CFZ At some point the clock will strike midnight for Cooper Rush

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No I’m ok with drafting another qb if one happened to fall in our laps. I guess I mistook your post as wanting cooper rush to he that guy which is stupid

your posting as of late is more of the ABD crew so I may have misinterpreted it
I have NEVER said Cooper Rush is "that guy". And Why would I suggest drafting a QB in the 1st round if I did?

What I have said is it's an amazing achievement being an "unwanted bum with a noodle arm"...and many people HERE...who think they are SO smart...said "tank the season".

I'm enjoying watching him play, it's a great story...you could say in the same way I enjoyed Romo.....the underdog. I doubt you and I will have years of FUN debate about it...but ya never know! :laugh:

kskboys

Reaction score
I have NEVER said Cooper Rush is "that guy". And Why would I suggest drafting a QB in the 1st round if I did?

What I have said is it's an amazing achievement being an "unwanted bum with a noodle arm"...and many people HERE...who think they are SO smart...said "tank the season".

I'm enjoying watching him play, it's a great story...you could say in the same way I enjoyed Romo.....the underdog. I doubt you and I will have years of FUN debate about it...but ya never know! :laugh:
Rams won a super bowl because they tanked their way into Donald.

Look at the Bucs. Why did they win? Tank picks.

So, you would trade a few regular season wins for a chance at a super bowl? If we don't lose, we don't get Parsons, the guy who has completely changed our D. Maybe those so smart tankers want to win a super bowl?

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Or insanity even. Like going with the same and expecting different results after 7 years of going nowhere.

And no, SleepNumber is incapable of playing within the confines of fundamentally sound football, run game, defense and special teams because in his mind only, he thinks he is Mahommes.

Change is good because the unknown element of postseason success is an option with Rush.
There's an outside chance at a Foles type run with Rush.

With SleepNumber, I can write the script of how it all plays out once playoff level competion starts.

So yeah, I'll stick with your version of irony and you go the insanity route.

Ok

Reactions: G2

USArmyVet

Reaction score
NONSENE, exposed dak how??

Do you have a time machine insert Dak into these games in the exact scenarios how the game unfolded to show Dak wouldn't have done better or worse or went further back in time and allow Rush to start game 1..LMAO

POINT and FACT, nothings been exposed, one has ZERO to do with the other.. Dak better period leave money out of it..thats nonsense in itself but trying to say Dak can't do this is odd,

11-0 in 16
5-0 run to launch us into the playoffs and a playoff win in 18
3-0 start to 2019 all said against weak comp and it was mirage, odd isn't that was rush is doing , yet go look at those final scores LMAO Dak beats them by larger margins
2020 was off to MVP type year stats wise lost games because the defense couldn't hold teams under 30, how would rush handle that?? got hurt, we will never know
2021 -6-0 run to start the year pus not only goes undefeated in the east it was so lopsided the Point differentials were laughable.

Daks also owns the division 2 of rush wins are within the division, correct? daks like 7-2 the last 9 against all of them and most weren't even a contest.
all By far more impressive win streaks and showed he can put up 30-40 when needed where Rush is not and never has been or will ne that type of QB...

now back to reality..dak haters please stop we see through this argument,. its not a debate you hate dak we get it.,..

Your love for Dak is blinding you to basics seeing as how Dak started the 2021 season 5-1 and not 6-0. In addition, you espouse Dak's personal stats to start 2020 but fail to mention the fact his record was 2-3 the first 5 games.
Oh, and funny how you fail to mention Dak's 1-3 playoff record in his 6+ seasons.

The point is that it is plainly obvious your love of Dak is more than that of the Cowboys.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Your love for Dak is blinding you to basics seeing as how Dak started the 2021 season 5-1 and not 6-0. In addition, you espouse Dak's personal stats to start 2020 but fail to mention the fact his record was 2-3 the first 5 games.
Oh, and funny how you fail to mention Dak's 1-3 playoff record in his 6+ seasons.

The point is that it is plainly obvious your love of Dak is more than that of the Cowboys.
I think the defense will make Dak look better this year and maybe win some people over. Maybe not. I feel like the D has been to blame much more in all the payoff losses except San Fran. And that’s debatable as they ran all over us.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Dak fans led by Pope Rockport are praying that Rush has a bad game
Has @Rockport even posted on the subject?

Damn man, you all are really pushing this “they want Cooper to fail” narrative. There seems to be little no no evidence to support that.

I’d say all the Dak lovers just want to win and that’s it. Doubt anyone cares if Dak plays or not.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rams won a super bowl because they tanked their way into Donald.

Look at the Bucs. Why did they win? Tank picks.

So, you would trade a few regular season wins for a chance at a super bowl? If we don't lose, we don't get Parsons, the guy who has completely changed our D. Maybe those so smart tankers want to win a super bowl?
That's fine. I'm not much of a quitter. Coach would have to bench me I guess.

offlimits

Reaction score
Don’t get me wrong- I admire the way Cooper Rush has played as our backup QB. Being 4-0 in his first 4 starts is nothing to scoff at. He’s been everything he was asked to be and more. And I’m not not a Dak worshipper either. My allegiance is always first and foremost to winning football games, not winning an argument on a football forum.

But I’m amazed at how fast so many of our fans have anointed Cooper Rush as the QB of our future. Four games is an incredibly small sample size to cast your lot with a QB long term.

His arm talent is clearly limited, he’s not very mobile, and the longer he’s expected to lead this offense the harder it will be for him to keep this level of performance going. Defensive coordinators will start figuring out ways to frustrate him the longer there’s tape out there on him.

The Cinderella clock is going to strike midnight soon.

Looking at Cooper Rush’s stats in college, he had impressive numbers- except- he threw way too many picks. He threw 55 interceptions in 4 years at Central Michigan. He never threw less than 11 in a college season. He’s only thrown one in his 4 starts in Big D, but he’s also been lucky a few times where a penalty wiped out an INT or a defender just dropped it.

Rush’s 4 game heroics reminds me a little of an NBA player who flashed briefly as a hero only to come back down to earth. Remember New York Knicks Point Guard Jeremy Lin? He single-handedly led the Knicks to a 7 game winning streak in 2011 and was hailed after that week as the future at PG despite not being drafted and not being that talented. Once defenses figured him out, the days of “Linsanity” were short lived. He played for six other NBA teams before he retired.

Cooper Rush deserves a ton of credit for what he’s done in his four starts. But IMO, he is far from being the long term answer here at QB. We should enjoy Rush’s glory while we can because the clock is ticking.

I'm not sure that anyone here has claimed that he is the long-term answer. He certainly isn't but he is a decent BU.

kskboys

Reaction score
That's fine. I'm not much of a quitter. Coach would have to bench me I guess.
Quitting could also be accurately portrayed as not being willing to do what it takes to win.

And players don't tank. Mgmt tanks.

Did you like those 3 super bowl in the 90's? Came from tanking.

Last edited:

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Has @Rockport even posted on the subject?

Damn man, you all are really pushing this “they want Cooper to fail” narrative. There seems to be little no no evidence to support that.

I’d say all the Dak lovers just want to win and that’s it. Doubt anyone cares if Dak plays or not.
Nope, keep the wins coming.

jgboys1

Reaction score
Dak has been in the top ten lately. So invest in a quarterback in the draft when you have a quarterback capable of being top ten....

Yep... that sounds like an intelligent move when we have other positions to address in the draft. This isn't franchise mode on Madden my guy.
You think Dak is good? He sucks and he is coming back from a broken leg, messed up shoulder and now a surgically repaired throwing hand. If that’s our future, we are in trouble.