Astros Just Keep Comin' Atya!

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
How many MVP awards has Trout won again? Regular season and all-star game?

Remind me, please.
2 regular season, 2 runner ups to Cabrera, that many feel could be split. I give Cabrera the triple-crown year MVP all day just because of its rarity. But Trout's advance stats were off the charts and destroyed everything of Cabrera's other than the "big 3" stats. Still, triple crown winners are so rare. He (MC) absolutely gets my vote for 2012.

2 all-star MVPs, and the only player ever to do it the same year he won the regular season MVP.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
The Mets have basically been garbage since that season. Strawberry and Griffey Jr., both tall and lankey, with that long, sweet uppercut swing. It was like teeing off on a par 5 hole with both of them.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
2 regular season, 2 runner ups to Cabrera, that many feel could be split. I give Cabrera the triple-crown year MVP all day just because of its rarity. But Trout's advance stats were off the charts and destroyed everything of Cabrera's other than the "big 3" stats. Still, triple crown winners are so rare. He (MC) absolutely gets my vote for 2012.

2 all-star MVPs, and the only player ever to do it the same year he won the regular season MVP.

Dang! Wasn't he Rookie Of The Year as well?

kskboys

Reaction score
Astros fans: Aside from Correa, who is the best Shortstop the Astros ever had? (This one's pretty tricky)

kskboys

Reaction score
That is a tough one. I'd say it's a toss up between Adam Everett and Dickie Thon. Thon was clutch when you needed him at the plate but Everett was better with the glove.
Dickie Thon, easily. I don't think Correa is there just yet but will pass him soon. I sure wish Thon would have never took one to the head, was never the same.
Label me beyond impressed!!!!!!!!!! I love to ask that question, and you guys actually know who Dickie Thon is!!!!!!!

Thon batted .286 his rook yr w/ 20 HR's!!! And that was in the day when the pitching mounds were mountains. He was hitting .353 5 games in his 2nd season when he got nailed in the head. Ruined his vision.

I luuuuuuvvvvvv u guys for knowing this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Label me beyond impressed!!!!!!!!!! I love to ask that question, and you guys actually know who Dickie Thon is!!!!!!!

Thon batted .286 his rook yr w/ 20 HR's!!! And that was in the day when the pitching mounds were mountains. He was hitting .353 5 games in his 2nd season when he got nailed in the head. Ruined his vision.

To be fair, I wouldn’t know much about him if I didn’t grow up in Houston :cool:

kskboys

Reaction score
And around the same time we lost Joe Sambito, who was prolly the best reliever we ever had. Dude was lights out. Lifetime ERA of 3.03 is much lower if you take away the last several years when he was trying to come back from the stroke.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score

Some of us have been around since we were kids and aren't bandwagon fans.

:thumbup:

kskboys

Reaction score
Some of us have been around since we were kids and aren't bandwagon fans.

:thumbup:
I grew up listening to them on the radio!!!! Loved it, and oh I miss those days!!!

In 1981, I was in HS. Our govt teacher would play jeopardy, w/ the topics being govt, history, sports, religion, stuff like that. He would ask multiple Astros question, and I don't think I ever missed one. Ah, memories!!!!

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
I grew up listening to them on the radio!!!! Loved it, and oh I miss those days!!!

In 1981, I was in HS. Our govt teacher would play jeopardy, w/ the topics being govt, history, sports, religion, stuff like that. He would ask multiple Astros question, and I don't think I ever missed one. Ah, memories!!!!

I would listen to the Astros games on the radio, when I was a kid, when it was bedtime and they played on the west Coast. My mother would always catch me and tell me to turn it off and go to sleep. I'd wait until she left the room and (click.) Back to the radio.

My dad eventually bought me a set of radio headphones so I could tune in late at night if I had to.

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
I jumped on the Astros bandwagon in 1969. Last year was really special. Hoping for a repeat.

Gene Elston and Lowel Passe were the radio sportscasters. Lowel was quite a character. When the Stros hit a homer he would say “ That ball is in Astro Orbit!”