Astros Just Keep Comin' Atya!

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Holy crapp, what a 10th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I luuuuuuvvvvvv Tony Kemp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I quite frankly am not sure what they're going to do with the guy, i.e. Tony Kemp.

No doubt he can hit and he'll take a bunch of walks which means his OBA is very good.

And he doesn't strikeout much, which means he puts the ball in ball and moves runners along.

On top of that he has some speed.

But his defense is shaky and he doesn't have any power.

He's kind of a "Willie Randolph" type player... Probably a little better hitter than Willie, but not as good defensively.

If I were the Mets I would be bending over backward to get Kemp from the Astros, make him their 2B and put him in the leadoff spot.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Haven't followed much baseball this year. Is Verlander still on pace to win the Cy Round award. I'm Tiger fan who roots ex Tigers on.

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
I quite frankly am not sure what they're going to do with the guy, i.e. Tony Kemp.

No doubt he can hit and he'll take a bunch of walks which means his OBA is very good.

And he doesn't strikeout much, which means he puts the ball in ball and moves runners along.

On top of that he has some speed.

But his defense is shaky and he doesn't have any power.

He's kind of a "Willie Randolph" type player... Probably a little better hitter than Willie, but not as good defensively.

If I were the Mets I would be bending over backward to get Kemp from the Astros, make him their 2B and put him in the leadoff spot.

I would hate to lose Kemp. He’s been clutch. That’s a skill that can’t be taught

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
True...good problem to have but Tucker hasn’t quite earned LF yet...yeah I know he needs more ABs...the Stros will need someone to fill Gonzalez shoes should he leave next year...Kemp could be that guy...just my .02

Probably Tyler White fills that roll.

The only infield spot Kemp can play is 2B.

Could be a DH but I'm thinking may be worth more in a trade.

But we'll see how it spins out.

kskboys

Reaction score
Osuna!!!! Guys, this is the closer we've been needing!!!

I hope the DV thing was a one time thing, that it was a mistake, and that he's learned his lesson.

On the good side, he's only 22 and is one of the best young talents at closer in the game. This is the guy we've been needing.

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
Osuna!!!! Guys, this is the closer we've been needing!!!

I hope the DV thing was a one time thing, that it was a mistake, and that he's learned his lesson.

On the good side, he's only 22 and is one of the best young talents at closer in the game. This is the guy we've been needing.

The closer isn’t going to help if the hitting doesn’t pick up.Seattle and Oakland are gaining ground quickly. Hopefully they will regain last year’s magic soon.

kskboys

Reaction score
The closer isn’t going to help if the hitting doesn’t pick up.Seattle and Oakland are gaining ground quickly. Hopefully they will regain last year’s magic soon.
Of course. In general, the teams in the playoffs who's bats get hot at the right time win. Bats come and go, that's why pitching is so important.

That's why it's also so important to be able to manufacture runs, something we completely ignore on this team.

kskboys

Reaction score
Few teams could lose the MVP, starting catcher, starting shortstop and keep playing .600 plus ball.

Once they get those guys back, at least Altuve and Correa, they will get back on track. Astros had a slump last year in August (if memory serves), what matters is September....
Yes, they did.

This too shall pass. I'm not worried at this point.

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
Few teams could lose the MVP, starting catcher, starting shortstop and keep playing .600 plus ball.

Once they get those guys back, at least Altuve and Correa, they will get back on track. Astros had a slump last year in August (if memory serves), what matters is September....

Yeah they went into a slump last year when Correa was out. Even tho they are playing.600 plus they are not as dominant as last year. Better pitching but the clutch hitting is lacking. It’s early and 2 more months of bb.

Go Stros and go Cowboys!

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score

When Correa went on the the DL, Jeff Luhnow said that getting him back would be bigger than any trade they could pull off for another bat. Then Altuve goes down.

Getting both of them back with the trades they've made to shore up the bullpen will be a big plus.