Atlanta Braves thread!!!

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;4066327 said:
:rolleyes:

Ibanez was hitting very well for a good while there, and i've never said Uggla was terrible. That's such a lame attempt to try and exaggerate what i said to try and make yourself look better. I see it all the time from people who are simply wrong and have no better recourse. Show me one post where i've said Uggla is a terrible player.. you can't.

Uh oh, someone is a little butthurt over being wrong on Ibanez I see!

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
DIAF;4067613 said:
Uh oh, someone is a little butthurt over being wrong on Ibanez I see!

Get over yourself, bro. This thread isn't about our debate on Uggla. I said Ibanez was hitting very well at the time you made a silly and ridiculous comment that keeping him in the lineup would make it easy for you guys to catch up to us.

I also said Uggla simply isn't that great of a hitter, and he isn't. He'll hit for power, but not average.

Keep whining and acting foolish though.. meanwhile the Braves are still 6 games back.

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;4067820 said:
Get over yourself, bro. This thread isn't about our debate on Uggla. I said Ibanez was hitting very well at the time you made a silly and ridiculous comment that keeping him in the lineup would make it easy for you guys to catch up to us.

I also said Uggla simply isn't that great of a hitter, and he isn't. He'll hit for power, but not average.

Keep whining and acting foolish though.. meanwhile the Braves are still 6 games back.

Acting foolish, sounds pretty much like your every comment in this thread. All you've done is troll, and not added anything to the BASEBALL conversation in here besides NA NA NA NAANAAAA and your lecture on how hitting for average and rbi were the most important things in baseball.

*waits patiently for Roy to start namecalling again*

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
DIAF;4067842 said:
Acting foolish, sounds pretty much like your every comment in this thread. All you've done is troll, and not added anything to the BASEBALL conversation in here besides NA NA NA NAANAAAA and your lecture on how hitting for average and rbi were the most important things in baseball.

*waits patiently for Roy to start namecalling again*

Troll nothing.. i haven't had any problems with anyone but you.

I'll break it down for you one more time since you struggle to grasp simple concepts.

I said Uggla isn't a very good hitter, and he's not. He'll hit for power but won't ever hit for average.

You also said keeping Raul in the lineup when he was in the middle of a month long hot streak was idiotic and would make it easy for you guys to catch up to us. I said you're wrong and that it was a silly comment.

On both accounts.. i was right. The end.

If you'd like to continue this discussion, feel free to PM me. No need to keep taking up the thread with more Uggla/Ibanez talk.

..and again, Braves still 6 games back.

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
Well, at least you were able to post without an insult this time. You are making progress!

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Am I the only one that realizes that baseball is a team sport?

The fact that Dan Uggla hits for power and not contact isn't a problem to me? Since I need a 30HR hitter in my lineup?

That each guy in a batting order has a specific job?

Nah, lets all just be like the Phillies and be juiceheads and try and go yard every at bat.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
casmith07;4068066 said:
Nah, lets all just be like the Phillies and be juiceheads and try and go yard every at bat.

File that one away with Miles Austin is better than Roddy White and DeMarcus Ware would make Lawrence Taylor look average.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Risen Star;4068072 said:
File that one away with Miles Austin is better than Roddy White and DeMarcus Ware would make Lawrence Taylor look average.

File 'em. I don't give a **** what you or anyone else thinks.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
casmith07;4068066 said:
Am I the only one that realizes that baseball is a team sport?

The fact that Dan Uggla hits for power and not contact isn't a problem to me? Since I need a 30HR hitter in my lineup?

That each guy in a batting order has a specific job?

Juiceheads? lol good grief.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
DIAF;4068057 said:
Well, at least you were able to post without an insult this time. You are making progress!

This from the guy who's last two posts included saying someone was "butthurt" and calling them a troll..

Spare us bud.

Again, Braves still 6 games back.. man that move sending Dom down and keeping Ibanez up is really killing us. lol

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;4068397 said:
This from the guy who's last two posts included saying someone was "butthurt" and calling them a troll..

Spare us bud.

"butthurt" and the act of trolling are not insults. The only one here that's slung insults in this thread, that would be you.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
DIAF;4068524 said:
"butthurt" and the act of trolling are not insults. The only one here that's slung insults in this thread, that would be you.

I don't think i insulted you.. lets get back to the topic though.

Ibanez staying in the lineup over Dom didn't hurt us one bit.

Someone else said the Phils don't have any balance in their lineup or everyone just swings for the fences or some other nonsense like that..

Well, all i can say to that is they are averaging more runs per game than the Braves, so they must be doing something right.

CowboyDan

Anger is a Gift
Reaction score
It's quiet in here lately.....y'all ok?

Sincerely,

Cliff

cliff-lee--286x300.jpg

CowboyDan

Anger is a Gift
Reaction score
Muhast;4089459 said:
It's all good, we'll meet up in the playoffs. Venters/Kimbrall is still unhittable so we only need to beat you for 7 innings.

That is one great thing we have going for us.

I can't wait for that series! Here's hoping it happens. :p:

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Chipper: Phils Amaro is exec of the year

Chipper Jones' admiration for the Phillies goes beyond the players on the field.

Jones said this week that he considers Phillies general manager Ruben Amaro the executive of the year. He pointed to the Phillies' acquisitions of Cliff Lee and Hunter Pence, and even to last season's moves for Roy Halladay and Roy Oswalt.

"Those are executive of the year type moves," Jones said. "When he swings moves like those, he throws a gut punch at everyone in the division."

Jones said this week that he believes the Braves can challenge the Phillies in the National League playoffs. But that shouldn't be taken to mean he has any less respect for the Phils.

"They play more consistently than anyone else -- including us," Jones said.

http://danny-knobler.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/8590096/31773115?source=rss_blogs_MLB

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
All this Phillies talk reminds me of last year when their fans ran their mouths and got absolutely housed by the Giants in the playoffs when the rotation was shorter.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Phillies have to be careful with seemingly nothing to play for the last month of the season. They have to find the right balance of resting players while still trying to maintain that edge going into the postseason.

And for anybody talking about a Braves/Phillies playoff series, you might want to hold off on that. The Brewers and Diamondbacks are very capable of knocking off either team in a short series.