the next few years in Romo, him or Romo, what is the big fuss about? why are people happy? sad? I don't get it, maybe I'm not a true Cowboy fan since I didn't pick a side, idk

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
A typo yes :rolleyes:

Thanks you for your scholastic resume I do appreciate it.

Where exactly was i being an "internet tough guy"?

Again you posit nothing.

At least your no longer arguing the point that it was a sanctimonious whine so we are making progress.

Cowboy Bebop

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
ah, so you decided to attack me just because? nice, good for you

Thanks. It just felt right you know? I have been training hard in preperation. I saw my opportunity and I decided to strike. I am pretty much the best ever.

Cowboy Bebop

Reaction score
Bigd are you going to respond to my post or not? I need to go to bed soon, I am getting tired. And if I stick around much longer I may get "vanquished"...

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Cowboy Bebop said:
What the hell are you talking about? I have no quam with you complaining about people complaing. I did not post or create a single "I called it" thread. I do not care.

If this is the case this thread was not for you.

I have a problem with the thinly veiled plea for attention.

Luckily that is not what this thread is. this thread is about people being happy that the Cowboys failed

Ok let me dumb it down for you. I eluded to you being on a cross, and called you hypocritical. (I was saying your post was sanctimonious). Alright you still with me? It is exactly what fuzzylumpkins said in his post...but if you really want me to go further in to it I can.

I saw what you eluded to, and you were wrong.

However your response proves to me what I expected. You are trolling.

Nope not trolling at all. If I was I would try to be more outrageous. I simply expect someone who makes a post to me to respond with more than "what he said"

You are calling people out, trying to get a rise out of them.

Name 1 person I called out.

Even you said you were bored, and that is why you are doing this.

No I said I was bored, and that is why I am replying to people that did not understand the point of the post.

But at the same time preaching that it is only in the best interests of the Cowboys. Seems kind of like a conflict of interests to me..

Because that is a fact. I am first and foremost a Cowboys fan. Any loss the Cowboys suffer I feel like I suffer as well. When they win My day is a little brighter. THAT is why I can not fathom people celebrating a Cowboys personel failure, Or bashing someone who hope the Cowboys risk payed off.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
SilverStarCowboy said:
I would have liked Drew had he won the job. Romo won the job, he is the better QB.

For me it doesn't matter who is QB so long as Dallas wins.

Totally agree, this is the same opinion I hold. Except I liked both as long as they were trying.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins said:
You left out the part where you whine about people being glad that hes gone and how that relates to you being a better person or fan.

Where exactly did I say I was a better person or fan? That wasnt in my post so please dont put words in my mouth thanks.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
X-Dawg said:
This post is hysterical - "a sad day" ? Dude - take it down a notch - a guy got cut - it happens all the time - in this case it happened to an undeserving multi millionaire.

Maybe you should read my post again, because the "Sad day" comment had nothing to do with Henson being cut

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
SilverStarCowboy said:
Well you can dwell on the negative if you want....while I choose to be a fan of my team.

We cut Dan Campbell, we have gained and improved in Fazano and Hannah.

We Cut Jacob Rogers, have gained and improved in Rob Pettitie, McQuistion, Columbo, and Fabini.

We cut Peterman, we have gained in Procter.

We cut Keyshawn, we have Terrell Owens.

We cut Drew Henson, we have done the same with Tony Romo. IMPROVED!!!!

Not to be an *** but that made no sense

Cambell left as a free agent, we drafted and signed replacements

Rogers busted we drafted and signed replacements

Keyshawn was cut we signed a replacement

Henson was cut and all we have to show for it is a lost 3rd, 3 mill cap hit, and 3 years wasted.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins said:
Again you posit nothing.

At least your no longer arguing the point that it was a sanctimonious whine so we are making progress.

was I supposed to reply to your resume?

No need to argue the point that it was a whine because I already know it wasn't.

Still trying to figure out how I was being an internet tough guy

JVita17

Benched
Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
I have to say I am really ashamed of some of the posters here today. So many people running around wanting to thump their chests that they "called it" Not even realizing they were rooting for and now celebrating something that was not good for the Cowboys.

Today is not a "good" day, and its not because of henson, its because the Cowboys lost. they lost a 3rd round pick, they lost cap room, and most important they lost 3 years of time. Had we not given a 3rd for Henson would we have used that third for Schaub in 2004 the same year we aqquired Henson? 2005 anyone we might have taken?

So many people want to put down people who liked Henson. I find it pathetic that people will put down the guys who are cheering FOR the Cowboys success. All the while they are cheering for Cowboys moves to fail.

Its a sad day on this board and it has nothing to do with henson

get real that 3rd round and three years are a drop in the bucket and people who are cheering for Henson in my mind arent rooting for success cuz its obvious Henson was a waste and Romo the better QB, do you think we should put him in cuz the cowboys used a third round pick on him? Or maybe cuz he was groomed for three years? NO, the answer is no its a drop in bucket he was a waste of time now he's gone...
:lmao2:

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
Where exactly did I say I was a better person or fan? That wasnt in my post so please dont put words in my mouth thanks.

Well there was this most recent gem.

Because that is a fact. I am first and foremost a Cowboys fan. Any loss the Cowboys suffer I feel like I suffer as well. When they win My day is a little brighter. THAT is why I can not fathom people celebrating a Cowboys personel failure, Or bashing someone who hope the Cowboys risk payed off.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
Not to be an *** but that made no sense

Cambell left as a free agent, we drafted and signed replacements

Rogers busted we drafted and signed replacements

Keyshawn was cut we signed a replacement

Henson was cut and all we have to show for it is a lost 3rd, 3 mill cap hit, and 3 years wasted.
Do you think that the Cowboys couldnt find another clipboard holder? A replacement is as far away as Matt Baker. Anyone can stand around in a baseball cap and do nothing.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO said:
Do you think that the Cowboys couldnt find another clipboard holder if they really wanted to?

yeah, you

which is it that you envy? Henson being able to play 2 professional sports, or holding the Dallas clipboard? or both? :laugh2: