Twitter: AT&T Stadium loses 2026 FIFA World Cup Final bid to Metlife Stadium

StylisticS

Reaction score
It seems the expectation in the local media was that it was going to be DFW. WFAA had a big live special running right now and the mood is somber.

I know I discussed this with others before, but not striking a deal with Laura Miller to have the stadium in downtown Dallas probably cost them here. @jterrell @StylisticS @Longboysfan @DFWJC
Perhaps but still like someone else said. The final of the biggest sporting event and grandest sport in world belongs in one of the grandest cities in the world. I still think they would have chosen MetLife.

pacy

82 WITTEN 82
Reaction score
Jerry after losing the bid: “I was as shocked as anyone we didn’t receive the bid. But we will run it back with the exact same bid the next time. We are definitely “all in”.
When? 20 years down the road? Lol

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Makes sense NYC is the capital of the world. With over 160 different languages spoken in Queens alone.
You CANNOT compare Dallas to the NY Tri-state area..................its like ancient Rome vs the city of Carthage.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
nobody wants to play at the loser dome.

Maybe Carl-lott could have gotten the deal done. go carl

carlott-2.jpg
And Carl has bigger balls than old perv Dad.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
I mean its right by New York city that has to be attractive to the decision makers for the world cup and having a lot of infastructure already in place. I love Texas but when people are visiting the United States, Texas probably isn't the first destination people visit so the location they picked makes a lot of sense.

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
I mean it’s right by New York city that has to be attractive to the decision makers for the world cup and having a lot of infastructure already in place. I love Texas but when people are visiting the United States, Texas probably isn't the first destination people visit so the location they picked makes a lot of sense.
spot on. either NY or LA.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Meekly sounding like Churchill:

"...We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender..."

Give 'em hell, Jerry! You keep on fighting like every FIFA competition will be the final Battle of AT&T Stadium! YEEEEEHAAAAAW!

:facepalm:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I mean its right by New York city that has to be attractive to the decision makers for the world cup and having a lot of infastructure already in place. I love Texas but when people are visiting the United States, Texas probably isn't the first destination people visit so the location they picked makes a lot of sense.
The 104 games are being played in The USA, Mexico and Canada.
The 1st game is in Mexico City, and the 1st US game is at SoFi Stadium.

Jerry World has the most games of all the cites involved. 9 games and is considered the host city.
And yeah, NYC being the largest most recognized city. It got the final.

So be it. The DFW metroplex will still make out extremely well.