Twitter: AT&T Stadium loses 2026 FIFA World Cup Final bid to Metlife Stadium

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
I've always wondered how is it Jerry's stadium, didn't they use tax payer money to build it? Or how does that work?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Knowing jerry he really wants the final game, his big ego demands all the highlights on the biggest game of all sports.

But yeah Dallas nor Jerry can’t reach finals, lol.
Now you are a mind reader and know what Jerry wants. :lmao:

Of course he wanted it, but so did all the other venues. Jerry is most likely not that disappointed.
I say most likely because we do not know. From what I read, he is pretty dang happy.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've always wondered how is it Jerry's stadium, didn't they use tax payer money to build it? Or how does that work?
They use $300 million or so of a bond from the tax voters that voted. That money was paid back before it was expected.
Jerry put up the rest of his own money but regained that eventually or will regain it. From the sale of the PSL’s.

Even though it technically belongs to Arlington for 30 years. Jerry has the rights to do as he wishes, at his expense.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
They use $300 million or so of a bond from the tax voters that voted. That money was paid back before it was expected.
Jerry put up the rest of his own money but regained that eventually or will regain it. From the sale of the PSL’s.

Even though it technically belongs to Arlington for 30 years. Jerry has the rights to do as he wishes, at his expense.
Thank you I appreciate the response

vlad

Reaction score
For an international game, NYC makes sense. Dfw not exactly a crown jewel for tourism,

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
People are generally very jealous of those that have more than them. It’s the mantra of the Tax the Rich more bs. It’s highly evident on this board, you see the same posters over and over spewing their weekly hate at someone that they could never ever come close to competing with. It’s the loser mentality that transfers generation to generation. Thx…
You really think people here bash on Jerry because he's rich? LOL...are you new to this team? Have you been following the last 28 years? We hate the man because he handicaps our football team. We hate him because he refuses to do what needs to be done to win, because he cares more about stupid FIFA and Wrestlemanias and sponsors and ratings over winning football games. We hate him most recently for doing absolutely nothing after the worst humiliation in team history. So yeah, fans are going to take shots at him whenever the opportunity presents itself, not because he has money, but because he has soiled the name of this once proud franchise and turned it into a laughingstock.

davey999

Reaction score
So the most dangerous turf in the US is better? It’s NY over Dallas, nothing to do with the stadium. NY much more marketable on the international level.
They're putting natural grass in. You know this right?

nobody

Reaction score
It's unfortunate because it would have been an economic boom to the area, Jerry's happiness or not.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score

This is great news for the Cowboys largely because they are being forced to switch to natural grass, which means 1 less trip per year to the death on concrete and carpet that is the stadium currently.