Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It is a combination of things:

1. Kneeling
2. No Romo, Dez or Witten
3. Two other teams in the area to compete
4. Rule changes souring some
5. Weather, it has been unusually hot

I don't think the lack of winning has anything to do with it, fans still came in the past. I was there twice within the last couple of weeks, looked crowded to me.

Coy

Reaction score
Stars and flashy players are important, no Romo, Witten, Dez, Ware, Murray, Scandrick (to name a few) hurt, like it or not, people wanted to see them, I know this is so 2014 but it matters and we got used to it.
Now we've got Zeke, D Law, Lee and Dak and some young players, but let's face it, fans would much rather watch the first group rather than the second, maybe that will change in the coming years.

Plus, many of us are fed up with Garrett. ;)

csirl

Reaction score
These things get tired after a while - the novelty wears off - particularly with locals who may have attended a number of times over the years.

Solution - the roadshow needs to change venue regularly.

plasticman

Reaction score
It probably gets boring to people in California.

.....but not when the Cowboys were at the Alamodome in San Antonio. Great Cowboy fans there, fantastic.

Since San Antonio has no NFL team, they have definitely adopted the Cowboys, all due respect to Texan fans but you know it's true. Always has been, always will.

Training camp was the closest the city would get to having an NFL team there,with the exception of half a season of Saints football after Katrina. By the way, I went to all three home games played in San Antonio.

Anyway, Cowboy fans in San Antonio would treat Cowboy practice sessions like a home game. Jerry must have fed into it because he charged $10 and even had piped in music, contests, and Rowdy going around with a T-shirt gun. Campo did what he was told but Parcells came in and changed everything. There was no festive atmosphere. No more music. No more Rowdy. Just screaming coaches and a fast pace. Parcell's first year was the last year I believe they had training camp in San Antonio.

That was probably a good thing for the team. If you asked the coaches they would probably rather have no spectators at all, it must be at least some of a distraction.

Jipper

Reaction score
These things get tired after a while - the novelty wears off - particularly with locals who may have attended a number of times over the years.

Or just have it in the home town like many teams do

AtlCPA

Reaction score
Any thoughts.......was it the autograph hounds taking a break with no Dez, Romo or Witten???

1534461528-NS_cowcamp_0728spo_JL_15.jpg
It hasn’t affected ticket prices for the Cowboys’ away games. You still need a bank loan to buy those.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How about attendance at others teams camps? Not they compared to us all that much anyway. Not that it seemed.
Eagles TC may have been up, then there are the teams that do not travel either, so local fans are closer to go see them.

But I think it is just the downtrend of declining fans going to put out their hard earned money for over priced items, as well as all the NFL's ongoing issues that is destroying the game.

Especially with all the rule changes that take away from the games. You never know when a ref is going to make a bogus call, or a tick tack call to lose the game for you. And the usual teams gets the calls to win it for them.

People are tired of it, and as kids fandom falls off now because of their video games and such. The parents don't go either.

I have many fans that will now only watch Cowboys games, they can care less about other games.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

They have a brand new facility in Frisco. They can always stay at home and have TC there. But the team has this idea that if they leave the area, it makes them focus better.

Well if I was paying the players that much money, they better focus on TC no matter where it is. Jerry needs to be concerned with them being focused, not rather they want to kneel or not. Kneeling do not win games.

And yes, they need to change this. I do not like the CA TC stuff. At least keep it in the Lonestar State.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Any thoughts.......was it the autograph hounds taking a break with no Dez, Romo or Witten???

1534461528-NS_cowcamp_0728spo_JL_15.jpg
Not surprised to see fake Cali fans decide to jump ship. Hope Jerry relocates training camp from Cali for good. Bring it back to San Antonio, Jerry!

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
It is a combination of things:

1. Kneeling
2. No Romo, Dez or Witten
3. Two other teams in the area to compete
4. Rule changes souring some
5. Weather, it has been unusually hot

I don't think the lack of winning has anything to do with it, fans still came in the past. I was there twice within the last couple of weeks, looked crowded to me.
#1 has nothing to do with it. They’re in California.