At what point do we seriously start to consider Rush as starter?

Swagger

Reaction score
just appreciate we have solid backup Daks still better.

you do realize dak was beating the east by 2-3 tds the last 2-3 seasons..can we stop the nonsense....
Were the Giants winning a load of games the past 2-3 seasons? Please refresh my memory. Further, the offense puts on another 11 points if Lamb doesn't drop a gimme inside the 5 yard line and the officials miss a blatant non defensive hold/PI in the endzone. There was also another drop within field goal range on a separate drive.

If we deal in facts then Rush has been the QB when the team has beaten the Superbowl runners up and a team with a winning record this season. The worst part of it is Prescott is paid elite money when the team is 7-7 without him since 2016 and it would be a winning record if Dalton didn't have to play behind a decimated offensive line.

So either the team is very strong to be .500 over 14 games with backup/practice squad quarterbacks or Prescott isn't actually a difference maker. Either way, based on the above he isn't worth an average of $40 million a year.

pansophy

Reaction score
I would go back to Dak -- but I'd like Dak to audible less. Moore is getting a lot of grief for not calling enough runs, but it seems like Dak is audibling out of them. I'd also say that Cooper doesn't miss many throws. Dak didn't get enough work during the preseason so I do have concerns about whether he is going to have enough reps to look sharp.

MojaveJT

Reaction score
You don’t

He’s doing his job as the backup, making enough plays to win while allowing the running game and defense to really dictate the outcome.

But make no mistake, our playbook is much more limited with him. Moore is doing a good job protecting him with lots of easy throws, playaction and bootlegs.

So what was limited with the play book the last 2 games? QB runs? Lol

Proof

Reaction score
Right now. He’s the hot hand. Similar to 2016, you STICK with the hot hand. Players like Ceedee and Brown have clearly improved since Rush entered the game. No telling how much Gallup will improve when he comes in as well.

you don’t take out a winning starter. Rush will remain the QB1. He’s 3-0 as a starter.

two wins and he’s the hot hand eh? lol.

you seriously consider him when he looks fantastic rather than serviceable. or has rattled off 5 or 6 straight

blueblood70

Reaction score
Were the Giants winning a load of games the past 2-3 seasons? Please refresh my memory. Further, the offense puts on another 11 points if Lamb doesn't drop a gimme inside the 5 yard line and the officials miss a blatant non defensive hold/PI in the endzone. There was also another drop within field goal range on a separate drive.

If we deal in facts then Rush has been the QB when the team has beaten the Superbowl runners up and a team with a winning record this season. The worst part of it is Prescott is paid elite money when the team is 7-7 without him since 2016 and it would be a winning record if Dalton didn't have to play behind a decimated offensive line.

So either the team is very strong to be .500 over 14 games with backup/practice squad quarterbacks or Prescott isn't actually a difference maker. Either way, based on the above he isn't worth an average of $40 million a year.
sorry cant read a person having a stroke thinking Rush is better than Dak.. its cooing out that way try again,

Swagger

Reaction score
Tampa Bay just made Aaron Rodgers look very pedestrian. Their defense is on pace to be one of the best scoring defenses in league history.
Rodgers smoked their boots in the first half and had Jones not fumbled the ball a yard from the end zone the offense puts on 21 points in the first half. The play changed the game and the Bucs D stepped up in the second half.

Nav22

Reaction score
Rush is playing damn good football. Decisive in his decision making and doesn’t try to do too much.

The fact that this is even a question right now is fantastic for us.

We have a very strong defense and what looks to be a solid run game. You can win a lot of games with those pieces plus a “bus driver” type QB.

Dak’s still our guy, but if Rush puts together another few solid performances and we keep winning... and if Dak plays like crap when he returns... could be interesting.
:starspin:

Swagger

Reaction score
sorry cant read a person having a stroke thinking Rush is better than Dak.. its cooing out that way try again,
Personal insults. A disgrace to the forum and you should receive a ban for that offensive comment. Where did I suggest Rush is better than Prescott?

blueblood70

Reaction score
two wins and he’s the hot hand eh? lol.

you seriously consider him when he looks fantastic rather than serviceable. or has rattled off 5 or 6 straight
Dak 6-0 last year, 11-0 as rookie, won 5-0 or more in 2018 , in a A ROW including a playoff win.,.so soon we forget HUh? :):huh:o_O:rolleyes::popcorn:

the hate is inexcusable,

MojaveJT

Reaction score
I would go back to Dak -- but I'd like Dak to audible less. Moore is getting a lot of grief for not calling enough runs, but it seems like Dak is audibling out of them. I'd also say that Cooper doesn't miss many throws. Dak didn't get enough work during the preseason so I do have concerns about whether he is going to have enough reps to look sharp.

Dak has been in the league for 7 years. Good vet QBs barely play a snap all preseason and come out playing well aka Allen, Mahomes, etc. Dak has been babied his whole career, don’t make excuses for him.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Personal insults. A disgrace to the forum and you should receive a ban for that offensive comment. Where did I suggest Rush is better than Prescott?
HUH not sure what you are saying, its making zero sense, ok you need help some serious help.

TWOK11

Reaction score
Dak sucks against good teams I don’t want to hear it. Like he’s been some great player. Dude just beats NFC East and bad teams. We can do that with Cooper Rush.

Dak has a career QB rating of 94.6 against teams that finish the year with a winning record. Since 2016, only four guys are better in such games and all four will be in the HOF one day.

For perspective, Dak is better against teams with winning records than Lamar Jackson, Russell Wilson, Justin Herbert, Kirk Cousins, David Carr, Joe Burrow, Ryan Tannehill, Matthew Stafford, Matt Ryan, Jared Goff, Kyler Murray and Jimmy G.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I know many fans say last week, but seriously, he keeps winning and it might be a real question.
Only if Dak gets injured again will that happen. Y’all enjoy pushing your agenda though. Makes money for the board.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

Here is the thing though. Rush at his salary and we still have Amari Cooper and maybe some more pieces with the added cap space?

GINeric

Reaction score
I know many fans say last week, but seriously, he keeps winning and it might be a real question.

As of righf now, he's earned my respect. I have to see more of a sample size, but I don't think i can consider him a backup anymore. Im not going to get too ahead of myself, but i have to give him his due.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Simple. Ask yourself are the Cowboys winning because of Rush? If so, you keep him in.
I say it team defense, STs, play calling, and then Rush in that order. kudos to rush, he aint no Dak. whenever Dak get that kind of team support, he wins by 14-21 points. Hes owned the east ,been on far more impressive win streaks. stevie wonder can see that,

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I say it team defense, SRs, play callig and then Rush in that order. kudos to rush, he aint no Dak. whenever Dak get that kind of team support he wins by 14-21 points. Hes owned the east ,been on far more impressive win streaks. stevie wonder can see that,
I agree. They are not winning because of him but he’s making plays especially today. Dak’s still better it’s not close.