Attention Dak Haters: His Criticism is like Aaron Rodgers’

Legend

Reaction score
Dak would never be considered the best player on this team. That's the problem.

In other words, you will never find Dak Prescott on a NFL List of Top 100 players ever.

So again, your comparisons to the 49ers and Cowboys teams of old is idiotic.

Further, this post undermines your point above where you basically wonder how good Aikman was because he played on stacked teams. Then link to a ranking that has him as the 80th best player of all time. LOL.

Zeke is the best player. Find a true #1 WR and improve the D and the Cowboys can contend since there are no longer stacked teams like the 80s 49ers and early 90s Cowboys in today’s NFL.

Aikman was not the best player on the Cowboys 90s dynasty.

Sydla

Reaction score
Zeke is the best player. Find a true #1 WR and improve the D and the Cowboys can contend since there are no longer stacked teams like the 80s 49ers and early 90s Cowboys in today’s NFL.

Aikman was not the best player on the Cowboys 90s dynasty.

So? He was an elite QB, a future Hall of Fame QB. Great, he wasn't the best player. He was still a top level QB in the NFL. By your own rankings the 80th best player of all time.

In other words, the equation doesn't work like this:

Emmitt = Zeke
Aikman = Dak

You may think that, try to argue that but that once again shows how silly your position is.

Legend

Reaction score
So? He was an elite QB, a future Hall of Fame QB. Great, he wasn't the best player. He was still a top level QB in the NFL. By your own rankings the 80th best player of all time.

In other words, the equation doesn't work like this:

Emmitt = Zeke
Aikman = Dak

You may think that, try to argue that but that once again shows how silly your position is.

Dak does not have to equal Aikman because...

Aikman’s and Montana’s NFL > than today’s mediocre NFL

The best RB in the league is on the Cowboys. Build around him and tweak the OL.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
The human mind performs functions beyond reading. Reading involves interpretation, i.e., deciphering the meaning behind words and what they're actually saying. Why make comparisons? What is the purpose of the comparison? Why choose Rodgers and not Eli Manning?

All these are functions of higher intelligence. If reading were simply the issue, we would all read the same thing and come to the same conclusions.
For example, Jack hold hands with Sally is a simple statement that can be read. With no interpretation, we have the simple action.
What "holding hands" means is a matter of intelligence because now we're having to interpret what hand holding means in this situation.

I appreciate Legend's demeanor and his ability to remain mature when people are attacking his comparison.
But he knew why he chose Aaron Rodgers for the comparison. And I contend it wasn't simply just to show that Aaron Rodgers is suffering from inaccuracy. He did it because he wants to make a statement about Dak's performance.
All we're doing is INTERPRETING what he means by the comparison.

Again, a function of higher intelligence.

You're still saying he meant something that you have no way of knowing, since you can't read minds :laugh:

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
the fact that Rodgers has throughout his career been ACCURATE.

Can we get off of how great Rodgers is? Let's be real, Rodgers' career accuracy is 65.0%. He's had 60.5% as recently as 2015.

He's been to ONE Super Bowl, in other years he's 5-7 in playoff games. In his SB year he had the leagues 5th ranked defense.

In the last playoff game against Dallas, his tight end made a toe-dragging, falling out of bounds reception, which didn't win the game, it took a long field goal to win it. Good pass, yes, but the Cowboys rushed THREE on the play, stupid coaching "prevent the win" defense. Good pass, but better catch, and that pass wasn't a game winner, still had to hit a long field goal, not a sure thing.

Aikman won 3 SBs. Jim Plunkett (who?) won 2. People here laugh at Eli, but he's won 2, right?

Look, Rodgers is a good quarterback, no doubt. But I'm sick of hearing how this one time SB winner, with a 5-7 record otherwise, is sooooo much better than other quarterbacks....

tyke1doe

Reaction score
You're still saying he meant something that you have no way of knowing, since you can't read minds :laugh:
It's not a matter of reading minds. It's a matter of understanding words and their meaning.
This is what we DO know.

1. He made a comparison. THIS IS FACT!
2. He meant something by his comparison. THIS IS ALSO FACT!
3. An INTERPRETATION involves "reading" something into or from an action. THIS IS ALSO FACT!
4. An INTERPRETATION can be accurate or inaccurate. THAT'S WAY WE DISCUSS!

:)

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Can we get off of how great Rodgers is? Let's be real, Rodgers' career accuracy is 65.0%. He's had 60.5% as recently as 2015.

He's been to ONE Super Bowl, in other years he's 5-7 in playoff games. In his SB year he had the leagues 5th ranked defense.

In the last playoff game against Dallas, his tight end made a toe-dragging, falling out of bounds reception, which didn't win the game, it took a long field goal to win it. Good pass, yes, but the Cowboys rushed THREE on the play, stupid coaching "prevent the win" defense. Good pass, but better catch, and that pass wasn't a game winner, still had to hit a long field goal, not a sure thing.

Aikman won 3 SBs. Jim Plunkett (who?) won 2. People here laugh at Eli, but he's won 2, right?

Look, Rodgers is a good quarterback, no doubt. But I'm sick of hearing how this one time SB winner, with a 5-7 record otherwise, is sooooo much better than other quarterbacks....

Why should we get off how great Rodgers is? This thread compares Dak with Rodgers. Of course, we would talk about Rodgers.

As to the greatest of Rodgers, we point to it because of the comparison to Dak. Using your information to compare against Dak's, Rodgers TOWERS over Dak. And, I think, that is what most people are saying in addressing the original post. :)

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Why should we get off how great Rodgers is? This thread compares Dak with Rodgers. Of course, we would talk about Rodgers.

As to the greatest of Rodgers, we point to it because of the comparison to Dak. Using your information to compare against Dak's, Rodgers TOWERS over Dak. And, I think, that is what most people are saying in addressing the original post. :)

I did not compare the two. NOT AT ALL. I was talking 100% about Rodgers ALONE.

No, it's not a direct comment on the thread, but I just get tired of Rodgers being brought up just because he's beaten the Cowboys in games...

Sydla

Reaction score

No, it's not a direct comment on the thread, but I just get tired of Rodgers being brought up just because he's beaten the Cowboys in games...

Rodgers is one of the three best QBs of the last decade. I think that's another reason why he gets talked about a lot.

And frankly, I suspect there isn't a long thread discussing Aaron Rodgers on this board if a certain Dak lover didn't start trying to make weird analogies and comparisons involving Aaron Rodgers.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
has he or has everything around him gotten worse?
to the degree that he has regressed, no....you are being enamoured with names that left dallas, but upon more examination.... witten was a shell of himself in the last two or three years, swaim is not much different than a 37 year old TE with no speed (who had no speed to begin with)..... Dez was average at best. couldn't get separation and if he was any good, he would have been signed somewhere and in case you have missed it, he is sitting home twitting
... he has Zeke back and #1 rushing attack and crappiest passing offense.... and Dak directly contributes to the OL struggles and lack of the passing game. stats showed that dak got the same number of pressures and hits as Watson, yet Watson had 375 yards passing putting the ball where it needed to be. Hopkins had 151, which means Watson still have 225 yards to other WRs..

if Dak needs a great OL, a top NFL RB, and two #1 WRs and good TE to succeed, then we can put our local bus driver to do the same....he is supposed to Lift the team....there is plenty of bus drivers out there.

Brax

Reaction score
The quality of the QB is important in all these debates. You can't just throw it aside like it's not big deal. Those Cowboys teams don't win 3 SBs if it's Emmitt, Irvin, a dominant D and then a schlub at QB. It's embarrassing and idiotic to actually act like Aikman actually wasn't great and just a guy along for the ride on a great Cowboys team. I mean are you really suggesting that you don't know if Aikman was a great QB because he played on a really good team? How do we know if Irvin was a really good WR if he didn't play with Aikman? Or would Emmitt be the leading rusher in NFL history if he played with Chris Chandler and Bobby Hoying for much of his career?

You want a return to dominance? Then you need a great QB. Look at all the dynasties in the NFL - Patriots, Cowboys, 49ers, Steelers, Packers?

Everyone of those dominant runs had a Hall of Fame QB on those teams (yes, with other great players). You are a fool if you think the Cowboys can create another dynasty with an average QB.
Hows Eli looking with all those weapons, Sydla you are correct with a top QB the rest will follow. Poor QB play dooms a team good QB play makes it better great QB play elevates it.

Legend

Reaction score
Hows Eli looking with all those weapons, Sydla you are correct with a top QB the rest will follow. Poor QB play dooms a team good QB play makes it better great QB play elevates it.
Eli is near the end of his career...

Legend

Reaction score
and Eli is better than Dak, sad isn't it.

Luck and Ryan led teams are not doing well too.

Dak led Cowboys are better than the Eli led Giants. Has been that way since 2016.

I do not compare position players but the entire team in regards to wins and losses.

Sydla

Reaction score
Luck and Ryan led teams are not doing well too.

Dak led Cowboys are better than the Eli led Giants. Has been that way since 2016.

I do not compare position players but the entire team in regards to wins and losses.

If Atlanta or Indy wants to trade us Ryan or Luck straight up for Dak, I would gladly make that swap.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Uh, you didn't start the thread. Legend did, and he made the comparison. I'm responding to the thread topic.
My issue isn't with you. You responded to me. The fact that you wish to talk about Rodgers 100 percent doesn't negate the reason why I commented on this thread.

Well, if you get tired, don't visit this thread. We who are not tired decided to visit and register our comments. :)

landroverking

Reaction score
Two things
1st don’t mention Aaron and Dak in the same post.
2nd Aaron sat behind Btrett Farve for three years.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
giphy.gif

I had a Rowdy avatar nightmare! Rowdies were arguing back-and-forth! Freddy Krueger! Save me!