Astros Just Keep Comin' Atya!

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Trout finds a way to get on base almost every night I'll take that all day long. Even as an Astros fan, I'm not ashamed to admit that Trout is a BEAST him being the best isn't even up for debate. He's going to go down in history as one of the all time greats. His numbers boggle my mind. Hopefully the Angels' front office keeps screwing thing up. Otherwise, we're all in trouble if they build around him.
I like this except the part about my org! :) (yet, so depressingly true)

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
So the guy who hadn't had a RBI in a month, until today is the best player? He can't stay healthy either. He is a very talented player, but I would not call him the best.

BTW, I am not saying Altuve is the best either, though I take Jose evertime over Trout mainly because of consistency and durability.
So, you say Altuve and Trout aren't the best. Who is? Let me guess, you stat check and call Ramirez the best? Or is it Mookie this year? He wasn't close to great last year. Talk about "consistent", Betts has shown nothing of the such.

Who is the best since it isn't Trout or Altuve, per your post?

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Stros fans that are around for the whole season, that don't bandwagon jump, or are casual fans like he, ignore my posts to Big.

He went there.
Been an Astros fan since 85. My first fave player was Mr. Infield popup Bill Doran. Jeff Bagwell is my all-time favorite player, followed by Biggio, Ryan, Altuve, Springer, and Caminiti. The 1990-91 white jerseys are my favorites of all-time, though I do love the new ones.

Don't ever question my allegience for fanship. I am a lifelong fan once I jump on the wagon.

You need to relax. You allow people you don't even know get you all worked up. Do you realize how easy it is to mess with you and get you get post madness. I see so many posters getting such an easy rise out of you.

I don't like Trout, never will. As much as I hate Pujols, at least I know his greatness, he threw it in the face of my team at will.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Been an Astros fan since 85. My first fave player was Mr. Infield popup Bill Doran. Jeff Bagwell is my all-time favorite player, followed by Biggio, Ryan, Altuve, Springer, and Caminiti. The 1990-91 white jerseys are my favorites of all-time, though I do love the new ones.

Don't ever question my allegience for fanship. I am a lifelong fan once I jump on the wagon.

You need to relax. You allow people you don't even know get you all worked up. Do you realize how easy it is to mess with you and get you get post madness. I see so many posters getting such an easy rise out of you.

I don't like Trout, never will. As much as I hate Pujols, at least I know his greatness, he threw it in the face of my team at will.
Dude, everyone and their grandpa was a <insert team> fan once they win since <insert year>

And touche on Pujols owning the Stros. When they were in the NL. A decade ago.

Now he is 42 and washed up and the "protector" in the lineup for Trout. Sad and pathetic our phenom has such a horrid roster

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score

So who is the game's best player since it isn't Altuve or Trout?

(And the board knowing I get heated easily does nothing for our debate, its just a random tangent. I've been posting at you correctly)

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
So, you say Altuve and Trout aren't the best. Who is? Let me guess, you stat check and call Ramirez the best? Or is it Mookie this year? He wasn't close to great last year. Talk about "consistent", Betts has shown nothing of the such.

I have no clue. I honestly don't follow baseball like I did in my younger days. I keep up with the Astros, though I rarely get to see them on TV. Thank goodnesd for ESPN gamecast. Unfortunately, we are subjected to the Rangers down here. Most of my life we had the Astros on FSN, but the last handful of years, no TV on a regular basis.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I have no clue. I honestly don't follow baseball like I did in my younger days. .
This is all I needed to see.

Thank you.

But go ahead and carry on with your proclamations-out-of-admitted-ignorance

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Dude, everyone and their grandpa was a <insert team> fan once they win since <insert year>

Now he is 42 and washed up and the "protector" in the lineup for Trout. Sad and pathetic our phenom has such a horrid roster
Pujols still owned us for the first 2-3 years with the Angels.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score

Well go back through the archives and see all my posts as an Astros fan since I got to this site.

BTW, best HR I ever saw live, Darryl Strawberry in the Astrodome. I think he put a hole in the roof with that knock. I hated the Mets.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
@Trouty. Trivia question. Since being permanently called up to the Majors in 2012, which player has only gone only two games without reaching base?

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Pujols still owned us for the first 2-3 years with the Angels.
Then he turned 40 and couldn't hit against anyone.

His first two/three years with the Halos weren't bad seasons. They weren't 30M aav seasons, but he was still productive. Like Tim Salmon owned the Rangers, Al owned the Astros. Same with Trout and Seattle/MLB.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Well go back through the archives and see all my posts as an Astros fan since I got to this site.

BTW, best HR I ever saw live, Darryl Strawberry in the Astrodome. I think he put a hole in the roof with that knock. I hated the Mets.

I saw him hit one in BP for the All-Star game in the Dome than would probably be 100ft longer.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Strawberry off the crack was a sure-fire HoF

He was like a hybrid (pre-roids) Bonds/Henderson. Or a rich man's Dawson. (High praise)

Up to 88/89, migosh what a site to behold.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Kershaw :oldcouple: :dance:

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Same with Doc Gooden. He is who I modeled my pitching after. Maybe I should have chosen someone else :lmao:
Oh yeah, Doc was another that is just a sad story. I feel bad for your 80's Mets, Dex. (Outside of 86, of course).

So much potential flushed for no reason. A potential dynasty destroyed.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Oh yeah, Doc was another that is just a sad story. I feel bad for your 80's Mets, Dex. (Outside of 86, of course).

So much potential flushed for no reason. A potential dynasty destroyed.

I'll take that season since it destroyed the Lastros for awhile :lmao: