Twitter: AT&T Stadium loses 2026 FIFA World Cup Final bid to Metlife Stadium

HeavyBarrel

Reaction score
I am proud Texan from DFW, if I am hosting the biggest soccer event in the world, I am going to NYC, errr NJ.....Don't take it personal, football is the biggest sport in the US, If I am a scout I am not going to NYC or NJ to get players, I would go to Texas-it's not that big a deal. You go where it makes the most sense. I think soccer is popular in DFW and it's a very diverse area but what's more diverse and "international" than NYC?

Zordon

Reaction score
I am proud Texan from DFW, if I am hosting the biggest soccer event in the world, I am going to NYC, errr NJ.....Don't take it personal, football is the biggest sport in the US, If I am a scout I am not going to NYC or NJ to get players, I would go to Texas-it's not that big a deal. You go where it makes the most sense. I think soccer is popular in DFW and it's a very diverse area but what's more diverse and "international" than NYC?
I think FC Dallas have produced more USMNT players than anyone else. That being said I get your point.

jgboys1

Reaction score
Jerry after losing the bid: “I was as shocked as anyone we didn’t receive the bid. But we will run it back with the exact same bid the next time. We are definitely “all in”.
At least he is consistent.

Consistently wrong!

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why is this on the fan zone. Soccer sucks!
Football (the real one) and FIFA are massive..............makes the NFL look like the NHL on the worldwide stage.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Lol good, everyone should be happy because you know this pisses Jerry off. :laugh: he will never get the world cup in his lifetime
It would have been good for the local economy. Millions and millions of dollars pumped into local businesses. Tons of jobs.

Fortunately, we still get eight games. Good for DFW.

But hey, we’d rather make Jerry mad.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
It seems the expectation in the local media was that it was going to be DFW. WFAA had a big live special running right now and the mood is somber.

I know I discussed this with others before, but not striking a deal with Laura Miller to have the stadium in downtown Dallas probably cost them here. @jterrell @StylisticS @Longboysfan @DFWJC
A lot of folks have really stuck on Laura Miller as a reason for the stadium being outside Dallas proper.
The arguments are compelling.

I tend to lean to the fact the committee wanted it in NYC, period.
Dallas will have a feature role but NYC or LA was always going to Host the Final IMHO.

And it isn't lost on me that this isn't really NYC.

Jerry did politic and work for this big-time so I am sure he is at least mildly bummed but he has been anging for McGregor UFC or Mayweather boxing here for half a decade at least as well so he is used to getting turned out.

pacy

82 WITTEN 82
Reaction score
Without mass public transit it will be hard to get anything major to Arlington.

Hardline

Reaction score
I can't stand Jerry or New York. I am disappointed no matter what the decision was.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lol Jerry keeps loosing no matter what.
What did he lose. 1 title game but he gets 9 games, including a semi final game. More than any other city. He actually won. This will be great for the DFW area.

And he is happy not sad. The DFW area won.

cald0d30s0

Reaction score
What did he lose. 1 title game but he gets 9 games, including a semi final game. More than any other city. He actually won. This will be great for the DFW area.

And he is happy not sad. The DFW area won.
Knowing jerry he really wants the final game, his big ego demands all the highlights on the biggest game of all sports.

But yeah Dallas nor Jerry can’t reach finals, lol.